Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What really needs to be discussed from the Jan. newsletter...

• 1095 posts
    January 17, 2018 6:32 PM PST

I demand to see the ELVES

• 2886 posts
    January 17, 2018 6:49 PM PST

Zeem said:

Kilsin has played a female elf (with the same model every time) in several of the streams, including this one with a closeup: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138465335?t=01h06m59s

If you zoom in on the newsletter screenshot, you can see a same model a few times in the background, including one in the dragon's mouth.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at January 17, 2018 6:50 PM PST
    • 1095 posts
    January 17, 2018 7:00 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Zeem said:

Kilsin has played a female elf (with the same model every time) in several of the streams, including this one with a closeup: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138465335?t=01h06m59s

If you zoom in on the newsletter screenshot, you can see a same model a few times in the background, including one in the dragon's mouth.

How was this never discussed? I thought he was a human or something.

• 2886 posts
    January 17, 2018 7:08 PM PST

Zeem said:

Bazgrim said:

Zeem said:

I suspect not a lot of attention was brought to it because it's probably not the final iteration of the model.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at January 17, 2018 7:13 PM PST
    • 1095 posts
    January 17, 2018 7:09 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Zeem said:

Bazgrim said:

Zeem said:

I suspect not a lot of attention was brought to it because it's probably not the final iteration of the model.

Ok. I was waiting to see elves and this whole time lol. Kilsin would play a female. Explains alot. muhahah j/k

This post was edited by Aich at January 17, 2018 7:10 PM PST
    • 2886 posts
    January 17, 2018 7:12 PM PST

Zeem said:

Bazgrim said:

Zeem said:

Bazgrim said:

Zeem said:

Ok. I was waiting to see elves and this whole time lol. Kilsin would play a female. Explains alot. muhahah j/k

Lol well it's been around a while. He's confirmed that:

"Yes, correct, a female elf and the same one I used in the first ever couple of streams :)"

(Source: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5964/04-27-17-stream-recap )

But because it's so old, I think that's reason to safely assume it's not final haha. When they get an elf model they really like, I'm sure they'll make a bigger deal about it. This is part of what the new concept artists are hard at work doing.

But for now, what you have here is technically still an elf :P

This post was edited by Bazgrim at January 17, 2018 7:15 PM PST
    • 1095 posts
    January 17, 2018 7:22 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Zeem said:

Bazgrim said:

Zeem said:

Bazgrim said:

Zeem said:

"Yes, correct, a female elf and the same one I used in the first ever couple of streams :)"

(Source: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5964/04-27-17-stream-recap )

But because it's so old, I think that's reason to safely assume it's not final haha. When they get an elf model they really like, I'm sure they'll make a bigger deal about it. This is part of what the new concept artists are hard at work doing.

They better be awesom or else!. (Demolititon Man movie reference)

• VR Staff
    • 31 posts
    January 17, 2018 7:23 PM PST

vjek said:

Well that's why I was surprised, because there's a few.. ok, so, let's just say not 100% final, and quality issues and leave it at that.  Glad to hear it's unedited.

By virtue of being pre-Alpha, NOTHING is 100% final.  Expect quality issues.  While we've made strides on visual fidelity, first we build the house THEN we paint it.

• 1095 posts
    January 17, 2018 7:36 PM PST

Kuripan said:

vjek said:

Well that's why I was surprised, because there's a few.. ok, so, let's just say not 100% final, and quality issues and leave it at that.  Glad to hear it's unedited.

By virtue of being pre-Alpha, NOTHING is 100% final.  Expect quality issues.  While we've made strides on visual fidelity, first we build the house THEN we paint it.

VR dosent have to explain its self to this guy. Pic looked good. Good job.

• 3016 posts
    January 17, 2018 8:00 PM PST

As there seems to be some confusion about PRE-alpha..here goes :)   

Pre-alpha[edit]

Pre-alpha refers to all activities performed during the software project before formal testing. These activities can include requirements analysissoftware designsoftware development, and unit testing. In typical open source development, there are several types of pre-alpha versions. Milestone versions include specific sets of functions and are released as soon as the functionality is complete.

• 43 posts
    January 17, 2018 8:11 PM PST

Klumpedge said:

I was thinking the dragon looked...well, hungry Vjek. lol

I've never known a dragon to NOT look hungry.  Well, maybe I just hang out with the wrong dragon crowd.  I should see if there are hipster dragons.  You know, the ones that wear old style galsses and say things like, "I call the world by it's original name; but you've probably never heard it.".

• 470 posts
    January 17, 2018 8:16 PM PST

Kuripan said:

vjek said:

Pretty much what Big K said. If you need a visual reference for how quick something can change this early in development just have a look at these two videos. They highlight some of the same areas at two different points; one prior to the first art and world lighting pass and one after that first pass. Which mind you is the first, not the last.

Before

https://youtu.be/INd9SfIbWN4

After

https://youtu.be/T3mr5_SDgsk

Pre-alpha is going to see quite a bit changed and even moreso during the alpha. You won't really see anything resembling final product until beta at which point the tweaking, fixing, and finalization begins. Until then, as Kilsin said, nothing is final, especially the art and visuals.

This post was edited by Kratuk at January 17, 2018 8:23 PM PST
    • 2138 posts
    January 18, 2018 9:39 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

Zeem said:

Bazgrim said:

Zeem said:

Bazgrim said:

Zeem said:

Then how will we know kilsin is kilsin if he is not the old model like in the streams? *pout* Maybe it will be a Dev thing where they are "cool" in having the old models, or appearing in game for special events in the old models for people to look at and wonder. 

• 1860 posts
    January 18, 2018 10:22 AM PST

Manouk said:

Then how will we know kilsin is kilsin if he is not the old model like in the streams?

He's the one who trains everyone.

It doesn't matter what the character model looks like.  If you just got trained you know it was Kilsin.

• 595 posts
    January 18, 2018 10:26 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

Zeem said:

I'm fairly certain that Joppa rolled an Elf Shaman for the last couple streams as well (at least the May stream in the Tower of the Reckless Magician).

• 1479 posts
    January 18, 2018 10:30 AM PST

I guess temporary models (like ogre, gnome, elf, archai) are here to get a basic sence of volume tied to the race, and begin working on animations before having the final and personnalizable model.

The humans seems the most advanced of all, with maybe the dwarves - correct me if I'm wrong - because they seem able to equipe and show gear outside of weapons which implies a more finished and advanced model.

• 217 posts
    January 21, 2018 7:02 AM PST
    I really thing people here need to chill on the negativity... Geez folks the Devs give us a TREAT of some in game PRE-ALPHA screens and all a lot of you want to do is pee in the punch bowl.... THANK YOU KILSIN!!

Plz folks remember this games a long way from complete. Graphics look sick already and only to get better... chill and enjoy our prealpha appetizer... it was designed as such, to make us hungry for more!
    • 287 posts
    January 21, 2018 4:33 PM PST

Info already covered

This post was edited by bryanleo9 at January 21, 2018 4:37 PM PST
    • 1019 posts
    January 21, 2018 5:28 PM PST

vjek said:Maybe, but I've sent this image link to a few people and the first impression of 5/5 is "photoshop","fake","what's wrong with the dragon", and "no, pieced together from many pics" so until I hear a VR employee say it's an unedited "live" PA1 screenshot, I'm going to go with it's an edited screenshot. (and no, i'm not talking about the text, I'm talking about the dragon, the lighting, and the character in the jaws).

So what do you're professional "no it's fake" photoshop friends have to say now?  I can't stand ppl like that who think they can tell if a photo is photoshopped.  Wrong so often...  

(Nothing against you vjek, I'd just love to see their faces, or hear their backpeddling bs excuses...)