Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

-Vertical zones in deph.

• 136 posts
    January 19, 2018 12:05 PM PST

Will Pantheon have Vertical zones? Such as a zone built ontop of a mountain would be really cool all the different layers and elements coming into effect based on elevation the player is at. Climbing skill is a must along with warm clothing.

Blizzards Snow and Rain could change how the player reacts and paths taken to reach the peak.

A zone going deeper and deeper down into the planets core would be interesting.A dark zone where a torch becomes your best friend. Periods of magma and intense heat create a challenge for even the most seasoned adventurers.

Most games zones are basic flat zones i am not against having some such as deserts but theirs alot of awesome ideas that Vertical zones create that just would not be possible otherwise.

Underwater zones would be interesting and open tons of new ideas like a future Treasure Hunting profession. Huge weather events could reshape the zones like Hurricanes - Tidal Waves and Earthquakes.

Im sure Vertical zones are much tougher to develop but could create some great vistas and very interesting gameplay options probably would be a challenge to design but really amazing to play.

What are you guys thoughts on Vertical zones?

• 2886 posts
    January 19, 2018 12:35 PM PST

Pretty much all of those things are already in-game. For example, check out Amberfaet:

02:14:44 Entering Amberfaet: High 30s to Mid 40s raid zone

• 105 posts
    January 19, 2018 12:37 PM PST

From watching the streams I'm pretty sure 'vertical zones' are a big part of Pantheon. The Tower of the Reckless Magician is clearly vertical and the stream where they fought the big spider had climbing and lots of different levels. 

• 136 posts
    January 19, 2018 12:46 PM PST
    Happy to hear that Tower didnt look too Vertical to me just a elevator going to different floors.

I did not see the Spider stream sounds neat.