Forums » News and Announcements

Miss the @Koopatroopa787 stream?

• 9115 posts
    April 27, 2018 3:15 AM PDT

Miss the @Koopatroopa787 stream? Don't worry, we've got you covered ;)
    https://youtu.be/L_oFEy4YGTg
    #PRF
    #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

• 1479 posts
    April 27, 2018 4:08 AM PDT

Shamshamshaman !

• 31 posts
    April 27, 2018 6:39 AM PDT

Not sure if you really want bug reports from the streams and not first hand experience, so delete/move as appropriate.

The Shaman ability Hand of Aivelu states that it amplifies a Water Bane on an ally -> should read Water Boon.

Thanks for sharing the stream for those that couldn't watch it live!

• 15 posts
    April 27, 2018 10:20 AM PDT

Thanks for posting this. I'm always going to miss the time on these streams.

What stood out the most on this one (and I'm not really sure about the others) are the spell graphics. They looked like they were actually IN the environment, as opposed to being like a layer "on top" of everything. I don't remember who said this, but I lol'd, "If you didn't bring a torch, just light everything on fire." so you could see in the dark!

It was also interesting seeing the shaman do some work. I'm most likely going to start off as an ogre shaman (or druid?) so now I just need to wait for the female version/model. Seeing the art progress is probably one of my favorite part of the streams.

• 16 posts
    April 27, 2018 1:22 PM PDT

i just hope there is going to be more then 2 healing spells. as a healiing main that worries me i know the shaman has a bunch of ultilty and debuffs maybe thats why it looked like koopa wasnt doing so grand at it. ( i know its hard to grab a class at 20 and play them well) but watching the stream it felt like shamans just dont have the power to really heal. I hope that it is more of misplays then anything else

• 257 posts
    April 27, 2018 2:27 PM PDT

Wow. The Dev team showed some serious constraint. He claims he has played mmo's before but I just don't see it. That would have been the perfect opportunity to show the /kick function on a stream lol.

• 64 posts
    April 27, 2018 3:11 PM PDT

I see a lot of talk about how contested content is going to be OK because the areas will be so huge. The low teens mobs at the beginning could support how many low teens group? 2 or 3? 

That will be over camped very quickly...

This post was edited by nscheffel at April 27, 2018 3:11 PM PDT
    • 64 posts
    April 27, 2018 3:34 PM PDT

How many wipes until your healer follows the "casters stay out of AE range" instructions?

I don't think this guy is going to hack it in PoA...

This post was edited by nscheffel at April 27, 2018 3:39 PM PDT
    • 1479 posts
    April 27, 2018 3:55 PM PDT

Frankly the boss failure is far to be the sole healer's fault. Here are what I would recommend :

1) Pull with a Hot on

2) pull with a defensive cooldown to manage alpha strike

3) Once smoke and mirror has been used, Taunt the boss on one of the warriors so he doesn't just smash the rogue like a flea.

4) Communicate on CC duration, especially smoke and mirror. A magic resist debuff + mez or at least a mez could have been pre cast before S&M faded, resulting in no insta death. This is something very important in CC games:  Do not refresh a CC when he faded but before he does, as a mob free to wander even for a couple of seconds can unleash some serious **** (and in this case : some serious AOE blast and AOE CC, resulting in a quick wipe).

Theses 4 points could have given enough breath room for the shaman to actually maintain the MT alive during the add phase, and probably pre debuff + slow the boss so he gets less beafy once it's his time. I don't think such boss is too hard for a shaman, but clearly he needs a little room to slow and reduce mob's strength, reducing drastically the damage on the tank and by a bit on the melees. It was already the case in EQ, and Shamans couldn't match the healing power of a cleric but could compensate with STR debuff and slow.

Of course it's easier to see this in a recorded stream, but theses are the hard to learn lessons we sometimes, have to learn the hard way.

• 839 posts
    April 27, 2018 4:08 PM PDT

Wouldnt communication between rogue and enc to simultaneously pull with smoke and mirrors on boss and a mez on his friend have been the tactic to win this fight?  locking down boss and friend immediately and then switching between targets to keep them locked down.. while the other is burned.. Seems they were just asking for that massive hit of damage from the boss when it could have been avoided? 

• 159 posts
    April 27, 2018 4:25 PM PDT

Retsof said:

Wow. The Dev team showed some serious constraint. He claims he has played mmo's before but I just don't see it. That would have been the perfect opportunity to show the /kick function on a stream lol.

I don't mean to replicate the Reddit thread on this, which has become quite toxic IMHO. Still, I do think this last stream didn't go as smoothly as previous ones, although I would be careful to "blame the healer" (MMO trope much?).

There seemed to be a number of issues:

1. Koopa didn't seem at ease with his skills and other game mechanics, which may indicate lack of preparation. This can be his, or VR's, or both parties' fault. Or it could be as intended, to show how someone less familiar with these mechanics would have to adjust.

2. Mistakes were made not only by Koopa but by the devs' team. I remember one of the tanks mentioning they'd forgotten to buff up with a skill that greatly enhanced their HP, AC and some other stat for a brief period, which would have avoided at least one almost instant death upon pulling the boss. Another shortcoming that can't be pinned on the streamer is that the current UI, as stated during the stream, gives no indication of what buffs are currently on your group members, which makes it easy to miss buffing someone unless they call it out. Also, and this is not a mistake but may have impacted the group, the two tanks could have a weird effect of ping-ponging certain enemies from one to the other, making the healer have to chase whichever tank had aggro at each moment.

3. I could be way off, but I sensed some tension between Koopa and the devs, with a couple of jabs being thrown each way about who was or wasn't doing what. I had never seen this streamer before and don't know if he's usually more engaging, talkative or entertaining, but in the end he came across as a bit uncomfortable with it all.

Anyway, I think a less successful stream is still useful, if for nothing else, then at least as a way to better prepare the next. And I still enjoyed seeing the wipes in Black Rose Keep anyway.

This post was edited by daemonios at April 27, 2018 4:27 PM PDT
    • 257 posts
    April 27, 2018 5:14 PM PDT

Yeah. I was going to post all the things I saw "wrong" that he was doing or not doing but as I was typing it out it felt like I was kicking someone while he was down. Decided to just point out the issue and lighten it up with a joke. Good news though, Thehiveleader video was great!

• 31 posts
    April 27, 2018 5:54 PM PDT

It's good to see what the Shaman class has to offer in this stream. 

This post was edited by Truespeed at April 27, 2018 5:54 PM PDT
    • 2 posts
    April 27, 2018 9:47 PM PDT

Yeah I knew he wasnt familiar with the game style or much of the game when he said something about drinking water to regain mana.. mana water anybody? 

He obviously isnt used to a healer role, as we can tell by the steam

The stream just needed a bit more enthusiasm imo.. I mean hes a streamer, hes used to putting himself out there, so entertain us!

This post was edited by atrayel at April 27, 2018 10:29 PM PDT
    • 287 posts
    April 28, 2018 10:09 AM PDT

Hokanu said:

Wouldnt communication between rogue and enc to simultaneously pull with smoke and mirrors on boss and a mez on his friend have been the tactic to win this fight?  locking down boss and friend immediately and then switching between targets to keep them locked down.. while the other is burned.. Seems they were just asking for that massive hit of damage from the boss when it could have been avoided? 

[/blockquote

That is how I would try it

This post was edited by bryanleo9 at April 28, 2018 10:10 AM PDT
    • 287 posts
    April 28, 2018 10:11 AM PDT

Least favorite streamer.  The rest have been great.

• 52 posts
    April 29, 2018 11:40 AM PDT

Skipped this one after watching the first 5 minutes. Never heard of this streamer (I don't watch Twitch streams much though) and something wasn't jiving in the group.

Never heard of TheHiveLeader either (again, I don't do Twich much lol). Unlike Thursday's stream, Friday's steam was probably one of the best to date! Right up there with Cohh's.

While the community is super pumped to have 4 streams over the past 6 weeks; looking forward, my only feedback to VR would be (as this stage of development) to feature streamers who've had some "old school MMO experience" OR, spend some time prior the the stream for said streamer to practice a bit or get some orientation/tips from the dev's.  The whole point of these streams is to raise the #hype and #awareness for this amazing game.

cheers

PS Bonus exp for TheHiveLeader being a fellow EQ cleric and a Canuck. <3

edit: spelling

This post was edited by Heloisa at April 29, 2018 11:41 AM PDT
    • 523 posts
    April 30, 2018 10:51 AM PDT

This guy sucked pretty bad.  Just showed the learning curve needed from someone clearly coming from WoW or modern MMOs.  I think they should give out a questionaaire with the question, "Your healer keeps running out of mana, how should he/she adjust?"   If they answer to drink more water....they don't get to stream.