Forums » Website Support

question on forum access

• 294 posts
    January 19, 2018 8:06 AM PST

I was wondering, since there are seperate V.I.P. forums what isgoing to happen when alpha is released?  Will alpha players be given access to V.I.P. forums so they can post and read other posts regarding alpha tests?  or will the nda forbid alls posts on alpha experiences. Same question for beta access.

• 239 posts
    January 19, 2018 8:08 AM PST

Unlikely. When alpha starts they will likely have a specific alpha forum for it. VIP forums are their own thing, much like the Champion level forums. Whether those persist beyond launch, no idea. But for testing it'll likely just be an alpha subforum. And that forum will be under NDA.

This post was edited by Kratuk at January 19, 2018 8:09 AM PST
    • 467 posts
    January 19, 2018 8:55 AM PST

With any luck, we'll be using the new forum software before then.

• 7896 posts
    January 19, 2018 4:16 PM PST

VIP will always remain as a special area for those who purchase the higher tier pledges, even when we move into Alpha, they will keep their private VIP hangout, Champions will keep their and everyone else will have the rest of the website to discuss all things Pantheon :)

Moved to website support as it relates to permissions/pledges/access.

This post was edited by Kilsin at January 19, 2018 4:17 PM PST
    • 294 posts
    January 20, 2018 7:04 AM PST

thank you Kilsin

• 228 posts
    January 28, 2018 8:01 AM PST

I see, why there is a pre alpha forum. In this forum the people participating the pre alpha can write absolutely free, without the need to fear of breaking the NDA, because only people with the same level are on this forums.

And I see why there are VIP and Champion areas in the forums, while the game is in development, because they get more information and get this earlier than the rest. So I understand why when the game is in Alpha the forums still exist.

What my question is. What is when the game is fully released? Will VIPs get more information and get it ealier until the game get sunseted in the year 2050? Otherwise I see no need to divide the community once the game is releaased.

• 7896 posts
    January 28, 2018 4:05 PM PST

Landbert said:

I see, why there is a pre alpha forum. In this forum the people participating the pre alpha can write absolutely free, without the need to fear of breaking the NDA, because only people with the same level are on this forums.

And I see why there are VIP and Champion areas in the forums, while the game is in development, because they get more information and get this earlier than the rest. So I understand why when the game is in Alpha the forums still exist.

What my question is. What is when the game is fully released? Will VIPs get more information and get it ealier until the game get sunseted in the year 2050? Otherwise I see no need to divide the community once the game is releaased.

The community isn't divided, my friend, VIPs and Champions can and do actively participate in General conversations more than they do int heir own subforums, but they also have a special place to speak about extra privileges that come with being a VIP or Champion if they choose to and I cannot see that changing.

• 4 posts
    February 8, 2018 4:23 PM PST

I have a champion pledge, but I don't seem to have Champion forum access.