Forums » News and Announcements

A second stream, no way...could it be?

• 1 posts
    March 20, 2018 3:12 PM PDT

DOH, just noticed it is 8PST and I'm on EST and wake up for work at 5am. Won't be catching this live :(

• 1281 posts
    March 20, 2018 3:55 PM PDT

Jim has this listed on his site starting 30 minutes later than VR is listing it. Oh well I'd rather be 30 minutes early than 30 minutes late.

Until then enjoy Bob Ross!

This post was edited by bigdogchris at March 20, 2018 3:58 PM PDT
    • 8 posts
    March 20, 2018 7:46 PM PDT

Lets build a happy little cloud.
    Lets build some happy little trees

• 1399 posts
    March 20, 2018 7:58 PM PDT

Sheep said:

Lets build a happy little cloud.
    Lets build some happy little trees

Why doesn't this forum have a [like] button?

• 3016 posts
    March 20, 2018 11:13 PM PDT

It was a lonnng stream  good thing,  I forgot to log in til almost 10 pm...it just ended a few minutes ago. Very enjoyable!!

• 248 posts
    March 21, 2018 2:35 AM PDT

Did not find this stream on Pantheons Youtube, does anyone know where I can find it?
    Was not able to see it live :(

-sorte.

• 839 posts
    March 21, 2018 2:44 AM PDT
    Yeah, hoping there is a replay up soon, just saw a tiny bit at the end and looked awesome!
    • 67 posts
    March 21, 2018 2:50 AM PDT

You can find the stream on Jimlees Twitch-Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/241089274

• 839 posts
    March 21, 2018 2:52 AM PDT

Zazazuu said:

You can find the stream on Jimlees Twitch-Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/241089274

Cheers dude, just stumbled on it as a replay right when you posted! 

• 248 posts
    March 21, 2018 3:12 AM PDT

Zazazuu said:

Thank you very much :D

-sorte.

• 51 posts
    March 21, 2018 3:14 AM PDT

That was a great stream. Had a really bad start (late, tons of bugs in the first 20 mins), but it finished with a bang, doing that raid boss at the end. 

I like Cohh as a streamer, but you could tell that Jim Lee was getting addicted to the game, and his enthusiasm rubbed off in his presentation. It was getting late, and Lee wouldn't stop playing..lol

One of the longer streams I've seen in awhile, and enjoyed every min of it. 

• 1479 posts
    March 21, 2018 4:18 AM PDT

That piano atmosphere. That was great.

Loved the surprise, even if the boss fell with not much coordination.

• 249 posts
    March 21, 2018 5:49 AM PDT
    There were 2 groups at the boss fight. That's why it looked easy. Stream started rough but it got good quick! Really representative of a regular group grinding for exp...minus the dev hacks at times hehe. Looked good! Noticed quite a few people in Jim's chat that hadn't heard of it and quickly got excited about it. Lots of EQ nostalgia in the chat as well. Keep doing what you're doing!
    • 248 posts
    March 21, 2018 6:40 AM PDT

Done watching the stream, it was a lot of fun.

Especially Aradune going solo xD

One thing I did not like was the twitch chat overlay (hope that's the right term for it), it was really disturbing. I keept getting distracted by it and stopped listning to what was being said. I ended up taping a piece of paper on my screen to block it.

Besides that it was really enjoyable.

-sorte.

• 483 posts
    March 21, 2018 7:13 AM PDT

Loved the stream, Jim seems like a really nice guy and looked to be enjoying the hell out of the game.

There was only one thing that I really disliked about the boss fight, when the boss used his "blue fire" AoE spell, the AoE indicator/telegraph (aka the blue circle that limits where the AoE effect deals dmg) was too clean and felt out of place when compared to the rest of the encounter/world. It shouldn't be a pinpoint exact representation of where the flames are, and it shouldn't be a clear "perfect circled line telegraph". Instead it should be a like a fire aura around the boss, instead of having a blue circle limiting it, remove the circle and make the blue fire effect more intense so you can see where it starts and where it ends, and make the flames a bit more "wild" so it's not and exact perfect circle.

• 85 posts
    March 21, 2018 11:01 AM PDT

I really enjoyed the stream guys. Looking forward to getting my hands on and testing out your combat system. From what I can see, it looks like a great foundation. Keep up the great work.

• 52 posts
    March 21, 2018 11:04 AM PDT

Thank you for posting a link to the stream last night. Looking forward to watching it after work today!  Still on a high from Sunday's stream with Cohh.  <3

• 4 posts
    March 21, 2018 2:20 PM PDT

Loved the stream!! Wish I could fast forward to the finished product. Please keep the streams coming!!

• 523 posts
    March 21, 2018 2:47 PM PDT

Stream was good.  I hope you guys paid attention when Jim started reminiscing about how much he enjoyed camping named mobs.  There's a lot of people that liked being able to be constructive in game and working towards a goal, while being able to study, work, do household stuff, etc... in between spawns.  That was a key aspect to the charm of EQ.  Not everything in the game needs to have spawn timers and rare named with ultra rare loot drops, but it would be a massive mistake to believe people don't LOVE that aspect of EQ.

Brad's response of (paraphrasing here) "Oh, yeah, we are NOT going to do that" is very frustrating and disheartening.  Even Jim was trying to explain that he loved that aspect of EQ and camping in Lower Guk specifically.  

• 27 posts
    March 21, 2018 5:41 PM PDT

Listening to that final boss fight was amazing.  I love how the sounds of the spell effects didn't drown out the sounds from the encounter and background music.  It was really eerie and made me more excited to try it myself!

Also uh... when is that character select music going up on the Soundcloud channel? I want to listen to that on loop.

• 221 posts
    March 21, 2018 7:22 PM PDT

chobo said:

Listening to that final boss fight was amazing.  I love how the sounds of the spell effects didn't drown out the sounds from the encounter and background music.  It was really eerie and made me more excited to try it myself!

Also uh... when is that character select music going up on the Soundcloud channel? I want to listen to that on loop.

Have no fear, I think Brad was more meaning in general terms on all items.   There are already camps in our game like the example Jim used and there will be plenty more.  I think what Brad was trying to get out is there will be other means to obtain powerful items outside of long camps.  

• 201 posts
    March 21, 2018 8:05 PM PDT

Ooh man I loved that boss fight music!!! So eerie, the darkness, the malice, all mixed into the music; it played so well into making the fight.
    Even the music transitioning from the hall way to just past the initial doorway was pretty good too! It went from ~musical tune~"Im on a dungeon crawling adventure!"to an eerieness music that I cannot even explain.
    Glad to hear a reveal about a new dungeon, but sad we didn't see more of the Arachnid spider boss but there is always next time right?
    But well done everyone at Visionary Realms, can most definitely see the progress between streams.

EDIT: There was supposed to be "Musical notes" near the adventure singing but it didn't work and well had to pretty much rewrite everything.
    Also is there a way we can listen to the sound-tracks on the sound cloud or something. I enjoy music especially when I am at work. (I might even be able to hook some co-workers into checking out the game just from the music)

This post was edited by Tootiredtocare at March 21, 2018 8:16 PM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    March 22, 2018 3:25 AM PDT

LeonSanborn said:
    Also is there a way we can listen to the sound-tracks on the sound cloud or something. I enjoy music especially when I am at work. (I might even be able to hook some co-workers into checking out the game just from the music)

Some of the in-game music is available here: http://www.pantheonmmo.com/media/audio/

Of course that's just a taste as we will have to discover the rest of it in Terminus, but they've definitely got some great tracks available to listen to whenever you want :)

This post was edited by Bazgrim at March 22, 2018 3:26 AM PDT
    • 523 posts
    March 22, 2018 10:38 PM PDT

Convo said:

chobo said:

Have no fear, I think Brad was more meaning in general terms on all items.   There are already camps in our game like the example Jim used and there will be plenty more.  I think what Brad was trying to get out is there will be other means to obtain powerful items outside of long camps.  

I assume this was directed at my concern and you just quoted the wrong person.  I appreciate the response Convo, and I am absolutely thrilled to hear that answer.  I, like Jim, obviously love the long waits inbetween respawns at camps where you can kind of just set up shop and BS the night away hoping for an amazing treasure.  Definitely don't want to have to be crawling and paying attention for every single second of game play.  Anyway, thanks again for the response.  

• 116 posts
    March 23, 2018 10:54 AM PDT

Totally loved the wipe fest near the tail end of the stream.  Brought back tons of memories (good and bad ones).  That Ultiran Blaspheme really hit like a truck.  Was awesome to watch a truly challenging encounter.

Totally pumped about Alpha.  I almost cried when they mentioned a pre-alpha phase 3 during one of the streams.  NO! NO!  Alpha peeps next!