Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Who Do You Play With?

• 160 posts
    January 15, 2018 4:09 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Since MMORPG's are supposed to be social games, how many of your family or friends play MMORPG's like Pantheon with you? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

To fully answer this I need another question answered. My wife and I go back and forth about the term "friend." She defines "friend" as someone you know in RL. I consider it anyone you've met that you've have a good time with. So to answer it with my definition: Hopefully my wife, older brother, younger brother, his wife(and some of her family are gamers too, so we'll see what happens there), and about 100-1000 of my friends from P99 ;)

To appease my wife's definition: The aforementioned family, plus 3 of my "friends" i've met in RL(we[wife and I] just got back from a vegas trip with some of these guys) from P99, as well as the aforementioned "gamer buddy hoard" from P99.

I'm sure we're going to end up like the Allied paratroopers on D-Day with all our sticks scattered in the wind at Pantheon launch, but eh. we'll all be playing anyways. Speaking of which, would be good to get server names a solid 2 months in advance. For logistics purposes.

• 9115 posts
    January 15, 2018 4:32 PM PST

It is awesome to see so many groups of people and for those who don't have anyone, there will be plenty of people looking for new friends in Pantheon once it launches! :)

• 2752 posts
    January 15, 2018 4:36 PM PST

Can't wait to try out Brad's PHarmony. 

• 557 posts
    January 15, 2018 4:37 PM PST

I had a friend once.  His name was Kobober.  I sent him to kill a hill giant and he died.

• 73 posts
    January 15, 2018 5:09 PM PST

My brother is the only one that will be playing with me, for awhile anyways. He's the type that gets bored within a week and moves onto another game. All my friends play PUBG and think MMO's are for, in their words, "Dorks" :(

Needless to say I'm going to be heavily relying on that group matching idea that Brad brought up awhile back.

• 108 posts
    January 15, 2018 7:17 PM PST

No family members however still play with a guild which we formed up in the beta of DAOC. By now many of them are like family!!

• 208 posts
    January 15, 2018 7:20 PM PST

I and my wife play normally as a team.  We are also planning on starting to teach our children how to play as well.  The oldest is already interested and we have hooked her into tabletop D&D so far :)  The youngest is still not sure if he wants to do it but he has enjoyed playing in newbie areas of WoW and EQ and such so we are hoping that actually getting to set down and play with the family will get him hooked :)

• 7 posts
    January 15, 2018 8:52 PM PST

I don't know anyone IRL who plays MMO's, although I did try to get some friends to start playing them, but that failed. I haven't spoken to most of the people I knew in past MMO's for a very long time after they stopped playing and disappeared, so I will be going in solo. Hoping to meet some people online when Pantheon launches though!

• 470 posts
    January 15, 2018 9:01 PM PST

Mostly I play with my guild but I also very much enjoy just PUGing it to meet some new folks. Aside from my nephew I don't have any family that really plays MMORPGs, so it's mostly my guild and a few random friends that casually play sometimes as well as some other friends that belong to other guilds.

• 523 posts
    January 16, 2018 1:52 AM PST

I just make friends in game as long as the game requires grouping to level up and enjoy the basic game.  Also, need the group finder stuff to only work for the one server.  I tend to look for other players that A) Don't suck, or B) amuse me, and if they can accomplish both...friends for life (in game) and even sometimes out.  

This post was edited by Mathir at January 16, 2018 1:53 AM PST
    • 1315 posts
    January 16, 2018 5:46 AM PST

I plan to have one character I play solo as my main and a second one to pair with my wife to go at her speed when she has time.  I imagine that Pantheon may be a little hardcore for her but with my guiding it should be fine.  Otherwise I hope some of my old WoW/RL friends show up as Pantheon fully settles in and I anticipate that I will be able to get some more recent RL friends to join in.

Realistically though who I actually play with will be which ever guild members are on when I am on.

• 173 posts
    January 16, 2018 6:27 AM PST

My wife and I play together and then make friends along the way.

• 5 posts
    January 16, 2018 7:07 AM PST

I am blessed to be a part of a gaming community, Tenacious Gamers. I have been a part of the community since ArcheAge Alpha, and played many titles since then. It is great to have access to hundreds of gamers, playing different games, but who all know each other, at least by name. We are keeping a close eye on Pantheon, and there are at least 25 or so that have some sort of preorder package. As each stream hits, and we start talking about it in our forums, it seems we gain another that is interested. We usually launch big titles pretty hard, so I am assuming Pantheon won't be any different.

• 98 posts
    January 16, 2018 8:44 AM PST

Celandor said:

I had a friend once.  His name was Kobober.  I sent him to kill a hill giant and he died.

You sure his name wasn't Goner? XD

• 769 posts
    January 16, 2018 10:51 AM PST

I have one RL buddy that I try to play with, on the off chance that we can agree on an MMO. He played FF11 while I played EQ, so while we both enjoy similar challenging dynamics, he's always been a bigger fan of the "anime" style of art than I have. Hopefully, we'll both find a home within Pantheon. 

Otherwise, I still keep in touch with my old EQ guild, The Knights of Reverence. We've dabbled together in EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, and LOTRO. Everyone is grown up and moved on now, but we still do reconnect from time to time. Hopefully, Pantheon will see a return of them as well. 

Besides those two options, I tend to just PUG every day. I'm a big fan of PUGs, despite their being a pretty decent chance of nonsense occurring. 

• 129 posts
    January 16, 2018 10:55 AM PST

Only the guild.

• 10 posts
    January 16, 2018 11:22 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Since MMORPG's are supposed to be social games, how many of your family or friends play MMORPG's like Pantheon with you? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

I'm always playing with my wife. Any game I play she's playing alongside with me. And for grouping, we tend to stick with guild mates almost exclusively as a way to insulate ourselves from toxic players. We've just found with experience it's better that way. In the past I've played with coworkers/bosses etc, but I've been so bored with recent MMO's that I haven't been playing any lately.

• 281 posts
    January 16, 2018 12:15 PM PST

I have one family member, maybe two that would play.  Mostly I have some close friends that I play most every game with that will definitely at least try Pantheon with me and will likely enjoy it based on past games we've played together and liked (EQ1, EQ2, DAoC, etc.).  I also have friend that I know from those games that I only really know from those games and have no real life connection otherwise, that will likely give it a shot on my recommendation.  It is nice to think that those connections will continue in this game.

• 89 posts
    January 16, 2018 12:56 PM PST

I had several RL friends that got me back into MMOs to join their LotRO fellowship, but that was right about the time Moria hit and and many of them moved on to greener pastures

I still play with one of those guys... we found a new fellowship and stayed there for several years, making many friends we still remain somewhat in contact with today

Our group there started dissolving around the time Big Battles happened, and many of us tried various games together... Several of our old LotRO buddies are still playing FFXIV, one or two were lost to WoW, some may have adjusted priorities more in favor of RL

After bouncing around for a while, trying various MMOs, the one RL guy and I got stuck in Neverwinter, as at least it was supposed to be grounded in D&D lore, and we are both chomping at the bit for Terminus to come to life... Several of our current guildmates and former kin have also shown interest in Pantheon, so hopefully we will be able to bring together a smallish guild of old friends and new acquaintances 

Honestly SO bored with everythign else out there... currently running through the story in Secret World just to have something to kill time on until beta opens

Not sure what I'll waste time on after that... I guess I could always tear up my carpet and put down some hardwood... maybe redo a bathroom?

• 21 posts
    January 16, 2018 2:04 PM PST

All I have to say is 

(me) Tank LFG

(wife)Healer [or gnome] LFG w/ Tank

• 3237 posts
    January 16, 2018 3:14 PM PST

dexare said:

All I have to say is 

(me) Tank LFG

(wife)Healer [or gnome] LFG w/ Tank

Sounds like a party, especially if your wife is a [gnome] healer!

• 249 posts
    January 16, 2018 3:32 PM PST

I'll be playing with cousins, coworkers, sister and father. Let alone old EQ friends who's phone numbers I still have! Can't wait!

• 1785 posts
    January 17, 2018 8:24 AM PST

I am probably a little different from most in that I won't have any close real-world friends, coworkers, or family members playing with me.  I have some online friends (met in games over the years) that will play, certainly, but for the most part there won't be many out-of-game connections.  I'm hoping that as we build the community in game we'll get the chance to do fan meetups and things from time to time so that we can talk about our favorite hobby over drinks in the real world :)

• 801 posts
    January 17, 2018 8:35 AM PST

Kilsin said:

It is awesome to see so many groups of people and for those who don't have anyone, there will be plenty of people looking for new friends in Pantheon once it launches! :)

I have you sweet pea :) Joking aside, hope we meet up in the game.... I like to play with friends, family and always go out of my way to meet people. Social aspects got me involved with EQ early on. This was before we had any real form of social media.

• 93 posts
    January 17, 2018 8:38 AM PST

I play with play sema in cordinal