Forums » News and Announcements

Class Reveals and a Pax Recap Highlight the May Newsletter

• 523 posts
    May 17, 2018 10:57 AM PDT

BenD said:

Nanfoodle said:

My guess with Bard just being green lit, Control archtype will be the last persented.

To reiterate - it's still a "hope to have in" thing. It's currently looking promising, but it's by no means a guarantee.

Tough to see how you can release a "quaternity" themed game with only one class as an option for the "Control" Archetype.  Need at least two more options for those of us that enjoy the Control role.  Obviously the Bard will fit that role, and it seems very easy to fit the Necromancer in that role as well, but it would be a mistake to release prior to getting THREE distinct optinos available in the game for the Control role.  Plus, I'm pretty sure the entire community is fine delaying the game a little longer to get the Bard and Necro in the game prior to launch.  Nobody wants to see a bazillion Enchanters as the only option to fill an integral role.  

• 287 posts
    May 17, 2018 10:58 AM PDT
    Some of those ranger abilities are amazing.
    • 441 posts
    May 17, 2018 11:28 AM PDT

Love the Orc lore. Looks like a fun race, I would love to see the NPCs play out some of this lore in game. Like an Orc that sneaks in to steal some meat from an alter and Female Orc Shaman slay him for it. What fun. 

• 441 posts
    May 17, 2018 11:30 AM PDT

Mathir said:

BenD said:

Nanfoodle said:

My guess with Bard just being green lit, Control archtype will be the last persented.

To reiterate - it's still a "hope to have in" thing. It's currently looking promising, but it's by no means a guarantee.

Tough to see how you can release a "quaternity" themed game with only one class as an option for the "Control" Archetype.  Need at least two more options for those of us that enjoy the Control role.  Obviously the Bard will fit that role, and it seems very easy to fit the Necromancer in that role as well, but it would be a mistake to release prior to getting THREE distinct optinos available in the game for the Control role.  Plus, I'm pretty sure the entire community is fine delaying the game a little longer to get the Bard and Necro in the game prior to launch.  Nobody wants to see a bazillion Enchanters as the only option to fill an integral role.  

I have faith the will get Bard in... They have said they hope to get Necro in as well so keep the faith on that =-)

• 62 posts
    May 17, 2018 12:43 PM PDT

oh pfft ... and here I thought I had my Race/Class main sorted! Now I have to go back to the thought board (loved the orc!) Stunning Monk! Cute Ranger...

• 248 posts
    May 17, 2018 1:29 PM PDT

Thank you for the newsletter!

I really like the new class pages. Gave me a much better understanding of the classes revealed and I'm eagerly looking forward to more :)

-sorte.

PS. Now I want an Arctic Orc Teddy!

• 24 posts
    May 17, 2018 1:35 PM PDT

Awesome!

• 88 posts
    May 17, 2018 1:50 PM PDT

Looking pretty sweet.  I cant' wait to see this in action:

Beckon: Vale Hawks

You beckon a pair of Vale Hawks to lift and carry you to target location.

• 76 posts
    May 17, 2018 3:38 PM PDT

Was sure I was either going to play a monk or rogue... But the ranger abilities make me want to turn over a new leaf and play one. 

• 56 posts
    May 17, 2018 4:50 PM PDT

Very nice work! Love the Chakras with the monks! 

• 3016 posts
    May 17, 2018 4:57 PM PDT

This just keeps getting better and better and better!!   Such a hardworking team...it shows.   Many thanks VR.  :)

Cana

• 441 posts
    May 18, 2018 9:32 AM PDT

eldrun said:

Was sure I was either going to play a monk or rogue... But the ranger abilities make me want to turn over a new leaf and play one. 

Ya I am so sure Im going to be a Bard but after reading the skills, Ranger skills will have me rolling a Ranger alt for sure. I love the creative skills on all 3 classes, some things I have never seen done in a MMO so that has me even more excited for Pantheon. Cant wait to see what you do with Bard skills =-)

• 1479 posts
    May 30, 2018 11:43 PM PDT

Let's talk seriously now.

Will the NL be out the 13 or the 20 of june ? :D

• 2886 posts
    May 31, 2018 3:19 AM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

Let's talk seriously now.

Will the NL be out the 13 or the 20 of june ? :D

Last I heard, the next one was supposed to be on time. So supposedly the 13th.

• 1479 posts
    May 31, 2018 4:01 AM PDT

Cheers. That's good news.

• 287 posts
    June 1, 2018 9:30 PM PDT

the next question is, do we get casters, healers, or tanks as the next round of class releases?

• 259 posts
    June 13, 2018 12:18 PM PDT

Great newsletter, thank you for all the info. The Paladin class looks very exciting. Welcome to the new team member. The Elf starting area and lands, Faerthale, pretty sure this will be starting zone.