Forums » The Rogue

Flash Bomb - Rogue Feign Death?

• 3601 posts
    June 11, 2018 3:44 AM PDT

Gideon said:

I'm personnally ok with a situational consumble granting stealth in the middle of a fight. Any powerful effect should be balanced. In that case, if all mobs could be fooled and if it weren't a consumable, a rogue could trick the same mobs all day long. Considering all the utility a rogue has (and should have) i think it's ok to limit it. It also makes crafting more interesting because you'll have to craft some must haves, even at high level. That completely goes my way. It will be more of a lifesaver or occasionnal tactic rather than a way to fool mobs on a repetitive basis, which i think is better.

It won't really be a consumable in the traditional sense. The Rogue "alchemical abilities" are described as "potions" by flavor and animation only. They really are just like other abilities that are only on a hotbar and consume a resource.

• 81 posts
    June 11, 2018 10:02 AM PDT

@Bazgrim

Ok then, thank you for clarifying this topic. Guess some of us got misled, including me for this one. Sorry if i was off-topic.

This post was edited by Gideon at June 11, 2018 10:03 AM PDT
    • 22 posts
    June 26, 2018 1:37 PM PDT

I actually think the Rogue should have Feign Death, but not how Monks do it.  A Monk is master of body and mind, so they can slow their heartbeat to appear dead.  A Rogue, being a master of subterfuge (deception and trickery), would do it a different way:

Rogues carry flasks and vials to use for their alchemy.  Why not keep a vial filled with blood that can break onto the Rogue.  The splatter of blood on the Rogue, along with falling to the ground "lifeless", could make the Rogue appear dead.  I think it's a cool way to incorporate their trickery and use of their flasks to Feign Death.

• 813 posts
    June 26, 2018 4:01 PM PDT

Loxxulus said:

I actually think the Rogue should have Feign Death, but not how Monks do it.  A Monk is master of body and mind, so they can slow their heartbeat to appear dead.  A Rogue, being a master of subterfuge (deception and trickery), would do it a different way:

Rogues carry flasks and vials to use for their alchemy.  Why not keep a vial filled with blood that can break onto the Rogue.  The splatter of blood on the Rogue, along with falling to the ground "lifeless", could make the Rogue appear dead.  I think it's a cool way to incorporate their trickery and use of their flasks to Feign Death.

A potion of fake death could work, with low blood pulse and livid attitude, no ?