Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Forum Search feature needs fixing

• 6 posts
    January 20, 2018 5:11 PM PST

Has anyone tried to use the forum search feature? I can not get it to work the way I want. I have tried to search for posts that i know conain certain words & even search for titles but all I get are "can't find posts"

It's kinda annoying not being able to. I am trying to find people who are recuiting but I want to see what servers people previously played on in EQ.

• 633 posts
    January 20, 2018 7:05 PM PST

I use Google.  For example, if I want to find all pages that contain the words "Combat" and "Tissues" I would type this in the Google search box:

site:www.pantheonmmo.com combat tissues

• 6 posts
    January 20, 2018 7:14 PM PST

@Kelenin, Thanks for the info, But It really needs to be fixed so that work around isn't needed.

• 557 posts
    January 21, 2018 8:29 AM PST

Heya, Kaynin.

Current Pantheon forums are temporary.  VR plan to move us to new forum software "real soon now".

• 9115 posts
    January 21, 2018 3:00 PM PST

The current SE forums are not the best, we understand that and are working on a better forum solution currently but int he meantime, the search function, while limited to one page and looking fairly basic is actually quite powerful and easy to use.

It can be found here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums

And
    as long as the search word or phrase is more than 4 letters you can search for anything on the site without issue. I have been using it to find double, triple threads etc. for over 3 years without any trouble. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that other search functions have but it still works just fine :)

Make sure the drop down box has the correct category select and if in doubt, select "all" and make your way through the options that show up for you.

• 2886 posts
    January 22, 2018 3:34 AM PST

I have a love/hate relationship with it. As others have said, the forum search function has its quirks for sure. But once you learn what those quirks are and how to work around them, it gets the job done. Either way, they've known about it for a long time and the whole forums will be replaced soon for the better, so there's no point in fixing just the search function right now.