Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Sea of Thieves

• 2752 posts
    March 15, 2018 11:42 AM PDT

Anyone going to be picking up Sea of Thieves this coming week? I didn't know anything about it until this past weekend when some friends got me to download the final beta stress test. I had my doubts when I first looked up the game but I ended up having an absolute blast playing as a coordinated crew hunting other player's ships all while getting drunk on grog and playing sea shantys (in-game). 

The lowdown on the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBJUG-Xrh_g

And from Wikipedia:

"Sea of Thieves is a pirate-themed action-adventure cooperative multiplayer game played from a first-person perspective. The game features cross-platform play between Windows-based personal computers and Xbox One video game consoles. A group of players travel and explore an open world via a pirate ship and assume different roles such as steering, hoisting sails, navigation, firing cannons and other tasks. Players will embark on quests, collect loot and engage in combat with other players. Sea of Thieves is a shared game world, which means groups of players will encounter each other regularly throughout their adventures. The game has a cartoonish art style and an exaggerated physics engine that allow players to perform stunts, like being shot out of ship cannons."

• 2 posts
    March 16, 2018 6:13 AM PDT

I'm in the same boat as you (badumsh). Excited for it!

This post was edited by Budkai at March 16, 2018 6:16 AM PDT
    • 2752 posts
    March 16, 2018 11:03 AM PDT

Iksarian on Microsoft/Xbox, feel free to add