Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Just a little spell question

• 87 posts
    January 20, 2018 8:00 AM PST

Hi i saw that you can give a noob a high end weapon or gear but it scaled so it was very mutch usless attleast in the begining.

Now will spells be the same ?? like fizzle 95% of the time or just dont work or perhaps will they work poorly and scale that the newbies super gear (or not so super).

• 3852 posts
    January 20, 2018 8:04 AM PST

You don't know how twinking low levels will work because nobody knows not even the developers. Things like that are still far from being finalized. You will see posts on the forums about how people *think* it should work or *want* it to work but that is not the same thing at all. 

If ignorence is bliss this is a topic that we are all quite happy about.

This post was edited by dorotea at January 20, 2018 8:04 AM PST
    • 557 posts
    January 20, 2018 3:08 PM PST

Spells specifically were not an issue in EQ or Vanguard.  You couldn't memorize a spell that was too complex for your level.

Where casters got twinked was their mana pool.  Manastones, high WIS/INT items and the like could give casters god-like powers.

• 1860 posts
    January 20, 2018 3:27 PM PST

I expect it to be the same...that you can't even cast a spell if it is a higher lvl, but I had never thought of an alternative.  That is intrigueing. 

What if you can mem/cast a spell that is higher lvl, it just doesn't go off, or has a significantly reduced effect?  It's a good thought but I highly doubt it will work like that...so much so that I don't think it is worth the time considering.

• 258 posts
    January 20, 2018 3:28 PM PST

Celandor said:

Spells specifically were not an issue in EQ or Vanguard.  You couldn't memorize a spell that was too complex for your level.

Where casters got twinked was their mana pool.  Manastones, high WIS/INT items and the like could give casters god-like powers.

I imagine spells will work just as Celandor mentions here. Just like EQ, you will probably only be able to use spells that are at or below your current level. Therefore a level 16 wizard would not be able to use level 20 spells.

I hope twink gear isn't terribly nerfed as that was one of my favorite parts of EQ. It was always fun to have a twink in the group who could carry a little bit of extra burden to allow the group to tackle harder content or help the group prevail through situations that may otherwise have caused a wipe. Or to be the twink. :D The only thing I think should scale with level is damage, haste, and maybe AC. HP/Mana, stats, and other effects (passive/active from items) for the most part shouldn't be nerfed.

• 1281 posts
    January 20, 2018 4:04 PM PST

Aqua said:

Hi i saw that you can give a noob a high end weapon or gear but it scaled so it was very mutch usless attleast in the begining.

Now will spells be the same ?? like fizzle 95% of the time or just dont work or perhaps will they work poorly and scale that the newbies super gear (or not so super).

You will only be able to use spells that are for your level. Now, when you first get the spell it will fizzle out more than usual. But as you use it and other spells like it your skills for that type of spell will increase and reduce the fizzling.

• 217 posts
    January 21, 2018 6:46 AM PST
    Im 100% sure that spells will be level designated. If youre not that level you either wont even be able to memorize the spell until youre that level... or you may br able to mem it and its in your spellbook but until that level is achieved you wont be able to cast it.