Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

pantheon swag

• 16 posts
    January 22, 2018 10:48 PM PST

Is there any plans to ever run a store for pantheon merchandise think t-shirts, hoodies, mouse pads ect?

Would love to support more and actuly having somthing to show for it. plus its free advertisement!

• 67 posts
    January 23, 2018 12:11 AM PST

For your information. There is a similar thread: http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2671/pantheon-merchandise

• 16 posts
    January 23, 2018 12:32 AM PST

ty for the reply. so many threads on these forums to sift threw it all

• 9115 posts
    January 23, 2018 2:26 AM PST

azmodeus said:

ty for the reply. so many threads on these forums to sift threw it all

Just type "Swag" into the search function, my friend, you get 2 results, your post and one identical one that has an official reply from me ;)

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/search?query=Swag&type=forum_topic&submit=

• 16 posts
    January 23, 2018 3:02 AM PST

you can delete this thread if you like as the question has been answerd and i see no point in multi post.

• 1095 posts
    January 23, 2018 9:54 AM PST

@Kilsin, https://merch.amazon.com/landing, yall could get in I'm sure

• 557 posts
    January 23, 2018 9:57 AM PST

Would be nice to know if there have been any new thoughts on the swag question.   Kilsin's responses in the threads linked above are all two years old.

I get that buying swag from a supplier and distributing it in-house is a real pain and up-front expense.   How about just doing something with an online swag outfit like CafePress?  You wouldn't make a ton of cash, but you'd be getting a lot of essentially free buzz generated by the community.

I'm still waiting for my first Pantheon t-shirt.

• 1860 posts
    January 23, 2018 11:00 AM PST

I'm sure they don't want to deal with this. Its a small team. The profit margins after shipping and labor are probably to narrow. 

This post was edited by philo at January 23, 2018 11:17 AM PST
    • 3237 posts
    January 23, 2018 11:22 AM PST

It's not too difficult to set up an e-commerce store that is basically 100% auto pilot.  The profit margin wouldn't be as big but that's the cost of having things automated.  I have used customink.com in the past (when the Cavs won the Championship) and have experience setting up an e-commerce store that doesn't require much more effort than setting up the merchandise that you want to be available.  The shipping, payments, etc are all handled from the retailer.  Basically you would get a commission for every sale ... again, not the greatest profit margin but as others have suggested your fanbase would have the ability to purchase some swag and it could help with added exposure and a little bump to the bottom line.  It's basically a "set it and forget it" type of system.  You just need to supply the artwork that would be featured on the merchandise and get the word out.

This post was edited by oneADseven at January 23, 2018 11:23 AM PST
    • 1095 posts
    January 23, 2018 11:25 AM PST

philo said:

I'm sure they don't want to deal with this. Its a small team. The profit margins after shipping and labor are probably to narrow. 

Why I linked amazon, its print on demand and shipping, You just upload the shirt design. Kinda liek the kindle program, You upload the book manuscript and its print on demand for books.

This post was edited by Aich at January 23, 2018 11:25 AM PST
    • 1860 posts
    January 23, 2018 1:44 PM PST

If they can make it work for no labor/overhead great.  I'd buy a shirt.  I've never used one of those print on demand services as a seller.  You send them a design and then it is just direct deposit? Nothing to ever do again ever? I'm always reluctant to propose any idea that isn't the primary of focus of getting the game out the door...but maybe that could work? 

Seems like more of a fan service kind of thing compared to simply advertising on the internet but thats ok.  I enjoy being serviced ;) 

How concerned would you guys be about copyright infringement with this type of thing ?  I know it runs rampant with the Star Wars license.  Even one instance of trying to correct an infringement issue could make it all not worth the time.

• 120 posts
    January 23, 2018 1:49 PM PST

Sign me up for a t-shirt.

• 1095 posts
    January 23, 2018 2:50 PM PST

philo said:

If they can make it work for no labor/overhead great.  I'd buy a shirt.  I've never used one of those print on demand services as a seller.  You send them a design and then it is just direct deposit? Nothing to ever do again ever? I'm always reluctant to propose any idea that isn't the primary of focus of getting the game out the door...but maybe that could work? 

Seems like more of a fan service kind of thing compared to simply advertising on the internet but thats ok.  I enjoy being serviced ;) 

How concerned would you guys be about copyright infringement with this type of thing ?  I know it runs rampant with the Star Wars license.  Even one instance of trying to correct an infringement issue could make it all not worth the time.

I assume it works like the kdp books stuff. I personally have a book on amazon and I can order a print version and its print on demand and direct deposit profits. I even did a copyright with the govt, so they coudl do that as well if they wanted fr the image.

This post was edited by Aich at January 23, 2018 2:51 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    January 23, 2018 3:06 PM PST

philo said:

Very narrow and on the scale that we would need to do it on it is more work than people understand to set up, run and manage. So while we still want to do something like this for our community it isn't a priority right now while we focus on the game's development and testing.

• 1281 posts
    January 23, 2018 3:18 PM PST

Kilsin said:

philo said:

Very narrow and on the scale that we would need to do it on it is more work than people understand to set up, run and manage. So while we still want to do something like this for our community it isn't a priority right now while we focus on the game's development and testing.

I know how thin it is.  The motorcycle group I am co-founder ha some fund raiser stuff that we sell.