Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Chat Room Lobby for when Server is Down?

• 44 posts
    April 19, 2018 5:23 PM PDT

Forgive me for potentially bringing up anything thats been mentioned several times. But, I feel it would be nice to have a common chat room to hang out in when for when the server goes down. With a GM so we can pester them. I remember those old chat times waiting and all the silliness....that was part of the old experience too I believe. 

-Chryos

• 2756 posts
    April 20, 2018 2:49 AM PDT

I had completely forgotten about that!  Yeah, that actually made the server downtimes interesting!  Good call.

• 248 posts
    April 20, 2018 3:05 AM PDT

I remember that!

Heaps of fun :D

-sorte.

• 72 posts
    April 20, 2018 5:45 AM PDT

LOL, the old chatroom was just a spam fest till you got booted. Was funny at times though.

• 769 posts
    April 20, 2018 10:12 AM PDT

All for this. Hopefully, it won't just be a lobby. Allow us to be in guild chat when the server is down, as well. Or simply keep zone-wide chat up, so that even when the server is down I can "LFG" in whatever zone I'm parked in, to get prepared for the re-opening. 

• 2138 posts
    April 20, 2018 6:23 PM PDT

This could be re-imagined, too. Instead of a chat room, maybe a test server with one barren continent and people come in as ghosts, all the other social mechanics remain like guild chat, shouts, with GM's present hopefully. 

• 162 posts
    April 23, 2018 5:42 PM PDT

Yeah, every single time the servers were down there was at least 100 of us in the chat pestering the guides and GM's. It was pretty entertaining and i think the GMs/guides enjoyed it too. I personally think it was good just because they would keep us updated on server progress and all that stuff at the same time. IT wasn't just a ingle post on the forum, they were there waiting with us and letting us know what ETA's were, and what not. Also during updates you could be in the chatroom, there was rarely a GM, but i ran into quite a few friends from that chatroom too.