Forums » Fan Creations

Choosing the right guild for you

• 28 posts
    March 30, 2018 4:48 PM PDT

hey guys a short video on how i chose my guild in pantheon hope you like it. hers the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Xa9WRobtw

• 557 posts
    March 30, 2018 5:03 PM PDT

Nice job, Azzraus.  You made some solid points.  I particularly liked that you didn't turn it into a recruiting video for any one guild.

• 28 posts
    March 30, 2018 6:37 PM PDT

Thanks Celandor gald you liked it.

• 257 posts
    March 31, 2018 6:09 AM PDT

Good video. One other thing I do is to get to know the guild members before applying. Group with them and get chatty. Do some dungeons with them, or on a rare occasion, they might ask you to fill a vacant raid slot. By then you should have a good idea if they are a good fit for you. I don't see the rush to get a guild tag, so I take my time.

• 28 posts
    March 31, 2018 8:36 AM PDT

Retsof said:

Good video. One other thing I do is to get to know the guild members before applying. Group with them and get chatty. Do some dungeons with them, or on a rare occasion, they might ask you to fill a vacant raid slot. By then you should have a good idea if they are a good fit for you. I don't see the rush to get a guild tag, so I take my time.

yeah i did that aswell, thats a good point. There is no rush. Take the time and do alittle digging. Finding the right Guild will enhance your gaming experience.

• 780 posts
    May 18, 2018 9:13 AM PDT

Nice video Azzraus.  I agree with Retsof’s amendment.  Take the time to chat with some of the members of the prospective guild (or better yet, play with them...even if it’s a different game).  Don’t be fooled by shallow forum guilds that don’t go any deeper than chat and message boards.

• 190 posts
    June 21, 2018 2:31 PM PDT

Retsof said:

I agree. Any guild that takes the time to play with you and get to know you in the field is showing that they value your existance as more than just another name/number on the roster.

• 12 posts
    July 10, 2018 5:48 PM PDT

Agreed! Very good points here.

• 154 posts
    July 13, 2018 6:24 PM PDT

I agree with most of what you listed in your video.

I would add the name of the guild as well. I could not join a guild that has a ridiculous name. It would bother me even if I would not be playing on a RP server. Perhaps other people care about the name/logo of the guild?

Also, the leadership is quite important. If the guild is half dead, it is very unlikely that a new member could help much. Guilds tend to be successfuly if lead/carry not by 1 person, but more by a core group of dedicated members. To finish, I would also say that the dynamic of integrating new members is quite important. Some guilds are great at it, while others suck at it. If a guild is unable to integrate new members, it usually means that the guild will die or implode sooner or later. A healthy source of new recruit is quite important!