Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

New dungeon shown at PAX East??

• 9 posts
    April 7, 2018 12:59 PM PDT

During one of the last streams, there was mention of a new dungeon being shown at PAXEast.

I have spent a fair amount of time looking at the schedule, and any PRotF related sites and have yet to see any info on this.

Has anyone else?

Thanks.

• 2886 posts
    April 7, 2018 1:50 PM PDT

It's called Black Rose Keep. They'll be doing a proper reveal of the zone after PAX, but I also plan to appear on the Voices of Terminus show soon to go into more detail about my time actually personally playing in the zone as well.

• 9 posts
    April 7, 2018 4:11 PM PDT

Thanks Baz, much appreciated.

• 38 posts
    April 7, 2018 6:59 PM PDT

I'm in love with that location name. My character's name is going to be Katryn Rosemir. I wonder just who / what lives in Black Rose Keep? Has an interesting mix of classy and possibly creepy. Rogues? Necromancers? Some type of dark-deity-leaning cultists? Who knows! 

• 2886 posts
    April 7, 2018 7:15 PM PDT

katryn said:

I'm in love with that location name. My character's name is going to be Katryn Rosemir. I wonder just who / what lives in Black Rose Keep? Has an interesting mix of classy and possibly creepy. Rogues? Necromancers? Some type of dark-deity-leaning cultists? Who knows! 

Some background already available on them here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/lore/the_black_rose/

Although keep in mind that screenshot is not from BRK itself, and is instead from one of their old outposts in Avendyr's Pass.

• 62 posts
    April 7, 2018 9:08 PM PDT

The picture in that link looks like it might be Black Dagger Keep which we saw in June 2016 I believe.

• 1281 posts
    April 8, 2018 11:15 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Some background already available on them here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/lore/the_black_rose/

Although keep in mind that screenshot is not from BRK itself, and is instead from one of their old outposts in Avendyr's Pass.

"Old" outposts, was it removed or has that zone received a facelift? It's been like 2 years since we first saw it.

I'm also curious, do we know if any of the original art/zones that Vu (Sunken Sanctum) and Monty (High Brace) were working on in 2014 are going to reappear in the game? Seems like after the 2015 reboot those zones disappeared. I wasn't sure if it was when Tony left he took some Lore with him or that they just abandoned those zone ideas.

Thanks.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at April 8, 2018 11:16 AM PDT
    • 313 posts
    April 10, 2018 12:32 PM PDT

What was the dungeon in the two recent streams with Cohh and Jim Lee?  I assumed it was the same as the one at PAX, but good to know that we'll be getting a new one revealed soon.  

• 1479 posts
    April 10, 2018 12:48 PM PDT

zoltar said:

What was the dungeon in the two recent streams with Cohh and Jim Lee?  I assumed it was the same as the one at PAX, but good to know that we'll be getting a new one revealed soon.  

That was halnir's cave, the "first" dungeon in the low level range around Thronefast.

Pax was meant to present an other dungeon we haven't seen yet.

• 613 posts
    April 12, 2018 10:09 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

It's called Black Rose Keep. They'll be doing a proper reveal of the zone after PAX, but I also plan to appear on the Voices of Terminus show soon to go into more detail about my time actually personally playing in the zone as well.

Have you posted yours yet?  I have not seen you with game play.  

• 2886 posts
    April 13, 2018 9:43 AM PDT

Oxillion said:

Bazgrim said:

Have you posted yours yet?  I have not seen you with game play.  

I included some over-the-shoulder footage of my gameplay along with my first impressions in my latest vlog here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdr5oQ-_1-8 The sessions with devs were only about 15 mins though, we really only got a taste and saw probably about 10% of the whole zone.