Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

OMG - be still my beating heart

• 62 posts
    March 12, 2018 2:42 PM PDT

As some of you know, I first HEARD about this game, roughly 4 weeks ago.

And I have been obsessed with it ever since!

Each morning when I get up and sip at my first coffee for the day, I log into Pantheon Radio, start listening, check out the schedule - send links to my google calendar for the day/week as reminders to start to listen to the pod/vid casts.

Then I trawl through the forums, learning all that I can. Today I found the MUSIC of the GAME! Gorgeous, and also reading the convo's about "Epic Characters or Epic Gear", info about what the MYR are up to (going to play a Myr Cleric). Saying "hi & welcome" to other fellow escapees of mundane MMO's who've also just discovered this potential of this game. Extolling the virtues of "Pantheon Radio". Rocking through the theory crafting in the "MMO Design Theory" forum ...

Dammit - where does time go by, time to go to work :(

Dearest Pantheon, you cannot start soon enough!

• 3016 posts
    March 13, 2018 10:43 AM PDT

Good thing you haven't been waiting since 2014, like some of us lol   Hail and Welcome Koala :)

• 2756 posts
    March 13, 2018 2:09 PM PDT

Since I left EQ the feelings began. Dabbled with Dark Age of Camelot, exulted with Everquest 2, was wooed by World of Warcraft, giggled at Guild Wars, delved into Dungeons and Dragon Online, lured by Lord of the Rings Online, Agog at Age of Conan and Aion, wandered into Warhammer Online, chose Champions Online, strived in Star Trek Online, riffed with Rift, stayed a while with Star Wars: The Old Republic, had a go with Guild Wars 2, secreted myself in The Secret World, Got even older in The Elder Scrolls Online, gave Wildstar a whirl...

I even had a poke at Project 1999 recently and going back to Everquest was awesome, though I quickly 'reached a plateau' I didn't want to play on.

Basically, since the early 2000s I've wanted 'the real' Everquest 2 and I really get the feeling Pantheon will be it!

Couldn't be more excited!

• 62 posts
    March 13, 2018 3:25 PM PDT

2014! Canadina - how did you stand it? I went back to wow for a few hours last weekend (haven't played much since Nov'17 - I'm into charity stuff and old guild was doin the ExtraLife) and it was the same old, even though a patch had come in ... I started clearing my garrison, yes I know [sad life]. I've been basically MMO'less for the past 6 months and I was desparate. But after an hour or so, I just couldn't stand it.

Disposalist, looks like you might've found a home here with us and welcome!

• 3016 posts
    March 13, 2018 3:27 PM PDT

Koala said:

2014! Canadina - how did you stand it? I went back to wow for a few hours last weekend (haven't played much since Nov'17 - I'm into charity stuff and old guild was doin the ExtraLife) and it was the same old, even though a patch had come in ... I started clearing my garrison, yes I know [sad life]. I've been basically MMO'less for the past 6 months and I was desparate. But after an hour or so, I just couldn't stand it.

Disposalist, looks like you might've found a home here with us and welcome!

I have LOTS of patience, plus participating in the forums and on Discord chat helped some over the last years. :)   I do keep busy in real life too,   as for the games out there,  have tried a few,  most send me to sleep.  lol    Looking for good old fashioned, challenge, community and no hand holding. :)

Cana