Forums » Pantheon Classes

Detailed Race/Class Combination List (Sticky?)

• 88 posts
    February 15, 2018 11:24 PM PST

Originally appearing on MassivelyOP -- http://massivelyop.com/2017/02/03/pantheon-details-its-raceclass-combinations/

This list is of course subject to change as the game is still in Pre-Alpha as of 2/16/2018.

• 626 posts
    February 16, 2018 12:03 AM PST

Hi Haseno - Seeing the sticky comment makes me think you weren't aware this image was taken from the Pantheon Website first before posted on MassivelyOP. So just wanted to let you know it can also be found on the Class section of the Pantheon Site and most likely shouldn't need to be stickied. 

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/classes/cleric/

Thank you, and hope this helps!

Also see this post for most information on the Class/Race Chart. 

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5228/pantheon-class-and-race-combinations

This post was edited by Reignborn at February 16, 2018 12:06 AM PST
    • 88 posts
    February 16, 2018 10:51 AM PST
    I have clicked the class page a million times and never seen it
    • 88 posts
    February 16, 2018 10:52 AM PST
    It being hidden under the cleric is probably why lol.
    • 557 posts
    February 16, 2018 11:26 AM PST

Ya, it's tucked away.  I think its' only linked on pages where they've filled out significant class detail.

• 1860 posts
    February 16, 2018 12:46 PM PST

Haseno said: It being hidden under the cleric is probably why lol.

It's not hidden under Cleric.  Every class that has been revealed (that you can click to learn more) takes you to it, as well as every race. 

Anyone who takes the time to go through the races will see it.

Haseno, do you not get the monthly newsletters?  You were a member when this was released...

Edit: Oh I see why, prior to 2 days ago your last post was 2015.  I'm sure you will find a ton of info you will want to catch up on.

This post was edited by philo at February 16, 2018 12:55 PM PST
    • 2886 posts
    February 16, 2018 3:05 PM PST

philo said:

Edit: Oh I see why, prior to 2 days ago your last post was 2015.  I'm sure you will find a ton of info you will want to catch up on.

Aye, the FAQ is always good to brush up on - the race/class matrix is there as well: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/

• 88 posts
    February 16, 2018 4:06 PM PST
    It's just possible to miss these things. Ive always had my own habit of relying on forums for acquiring information. In the history if mmorpgs ive never really used newsletters. If i dont find it on the forums, youtube, the main website, or by word of mouth i doubt im aware of its existence.

Regardless, something like this Race/Class Combination list would be suitable for a sticky.
    • 34 posts
    January 17, 2022 3:58 PM PST
    Elf cleric. Because why would they not have it.
    • 2752 posts
    January 18, 2022 11:56 AM PST

Why would they have it? Seems the more out of place option for a nature-centric race to have notably more rigid religious orders of cleric than having their gods embrace/teach priests as druid or shaman. 

• 392 posts
    January 19, 2022 8:38 AM PST

As someone who played an Elf Cleric in the past its not really needed here as they already have access to the other two healing roles of Druid and Shaman.

• 1860 posts
    January 19, 2022 3:27 PM PST

Gintoki88 said:

As someone who played an Elf Cleric in the past its not really needed here as they already have access to the other two healing roles of Druid and Shaman.

I don't believe the thought process was about elves per say as much as it was about potential areas to increase the amount of clerics.  Cleric has always been a primary class.  There are only 3 out of 9 races that have access to cleric.  I can understand people wanting 1 or 2 more options.

Of the remaining races, what would fit best as a cleric in your opinion?

• 392 posts
    January 19, 2022 4:03 PM PST

Cant say I have a good answer for that.

Archai are in the same boat as Druid and Shaman are already covered.

Halflings only have Druids but the pious priest type doesnt really fit their lore.

Same with Gnomes they seem to be more science > faith.

Orges are covered as well.

Skar lol.

If we really needed one more either elf or halfling just for that classic DnD feel.

• 1860 posts
    January 19, 2022 6:54 PM PST

Ya, that was my thought as well.  Elf or halfling...or archai.

• 945 posts
    January 22, 2022 4:02 PM PST

Iksar said:

Why would they have it? Seems the more out of place option for a nature-centric race to have notably more rigid religious orders of cleric than having their gods embrace/teach priests as druid or shaman. 

Do the wizard, enchanter and summoner seem more "nature-centric" or less ritual/strict practices reliant than the cleric?

The good and evil, nature vs nurture or too stupid/small arguments for most of the race/class combinations are irrelevant because they can be argued in any direction using the same logic.  Their race/class matrix is based on loose opinions of what the devs wanted the "classes" to appear or feel like in the world- the currently known matrix is not only being revised (per Joppa's message like 2 years ago), it was also created BEFORE some of the lore was completed.

This post was edited by Darch at January 22, 2022 4:12 PM PST
    • 520 posts
    February 5, 2022 4:17 AM PST

Either Archai Summoner or Gnome Monk