Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Tracking Naughty and Nice

• 69 posts
    April 14, 2018 9:58 AM PDT
    It's important to have the ability to organize your interactions in community focused games. We have MMO standards like ignore features and friend lists, but what other features can be implemented to improve the player's control in this regard?

Not every positive interaction warrants a friend invite, nor does every negative interaction warrant an ignore. What I would like to see is something in-between. A simple way to flag individual players based upon my interactions with them - because it's not like I will be remembering faces or every name.

It could be something as simple as just colorizing their names, adding reddit-style flair, or anything in between. It doesn't need to be an actual list - but just a quick way to reference built into the game so I can in turn engage accordingly.

I'm sure VR has plenty on their plate, but a simple feature like that would go a long way to improving QoL.
    • 139 posts
    April 14, 2018 10:07 AM PDT

I imagine a "Inspect character -> add note." option. Colorized names overheader and in chat would be great. 

• 3016 posts
    April 14, 2018 10:42 AM PDT

An ability to put a notation beside the character name on your friend list or ignore list would be helpful.   Example Nosferatu (friend list)  good tank..Example Ikilljooface (ignore list) obnoxious troll.  :)

Eeps ignore that (deleted) took it from the Development forums.  lol  (accidents happen,  my bad)

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at April 14, 2018 8:49 PM PDT
    • 363 posts
    April 14, 2018 3:24 PM PDT

Can't follow the link...guess it's in the higher tiered pledge forums?

• 115 posts
    • 801 posts
    April 14, 2018 5:20 PM PDT

CanadinaXegony said:

An ability to put a notation beside the character name on your friend list or ignore list would be helpful.   Example Nosferatu (friend list)  good tank..Example Ikilljooface (ignore list) obnoxious troll.  :)

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3398/friends-ignore

Careful where you pull links out of, many of us where not able to get into those packages at the time.

I do fully agree with you, a notes area and SQL should be able to handle this. If the team has time its do able.

• 801 posts
    April 14, 2018 5:21 PM PDT

Bonechip said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PantheonMMO/comments/5zds6p/ui_request_contact_window/

Thats awesome buddy, happy Kilsin responded on it. I fully agree and support this. Need 50$ to do it? ill donate :)

• 2756 posts
    April 15, 2018 4:08 AM PDT

Bonechip said:

Would love to see something like this. This kind of social tool is *exactly* the kind of thing a modern MMORPG should be including.

I would like to see addition for reputation flags (like/dislike/love/hate) and amalgamation queries like getting (anonymised) information for how liked/disliked/loved/hated a player is...

• 801 posts
    April 15, 2018 5:29 AM PDT

disposalist said:

Bonechip said:

Would love to see something like this. This kind of social tool is *exactly* the kind of thing a modern MMORPG should be including.

I would like to see addition for reputation flags (like/dislike/love/hate) and amalgamation queries like getting (anonymised) information for how liked/disliked/loved/hated a player is...

Not just that great for tracking a player that maybe interested in joining your group, or guild in the future. Maybe took some time off and returning in the summer next year but would lose the persons info on paper... this works when you log in.

• 411 posts
    April 16, 2018 4:16 AM PDT

I would love to see something like what is suggested in the reddit thread.

What I would add to that though is the ability to share those lists google docs style. I might want to share my "enemies" list with a lowbie I've taken under my wing so they doesn't get duped by the same people as me, but I might not want to add editing priviledges. I think that kind of thing would be great! Guilds could have a shared "Enemies of The Covenant Guild" tab with only officers having editing priviledges.

The more you add the more it takes to implement though and I have no idea of the difficulty of various design tasks.

• 168 posts
    April 16, 2018 7:18 AM PDT

Crazzie said:

disposalist said:

Bonechip said:

Not just that great for tracking a player that maybe interested in joining your group, or guild in the future. Maybe took some time off and returning in the summer next year but would lose the persons info on paper... this works when you log in.

Now for the question; is there a way for the game to discern those on your good/bad list who have had their acct altered after making your list? I am refering to that mmo disease that we call ebay.