Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

High difficulty duneons/raids zones questions

• 30 posts
    February 8, 2018 11:04 AM PST

It is probably somewhere in here, but anyways here are my dunegon and raid zone specific questions:

1) Underwater dungeon and raid zones:  Zones completely submerged in water that requires one dedicated buff slot to enduring breath or gear with the effect. 

2)  Air dungeons and raid zones: zones up above the sky that rewuires users to have Levitation buff to get from one very tight spot to the next, with very limited room, and without Levitation on you will fall and die.

3)  Lava dungeons and raid zones: zones that requires you to travel through tunnels coveren in living magma, like inside a volcanoe, which rewuires enduring breat, levitation when possible to walk over, high Fire resistance, and having constant group Helas over time being performed.

4) Tier dungeons and raid zones:  areas that require flaggin, keys, and special gearing to be able to access or adavnece progressivley 

I'm hoping to get the answer of yeahm heck yeah, and hell yeah, and F-yeah.  IF that is the case, will hunting in those dungeons/raid zones will also offer an exp bonus modifier or perhaps better chances of loot? 

Will love to hear back from you guys

PS.  Still yet to see a druid video, OMG.  OMG!

• 633 posts
    • 3237 posts
    February 8, 2018 10:50 PM PST

Would love to hear your thoughts on how this dungeon concept (Gauntlet of Diffusion) measures up to your 4'th example:  https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4986/ideas/view/page/4

• 30 posts
    • 633 posts
    February 12, 2018 3:27 PM PST

Sorry, I was under the impression you wanted feedback on those statements you made, since you said "will love to hear back from you guys".  I was posting threads where people have already given feedback on those exact topics.  If you're expecting a definitive answer from the developers, you'll likely not get one until they see how things go in alpha and pre-alpha and they get feedback from those in those stages of development.

I would love to hear those answers as well, to be honest, but I doubt very seriously they are available.  :)

• 2752 posts
    February 12, 2018 4:39 PM PST

All we know is that there will indeed be underwater zones. 

• 2886 posts
    February 12, 2018 4:50 PM PST

I'm not a dev, but I can tell you what we as a community know:

1. Syronai's Rest is an underwater zone, although it is the Dark Myr's home city, not a raid zone. Keep in mind navigating underwater may be more involved than you are used to - not necessarily as simple as just having Enduring Breath. Will likely have to acclimate to Anaerobic and/or Pressure climates as well. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see other underwater adventuring zone as well.

2. Not sure what you mean exactly by "air zone." But we've seen Amberfaet in the streams and it certainly is an extremely vertical zone. There are a lot of ramps and jumps. And if you miss a jump, it means almost certain death. Levitation may not even help you. Amberfaet also happens to be a raid zone. 

3. Nothing for certain yet, but I'd bet money on it as that's pretty much an industry standard. Basically every MMO has a volcanic zone. Just my personal opinion. Looking at the map (while not 100% filled in), we see that the Vae Wood looks like it could have some lava in it and there is also a volcano north of the Valley of the Watchmen.

4. We haven't heard anything for sure about this and I don't expect to for quite some time.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at February 12, 2018 4:52 PM PST
    • 30 posts
    February 13, 2018 6:27 AM PST

Cool thanks.  I just wanted a confirmation.  I loved that complexity in EQ1, but it was going away little by little.  For example Tera was very flat terrain and all felt the same with a different look, then Archage was just a repeat even thou they gave the options to climb trees, yet it served no purpose.  I do miss old Kedge and Plane of Water, I will like to see it return in a new and improved form.  I do like the tiering and people advancing by being challenged, and they will have a reward that sets them appart from the rest.  I hope that those things that EQ1 had, that are now long forgotten, will return. 

• 2752 posts
    February 13, 2018 9:43 AM PST

I'd say with the climate system they will likely have all kinds of very different and interesting environments to explore. With six acclimation environments (Frigid, Scorching, Toxic, Pressure, Windshear, Anaerobic) they can get VERY creative, combination environments might look/feel like something really amazing...I hope they do anyway.