Forums » Pantheon Classes

Save Class Ideas

• 6 posts
    April 25, 2018 7:57 PM PDT

I hope VR doesn't come out with too many classes for the date of the launch.  They need to be saved for upcoming expansion packs.  People always want something to look forward to for expansions from my experiences.   It really should be a surprise to add to the value of buying the expansion.

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I wanted to make sure this is mentioned.  

• 633 posts
    April 25, 2018 8:11 PM PDT

They will likely introduce Necromancer some time after launch, and it has been alluded to that other classes may come later.

• 40 posts
    April 25, 2018 9:38 PM PDT

I believe they will want a well enough diverse group of player types and class styles so that there is a robust feeling of a living world.  Inevitably the variable classes and races will lend themselves better to certain pursuits with regard to harvesting, crafting, soloing, grouping etc.

• 15 posts
    April 26, 2018 3:44 AM PDT

theres still a Berserker , Beastlord type of class. a Bloodmage like Vanguard would be nice.

• 2886 posts
    April 26, 2018 4:51 AM PDT

The absolute most classes there could be at launch is 14. But it's likely to be more like 12-13. With the creativity of Brad and Joppa, there are countless other possibilities that could be added later. I don't think it's something to worry about. From the FAQ:

5.4 Are you open to the idea of additional classes post-launch, or do you feel that this results in later classes having a diminished role in the world/lore?

We are indeed open to adding them but only if done correctly and with care. If implemented poorly later classes can have diminished roles in the world and in lore. We are committed to not taking shortcuts, to doing things right, and we are tenacious enough to execute on these commitments.

• 2752 posts
    April 26, 2018 3:44 PM PDT

My fingers are crossed for seeing Berserker added. Hopefully as a real risk/reward or push your luck style class. From an older post of mine:

Fill them up with mechanics/abilities surrounding their current HP%, give them some attacks that also do damage to themselves (since they won't be tanking and you don't want them having to run "into the fire" in fights) or even some "cover-like" tank abilities to take all/part of a hit for someone here and there, add some life stealing attacks/self buffs, some damage & debuff shrugging abilities (iconic ability: a last stand type skill granting immunity to death for x seconds). A hard dps class/focus with a small secondary of soft CC like movement/attack/casting slows, disarms, blinds (POCKET SAND!), and interrupts.

• 945 posts
    May 22, 2018 10:10 AM PDT
    Since dragons are a big thing, I hope they eventually add a dragonlord instead of beastlord this time. The beastlord was a SHM hybrid, but the dragonlord could be an enchanter hybrid! Now I’m getting myself all excited Haha. And instead of the corny dragonkin maybe have something similar to the DnD dragonborn for a new race.
    • 14 posts
    May 22, 2018 5:56 PM PDT

Iksar said:

My fingers are crossed for seeing Berserker added. Hopefully as a real risk/reward or push your luck style class. From an older post of mine:

Fill them up with mechanics/abilities surrounding their current HP%, give them some attacks that also do damage to themselves (since they won't be tanking and you don't want them having to run "into the fire" in fights) or even some "cover-like" tank abilities to take all/part of a hit for someone here and there, add some life stealing attacks/self buffs, some damage & debuff shrugging abilities (iconic ability: a last stand type skill granting immunity to death for x seconds). A hard dps class/focus with a small secondary of soft CC like movement/attack/casting slows, disarms, blinds (POCKET SAND!), and interrupts.

I cannot wait for a Berserker style class and am intrigued by your take on it. I would love to see them as a class with a passive that makes them do more damage the lower their health is. Whether it be Increased attack speed, or increased damage, or even chance for crippling blows under a certain %. They should also have abilities that damage themselves so they can help regulate their own risk/reward playstyle. Wouldn't be any point if the tank always had aggro and Zerks never got a chance to get hurt and drop into a riskier state. I also agree they should have some soft CC that are melee/physical oriented. Short duration snares or slows, possibly a 0.0s stun to interrupt spells every so often.

Alas, it's still only a dream

• 16 posts
    June 16, 2018 2:43 AM PDT

Vanguards Blood Mage was absolutely a success, it had a very interesting playstyle and lore wise it could fit well with Pantheons Dire Lord but with the caster/healer flavour.

• 945 posts
    June 22, 2018 9:13 AM PDT
    It is looking as though the Paladin may be the “dragonlord” class I was referring to a few posts back of having a tank/cc class. I know I’m really reaching since we haven’t even reached alpha phase, but I am predicting that in the hands of a competent player, the paladin is going to be an incredibly well rounded class. (Tank+support/CC with improved dps vs undead). Yes please.
    • 363 posts
    July 9, 2018 11:06 PM PDT

I'm personally not worried how many classes there will be at launch or after it.  Please just make sure that all classes created fit within the quatrinity ( or whatever its called ) and that they all have something desired to fit within the group environment. Nothing worse than wanting to play a specific class and race only to find out its unneeded.

\o/ yay!