Forums » The Ogres

Grouping with other races

• 23 posts
    April 30, 2018 4:39 PM PDT

Hello,

I want to make a Ogre and a friend of mine wants to be a Elf/Human

Does anyone have any information on if we will be able to group together or will it be like wow with Horde V Alliance

• 813 posts
    April 30, 2018 4:55 PM PDT

No player faction here. Faction will be NPC based and will simply dictate where you an travel with ease, and where you can't.

However, you will probably have a hard time meeting your friend at lower levels, and will probably have to grind your own way for at least the 10 first levels before reaching a common area.

We don't know how ogre will be received at Thronefast but my guess is they might not be accepted and might even be killed on sight (or factions would not have much meaning at start), the same applying to humans going to the broken maw.

Fear not, usually only the first 10 to 20 levels are tight closed to starting areas, beeing the fastests in progression, and you should eventually meet somewhere.

If you and your friend really care about playing together from scratch, I would counsel one of you to switch race. As an example the Dark Myrs have a lot of class choices and seems to be in good term with the ogre regarding the lore of the game. (at least, mutual respect)

• 64 posts
    May 2, 2018 1:52 AM PDT

Yeah that might not always be possible. I myself am rolling human paladin, my friend is rolling Dark Myr Dire lord. We both are set on that, that is the classes we want to play. So yeah, being able to meet up as quickly as possible is something we both are very interested in knowing, even if I have to swim from one continent to the next.

• 813 posts
    May 2, 2018 4:37 AM PDT

You'll have a hard time as two tank. Let's hope group construction is flexible.

• 3601 posts
    May 2, 2018 7:14 AM PDT

I think Mauvais hit the nail on the head. While there's technically nothing stopping you, it will be extremely difficult. It will be a very long journey (with no maps, mind you) - even having to cross an ocean as the two home cities are on different continents. And the further you get from home, the more dangerous it will be. Doing this as a level 1 with no prior knowledge of the game world means almost certain death. And even if you do get there, it'll be hard to find an NPC that wants to buy/sell with you or do any sort of business as Elves and Humans tend to not be very fond of Ogres. But if you can somehow pull it off, more power to you! The Dark Myr would probably be much easier as the home cities appear to be pretty close together according to the atlas.

MauvaisOeil said:

You'll have a hard time as two tank. Let's hope group construction is flexible.

It usually depends on the situation. In the past few streams, we have seen them hold their own with two tanks. It should be pretty flexible, but there will probably be some situations where that is more difficult and you need to be more creative with your tactics. A different comp may have an easier time. I'd argue that they probably would have had less wipes if they swapped out a tank for DPS in the Black Rose Keep streams, but as we can see, they made it work. Essentially, your strategies just have to adapt with your comp.

• 30 posts
    August 2, 2018 12:31 AM PDT
    There is always plan c where you and he make alts in the other town to level up with til you can group together properly.