Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What really needs to be discussed from the Jan. newsletter...

• 1860 posts
    January 17, 2018 12:49 PM PST

A purple dragon!  Is that person off the ground being eaten?  Dangling from its jaws?

So apparently gnome, ogre, archai, human are currently the playable races.  Is that what I'm seeing?

What a tease!  Here is a little crafting info with no mention of the giant purple dragon in the room...

• 595 posts
    January 17, 2018 1:02 PM PST

Ha! Right? WTF?!  Pre-Alpha dragons T.rex'ing PCs?  Damn your NDA!

This post was edited by Nikademis at January 17, 2018 1:03 PM PST
    • 557 posts
    January 17, 2018 1:22 PM PST

Awesome image.  The thing I picked up on was the Archai quintuplets.   Shame to cover up those cool body graphics, but they need some advanced customization options.   I'm sure they are planned before release.

• 2752 posts
    January 17, 2018 1:25 PM PST

By release I bet we will have Archai in all colors of the rainbow. 

• 57 posts
    January 17, 2018 1:31 PM PST
    Archai lore suggests that their markings will vary, depending on the "element" fire, water, earth for example will have different look and color to it.
    • 2886 posts
    January 17, 2018 1:34 PM PST

Lol you can see some dwarves and elves in there too if you look really closely. Basically all the ones that have been shown in streams so far.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at January 17, 2018 1:37 PM PST
    • 1921 posts
    January 17, 2018 1:46 PM PST

The dragon looks... well.. edited? Maybe not the right word, but it looks like a modified screenshot for some reason?  Hard to say exactly why.

• 1095 posts
    January 17, 2018 1:47 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Lol you can see some dwarves and elves in there too if you look really closely. Basically all the ones that have been shown in streams so far.

Just confirmed Elves models are in the game.

• 294 posts
    January 17, 2018 1:53 PM PST

I was thinking the dragon looked...well, hungry Vjek. lol

• 3237 posts
    January 17, 2018 1:57 PM PST

Terminus was home to dragons long before any other races migrated there.  If you haven't checked out the lore, do yourself a favor and read up.  I expect dragons to have a far greater presence in Pantheon than they have had in other MMO's.  They have their own languages, hierarchy, etc.  The dragon depicted here is most likely just a baby compared to what you'll see later on.  With the mention of harvesting lines, I wonder if anybody had an opportunity to skin that bad boy?

This post was edited by oneADseven at January 17, 2018 1:59 PM PST
    • 1921 posts
    January 17, 2018 2:00 PM PST

Ok, so.. the sun is coming from about 11 o'clock, but the dragons left wing (right side of the image) has no light on it.  That's what makes it look off, to me.  It's like the dragon model isn't being lit properly? /shrug

• 2886 posts
    January 17, 2018 2:21 PM PST

vjek said:

Ok, so.. the sun is coming from about 11 o'clock, but the dragons left wing (right side of the image) has no light on it.  That's what makes it look off, to me.  It's like the dragon model isn't being lit properly? /shrug

Could be that or the texturing is just different. Pre-Alpha.

• 1095 posts
    January 17, 2018 2:56 PM PST

I WANNA SEE THESE ELVES!!

• 1921 posts
    January 17, 2018 3:03 PM PST

Bazgrim said: Could be that or the texturing is just different. Pre-Alpha.

Maybe, but I've sent this image link to a few people and the first impression of 5/5 is "photoshop","fake","what's wrong with the dragon", and "no, pieced together from many pics" so until I hear a VR employee say it's an unedited "live" PA1 screenshot, I'm going to go with it's an edited screenshot. (and no, i'm not talking about the text, I'm talking about the dragon, the lighting, and the character in the jaws).

Heck, there is what looks like lens flare BEHIND the head of the dragon? Or some other weird thing going on there.

• 9115 posts
    January 17, 2018 3:52 PM PST

vjek said:

Maybe, but I've sent this image link to a few people and the first impression of 5/5 is "photoshop","fake","what's wrong with the dragon", and "no, pieced together from many pics" so until I hear a VR employee say it's an unedited "live" PA1 screenshot, I'm going to go with it's an edited screenshot. (and no, i'm not talking about the text, I'm talking about the dragon, the lighting, and the character in the jaws).

Heck, there is what looks like lens flare BEHIND the head of the dragon? Or some other weird thing going on there.

It's real, I have spawned it many times in PA sessions as a GM and even sometimes crashed the server with 10+ of them spawned, not final graphics, colours or animations by any measure but it is 100% real, I can assure you. Once the NDA lifts just ask all of the PA testers that I kill with it and they will tell you lol ;)

• 264 posts
    January 17, 2018 4:00 PM PST

I seems like maybe a spell effect caught in the screen shot made the shadows look strange. 

• 1095 posts
    January 17, 2018 4:01 PM PST

Kilsin said:

vjek said:

It's real, I have spawned it many times in PA sessions as a GM and even sometimes crashed the server with 10+ of them spawned, not final graphics, colours or animations by any measure but it is 100% real, I can assure you. Once the NDA lifts just ask all of the PA testers that I kill with it and they will tell you lol ;)

Fun times

This post was edited by Aich at January 17, 2018 4:03 PM PST
    • VR Staff
    • 31 posts
    January 17, 2018 4:16 PM PST

vjek said:

As a matter of policy, the only edits we make to screenshots are to add text, copyrights, etc.

• 1921 posts
    January 17, 2018 4:26 PM PST

Well that's why I was surprised, because there's a few.. ok, so, let's just say not 100% final, and quality issues and leave it at that.  Glad to hear it's unedited.

• 1095 posts
    January 17, 2018 4:38 PM PST

vjek said:

Well that's why I was surprised, because there's a few.. ok, so, let's just say not 100% final, and quality issues and leave it at that.  Glad to hear it's unedited.

They were just showing a zerg/raid on a dragon for testing w/e they were testing.

This post was edited by Aich at January 17, 2018 4:46 PM PST
    • 470 posts
    January 17, 2018 4:47 PM PST

vjek said:

The dragon looks... well.. edited? Maybe not the right word, but it looks like a modified screenshot for some reason?  Hard to say exactly why.

I believe that may be a drake. But regardless that dragon//drake looks like the world's most angry Sesame Street charater. :p

This post was edited by Kratuk at January 17, 2018 4:48 PM PST
    • 1479 posts
    January 17, 2018 4:48 PM PST

People are really messing for irrelevant things...

I hope the elf was tasty.

• 2138 posts
    January 17, 2018 5:09 PM PST

I say that screenshot with the dragon is beanz. 

I can't even see the halflings and elves or humans, but if they ae there, I call them beanz, too.

I like the quasi feathered scaley, beak look of the dragon.

• 12 posts
    January 17, 2018 5:13 PM PST

drooling more now than ever having played EQ from release and VG from beta i gota to say i am more eager to try this than any game ever . Bring on Alpha got surgery next month and 9 months recovery so i hope Alpha is open by then i got a ton of spare time in my future.

• 3016 posts
    January 17, 2018 5:52 PM PST

oneADseven said:

Terminus was home to dragons long before any other races migrated there.  If you haven't checked out the lore, do yourself a favor and read up.  I expect dragons to have a far greater presence in Pantheon than they have had in other MMO's.  They have their own languages, hierarchy, etc.  The dragon depicted here is most likely just a baby compared to what you'll see later on.  With the mention of harvesting lines, I wonder if anybody had an opportunity to skin that bad boy?

Fine by me I just loves Dragons..hehehe