Forums » News and Announcements

Your chance to win 1 of 5 $1k VIP pledges!

• 9115 posts
    April 5, 2018 5:13 PM PDT

VitaKorp3n said: Did I this last week on my only "other" email, since that was released early, do I moss out on an entry?

You can only enter into the competition via this page, so any other method will miss out my friend.

• 9115 posts
    April 5, 2018 5:14 PM PDT

Rolador said:

I tried to enter, but it downloaded an Outlook file and I use Gmail.  Anyone know a workaround for that?

You shouldn't be downloading anything, my friend, you just enter your email and click subscribe on that page to enter.

• 217 posts
    April 5, 2018 6:10 PM PDT

Done did the thing, to get the stuff.

Oh, I didnt see mention of (may have missed it) how long enrollment is open for the contest and when the winners would be chosen.  Kilsin?

This post was edited by vigilantee13 at April 5, 2018 6:22 PM PDT
    • 752 posts
    April 5, 2018 7:50 PM PDT
    In the contest rules read section 4 and 6 that should help
    • 186 posts
    April 6, 2018 11:44 AM PDT

@kilsin thank you for the response! I may create a new email then :)

This post was edited by VitaKorp3n at April 6, 2018 11:47 AM PDT
    • 248 posts
    April 6, 2018 1:39 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Unfortunately, as much as it sucks, we cannot guess at the legal requirements of other countries and we cannot risk doing something illegal, therefore we had to restrict it to US only residents.

Please next time you have a competition include all of us.
    I was very exited about this when announced. I told my friends all about it and that they should be ready to sign up, and then non of us could take part.

-sorte.

• 9115 posts
    April 6, 2018 5:51 PM PDT

Sorte said:

Kilsin said:

Unfortunately, as much as it sucks, we cannot guess at the legal requirements of other countries and we cannot risk doing something illegal, therefore we had to restrict it to US only residents.

Please next time you have a competition include all of us.
    I was very exited about this when announced. I told my friends all about it and that they should be ready to sign up, and then non of us could take part.

-sorte.

I will pass this onto the person who organised it but please understand, as much as it sucks, this probably won't be the last US-only based comp or deal as VR is a US based company and our largest audience is NA, it is much easier to host competitions and events to US without having to jump through a ton of legal hurdles.

That being said, we have and will continue to do things like giveaways and competitions for all of our community members but this was a PAX special event, which is US based.

• 38 posts
    April 6, 2018 7:56 PM PDT

I'm from Canada, so this one wasn't for me. But I did tell my boyfriend, my best friend, and several members of one of the gaming communities we are part of about it in case anyone wanted to give it a shot. 

• 255 posts
    April 7, 2018 4:13 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

I will pass this onto the person who organised it but please understand, as much as it sucks, this probably won't be the last US-only based comp or deal as VR is a US based company and our largest audience is NA, it is much easier to host competitions and events to US without having to jump through a ton of legal hurdles.

That being said, we have and will continue to do things like giveaways and competitions for all of our community members but this was a PAX special event, which is US based.

Since most here who would have entered are probably after the pre-alpha access, you could give away just that access to the game. Just like alot of sites give away free keys to Beta etc. No copies of the game. No other extra's. Therefore you are not giving away something of monetry value, just a limited time access. If the preson doesn't already have a pledge, they will be helping out and sampling the game to see if they like it and make up their mind to purchase it in the future when released.

Wouldn't that get around any legal issues.

I am sure you must have given some sort of access to friends/industry people for free.

This post was edited by Boulda at April 7, 2018 4:14 AM PDT
    • 5 posts
    April 7, 2018 11:45 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Rolador said:

I tried to enter, but it downloaded an Outlook file and I use Gmail.  Anyone know a workaround for that?

You shouldn't be downloading anything, my friend, you just enter your email and click subscribe on that page to enter.

So this file "Pantheon__Rise_of_the_Fallen_Newsletter.vcf" is nothing?  Looking it up shows it to be an Outlook file.  Not important for entering the contest?  Just want to be sure I am doing this right.

• 9115 posts
    April 7, 2018 5:19 PM PDT

Boulda said:

Kilsin said:

Since most here who would have entered are probably after the pre-alpha access, you could give away just that access to the game. Just like alot of sites give away free keys to Beta etc. No copies of the game. No other extra's. Therefore you are not giving away something of monetry value, just a limited time access. If the preson doesn't already have a pledge, they will be helping out and sampling the game to see if they like it and make up their mind to purchase it in the future when released.

Wouldn't that get around any legal issues.

I am sure you must have given some sort of access to friends/industry people for free.

No, unfortunately, we can't my friend, giving anything away fairly (competition/event etc) has legal requirements/restrictions if it has value.

• 9115 posts
    April 7, 2018 5:21 PM PDT

Rolador said:

Kilsin said:

Rolador said:

So this file "Pantheon__Rise_of_the_Fallen_Newsletter.vcf" is nothing?  Looking it up shows it to be an Outlook file.  Not important for entering the contest?  Just want to be sure I am doing this right.

As I said, my friend, just enter your email address in the field halfway down the page and click subscribe, then you are entered, you do not download anything.

• 255 posts
    April 7, 2018 8:24 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

No, unfortunately, we can't my friend, giving anything away fairly (competition/event etc) has legal requirements/restrictions if it has value.

That was my point. A limited time access to pre-alpha -> Beta doesn't have a value. You can say the value is in the other items on the pledge which are not included in the limited time access to play/test.

I guess there is many ways to look at the same thing.

Anyway good luck to those who qualify. Keep up the good work and the promoting of the game.

• 5 posts
    April 8, 2018 12:57 AM PDT

Boulda said:

Kilsin said:

That was my point. A limited time access to pre-alpha -> Beta doesn't have a value. You can say the value is in the other items on the pledge which are not included in the limited time access to play/test.

I guess there is many ways to look at the same thing.

Anyway good luck to those who qualify. Keep up the good work and the promoting of the game.

Access to play the game at any point holds intrinsic value (It has to for subscription based models to work,) you might value it differently than others, even below the threshhold of willingness to pay anything at all, but in a legal sense the two aren't seperable. You can look at it a few different ways, but the law is pretty consistent in looking at it the way I've suggested.

Which kinda sucks :(

• 363 posts
    July 26, 2018 7:22 PM PDT

DOH...just saw the date.

This post was edited by Willeg at July 26, 2018 7:39 PM PDT