Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

How old are the game disks you own

• 3016 posts
    May 10, 2018 9:23 PM PDT

I am packing to move, and found my original disks for Meridian 59 - Dark Auspices,  original EQ disk that says 989 studios and a few others.  Pretty sure I still have my EQ beta disk (before EQ launched) around somewhere just havent fallen over it yet.  lol

• 839 posts
    May 10, 2018 11:46 PM PDT

Disks that I still own.. from around 97 I'd say..

My 2 fav games are the only ones I kept... Myth TFL and EQ which both get packed with me wherever i have moved and will be coming to the new place too!   They're the only thing from my gaming past that i have kept.  When we first met, my wife (not realising the can of worms she was opening) asked me about the EQ box, because she said it it looked cool... and that turned into me giving her a ridiculously detailed analysis (that she would ever have needed or wanted) about the good ol days of MMO's lol :)

So since that she knows how thrilled i am to have Pantheon on the horizon... she just probably doesnt realise to what extent it might keep me up at night from time to time lol!

• 62 posts
    May 11, 2018 11:51 AM PDT

discs? DISCs? - wow, I've still got a Cassette with Demons on it for my TRS80! I've still got Lineage, and a few others, but sadly no EQ's.

• 37 posts
    May 11, 2018 12:11 PM PDT

Mmmhmm...I dread getting to the moving part of "Do I really have to get rid of these game discs?" moment. Is it an embarrassment that the old Atari 2600 and the cartridges are still in the office closet?!

Maybe that's why I've delayed selling this house... 

But Canadina - does that mean you're moving them with you? (✿◠‿◠)

• 3016 posts
    May 12, 2018 4:14 PM PDT

ariesel said:

Mmmhmm...I dread getting to the moving part of "Do I really have to get rid of these game discs?" moment. Is it an embarrassment that the old Atari 2600 and the cartridges are still in the office closet?!

Maybe that's why I've delayed selling this house... 

But Canadina - does that mean you're moving them with you? (✿◠‿◠)

Yup still have my Anarchy discs too along with a Leisure Suit Larry box, a Phantasmagoria  - A Puzzle of Flesh game box, a Hoyle game, ..gifts from Sierra Online ( I modded their roleplay forum back in the mid '90's..Ivory Moon Cafe - The Realm)   I can't part with them, even though some of my old games were DOS based.  hehe  I still have my t shirt from The Realm devs,  all signed by them. :) I betaed Meridian 59...my first pvp...man that was rough on newbies, specially on dial-up---screen freeze, you come back dead and fully looted, armor, weapons, and any money you had on you.  lol 

The Realm had pvp as well in areas.    I saw my first ever gold duping experience in The Realm...piles of money on the ground,  so much, people were trying to give it to you.   What a laugh.

http://www.tgdaily.com/hardware-brief/19728-3do-unveils-meridian-59-dark-auspices-game-for-web

Cana

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at May 12, 2018 4:27 PM PDT
    • 51 posts
    May 14, 2018 10:12 PM PDT

Funny this topic came up.  I just cleaned up a bunch of stuff and found quite a few disks I didn't want to keep but i've kept EQ and Vanguard and a few others. The ones I didn't keep I pulled the art from and will probably make some type of collage and frame it to put on my wall

• 37 posts
    May 15, 2018 5:09 AM PDT

everett said:

Funny this topic came up.  I just cleaned up a bunch of stuff and found quite a few disks I didn't want to keep but i've kept EQ and Vanguard and a few others. The ones I didn't keep I pulled the art from and will probably make some type of collage and frame it to put on my wall

Oooo, that's a brilliant idea!