Forums » Pantheon Classes

Solo class?

• 2 posts
    April 20, 2018 1:47 PM PDT
    I don't remember seeing anything...but, any plans for a solo class like beastmaster from final fantasy XI? For people who didn't play 11 it was a class that could tame mobs and fight along with them for decent xp. I never played EQ1, was their an equivalent class in that game?
    • 4 posts
    April 20, 2018 2:30 PM PDT

Necromancer and Druid are first to come to mind as decent options from classic. Necro had the DoT/Poison combo with tank-class pets (you never forgot the spammed skeleton laugh audio if you ever played the game), and druid became probably the best late-game since you could "quad-kite" mobs with a combination of increased movement speed to corral up to 4 mobs into a slower-moving group and blast them with an AoE direct damage spell. Both classes blended perfectly into small groups or as partners with one other as well.

• 2752 posts
    April 20, 2018 6:30 PM PDT

No plans for any solo classes, but some classes will likely end up able to solo better than others. How effective soloing will end up overall only time will tell, but I suspect it won't be near as efficient as simply finding a group in most cases.

• 2 posts
    April 21, 2018 1:39 PM PDT
    Thanks for the input, I plan to group up like the old days. But, I was just curious about a solo class. Also, thanks for the info on EQ Kreaken.