Forums » The Dire Lord

DL epic weapon

• 189 posts
    May 15, 2018 10:15 PM PDT
    Will we see a epic 2h sword where you can equip a short - medium shield at the same time?

This would be the perfect epic weapon for a Dire Lord if you ask me :)
    • 1010 posts
    May 15, 2018 11:27 PM PDT

That doesn't seem entirely fitting the Direlord for little we know about, but that doesn't mean it's exclusive. Eq had epics 2 handed with bash included, but my guess is that it was mostly a gameplay tweak due to large races having a distinct advantage with slam, however I don't remember if it was pushed to another tier of weapons later or abandonned.

A small targe shield could do the trick, but since the DL gameplay has been teased as "changing if two handed or dual wielding", my hope would be for a transformable weapon like the warrior's first epic in EQ, which was to me the most awesome weapon I saw back then.

• 312 posts
    May 16, 2018 11:18 PM PDT
    The DL epic should be demonic claws that grow out of its hands and a summoned daikatana of pure shadow
    • 312 posts
    May 16, 2018 11:21 PM PDT
    ..and the claws would have a clickie which let the DL tear out and absorb the heart of any enemy below 10% health
    • 64 posts
    May 18, 2018 4:59 AM PDT

I would imagine it would take inspiration from the EQ1 Warrior epic - 2 swords that can combine to be a 2her mainly because they suggest that using a 2her would be their way of bypassing issues regarding slash resistant mobs (due to the heavy weight behind a big blade) but I think dual wield is a more default option (though I would hope it is more about preference of whether to use DW or 2h) so if the idea of the epic weapon would be as the 'end all and be all' of in game weapons (until expansions I would assume), it would kind of make sense it was versatile.  Alternatively I would imagine it would be a big 2her, again to ensure their epic wepaon is not flawed in being undersirable due to slash resistant mobs.

As for what it looks like, I am sure it will be suitably foreboding - let's just hope they do not make it a flaming blade as that wouldn't really work with the whole 'making your opponents bleed' theme :D

• 27 posts
    May 18, 2018 4:39 PM PDT

asteldian said:

I would imagine it would take inspiration from the EQ1 Warrior epic - 2 swords that can combine to be a 2her mainly because they suggest that using a 2her would be their way of bypassing issues regarding slash resistant mobs (due to the heavy weight behind a big blade) but I think dual wield is a more default option (though I would hope it is more about preference of whether to use DW or 2h) so if the idea of the epic weapon would be as the 'end all and be all' of in game weapons (until expansions I would assume), it would kind of make sense it was versatile.  Alternatively I would imagine it would be a big 2her, again to ensure their epic wepaon is not flawed in being undersirable due to slash resistant mobs.

As for what it looks like, I am sure it will be suitably foreboding - let's just hope they do not make it a flaming blade as that wouldn't really work with the whole 'making your opponents bleed' theme :D

This is exactly what I was thinking.

• 73 posts
    May 19, 2018 10:01 AM PDT

Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vebn1AN6KY&feature=youtu.be Time Stamp 16:47 

Dire Lord "will be required to use edged weaponry"  

Dire Lord can either DW or 2H edged weaponry.

Both DW and 2H will have there own benefits and drawbacks. The situation may dictate the wield type. 

Not a lot of information giving specifics on DW or 2h for the DL. All that's known thus far is that DL will be required to use edged weaponry and will be able to choose between DW or 2h. 

Edit: Based on the information thus far I do not believe shields will be in the DL's preferred arsenal. DL's will be tanking with a 2h or DW edge weapons.  

This post was edited by xaices at May 19, 2018 10:14 AM PDT