Forums » The Shaman

Shaman spells from recent stream & impressions

• 166 posts
    April 29, 2018 5:28 PM PDT

Here's all the shaman spells shown in the recent stream: https://imgur.com/a/3dHaz27

Note:  The root may be a placeholder Druid spell.  

Anyway, I'm pretty hyped about the shaman!

This post was edited by zoltar at April 29, 2018 6:58 PM PDT
    • 1231 posts
    April 29, 2018 7:05 PM PDT

I'm wondering what the Hand of Aivelu is supposed to be for, since there are no other Water Bane spells that you can cast on an ally.  There is a Water Boon spell, though.

Just kidding, I'm assuming it's just a typo and they meant Water Boon.  :)

• 813 posts
    April 30, 2018 4:43 AM PDT

Nicely done, however you could find every spell seen in the stream on the wiki : https://pantheonriseofthefallen.gamepedia.com/Shaman/Abilities

I'm quite concerned about some flaw/flavor in design. The previous streams shown a really straightforward shaman with a dot/slow/pet mechanic like it used to be in EQ.

This stream show shaman spells with interraction in between spells : Banes you develop in Primal curses and boon you develop in Primal Oath, however some banes show no curses yet and only one boon has been shown as well.

Will there be more boons (like boon of power, an avatar like spell you can use one your teamates then improve with a primal oath of haste per example, with a short duration ) ?

Why is the slow tied to a dot ? that means you have no way to slow withouth breaking CC and thus unable to start an add in the best conditions ? (I'd have tied the primal curse of slow to the stat decrease bane, to make it consistent in the "line" of spell).

How will spell upgrade work with boons/banes/curses/oath ? Will you get new ones of the same type every few levels and simply switch them ? Like the lvl 16 curse will be used with the lvl "24" bane until you get a new fire bane later ?

However, I like the system overall, it really really emphasis on pre planning what you will have to do, and the Water boon seems like a good patch of unavoidable damage to sustain your non tanks while keeping the oath for the tank's spike damage.

• 6 posts
    May 9, 2018 8:04 AM PDT

Dots dots and moar dots!!!!! 

I really want to have a specialized version of the shaman that can dot and slow like crazy... its been my dream forever... Give the group great buffs to up everyones damage, then go pure dot dps mode for the gameplay and have the ability to spin off and spot heal or slow mobs...

• 168 posts
    May 12, 2018 9:20 PM PDT

My question is, will there be group buffs? I kinda hope so I would hate having to cast 12 buffs every time we die or it every 36 minutes lol. 

• 64 posts
    May 12, 2018 10:38 PM PDT

Maybe we have to earn it later during a quest. Or like it was in VG (One-click-Buff-Raid-Quest). I liked it!

This post was edited by Zazazuu at May 12, 2018 10:39 PM PDT
    • 813 posts
    May 13, 2018 8:36 AM PDT

Toadmanbear said:

Dots dots and moar dots!!!!! 

I really want to have a specialized version of the shaman that can dot and slow like crazy... its been my dream forever... Give the group great buffs to up everyones damage, then go pure dot dps mode for the gameplay and have the ability to spin off and spot heal or slow mobs...

That should depend of your loadout I guess, if you're not main heal I'm sure you can manage to use and exploit a lot of diversity.

• 183 posts
    May 17, 2018 1:33 AM PDT

Very nice! hope we see other skills from other classes aswell soon.

This post was edited by BamBam at May 17, 2018 2:34 AM PDT
    • 15 posts
    May 18, 2018 3:43 PM PDT

Dubah said:

My question is, will there be group buffs? I kinda hope so I would hate having to cast 12 buffs every time we die or it every 36 minutes lol. 

Eq2 does have me spoiled with buffs.  Fell in love with the persistant buffs, that dont need to be recast.  (with exception of a few single target buffs that have to be recast after death or buff strip)

• 168 posts
    May 23, 2018 5:39 PM PDT

ZullyZevize said:

Dubah said:

Eq2 does have me spoiled with buffs.  Fell in love with the persistant buffs, that dont need to be recast.  (with exception of a few single target buffs that have to be recast after death or buff strip)

I'd be ok with the way EQ1 turned out lol, eventually we got group buffs, made it so much easier to buff a 72 man raid. 

Can someone please explain the boons to me tho, will we be constantly changing boons?