Forums » Website Support

UI suggestion.

• 67 posts
    February 22, 2018 8:51 AM PST

In the 'Notifications' section, if we are notified about a post we are given three links. The first leads the player page of the poster, the second leads to the first page of the thread the post was made on, and the third leads to the forum section that the thread was posted in.

I understand why the UI wouldn't easily support giving the name of the forum topic posted in, there's space issues. What I don't understand is why there isn't a way to go directly to the post that was created. The forum already has a post ID system that allows the creation of links to specific posts, why is this not used in the Notification system so you don't have to manually scroll to the end of the thread the second link brings you to? This would be particularly important if there has been multiple responses since the last time you checked.

It's a small thing, but from what little I know about website creation this shouldn't be a complicated fix. Almost every forum I've seen in the last five years that has notifications at all implements something similar to this. You could even make the link be the little speech bubble to the left of the notification to not change anything about the UI layout. This will be an important ease-of-use feature when the game comes closer to release and these forums become a lot busier!

• 3687 posts
    February 22, 2018 9:49 AM PST

We will be moving to an all-new forum setup before too long, with a much better built-in notification system :) There's too many issues with these forums to fix them all individually, so they're just gonna overhaul the whole thing. It's been in the works for a while and it should be coming Soon.