Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Which Music Do You Atend To Listen To Ingame

• 34 posts
    January 10, 2018 6:02 PM PST

For me it has to be Power and Symphonic Metal  no other music has made a genre for Fantasy and Sci-fi. I have been a fan since I was a teenage. I do  official pages for Edguy, Avantasia and the Ancient Bards.

Games can do some nice music but it just gets boring quick, I can’t imagine not listening to my music collection while playing it adds so much atmosphere. But I do turn off when needed.

This post was edited by Tristar at January 10, 2018 6:03 PM PST
    • 34 posts
    January 10, 2018 6:04 PM PST

But whatever choice in music you choose enjoy it.

This post was edited by Tristar at January 10, 2018 6:07 PM PST
    • 34 posts
    January 10, 2018 6:11 PM PST

Excuse the wording  waiting on my new glasses doh. I can’t change it.

• 422 posts
    January 11, 2018 9:25 AM PST

The music that the game devs put into the game. Why the hell would I listen to anything else? I'm not here for some mindless time sink. I am here to enjoy the game, the world, and the community. That includes the in game music.

• 34 posts
    January 11, 2018 10:38 AM PST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z93SdirnzTw&list=RDZ93SdirnzTw&t=53, try this. Christpoher Lee backing singing before he died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-OzvIL4d2w Twlight Force Flight Of The Sapphire Dragon.

I recoomend the 2nd video even if you just watch it just for a fantasy video, sound off.

A couple of things you are missing but your choice.  I was only pointing out listening to the same in in game tracks gets boring after awhile or  was i saying it will be rubbish. I was interested in seeing what people like and maybe find a few kindred souls. Also dispelling the fact that all Heavy Metal is just noise, power can be beautiful and uplifting. Music is good for the soul, whatever you choose. 

As for your comment something i would of expected on a WOW Forum.

This post was edited by Tristar at January 12, 2018 6:07 AM PST
    • 3852 posts
    January 12, 2018 7:22 AM PST

I intend to listen to the game music. I am not here for  a time sink either I am here to enjoy the game.

That WoW reference wasn't called for - we can have different preferences without insulting eachother.

• 34 posts
    January 12, 2018 7:57 AM PST

dorotea said:

I intend to listen to the game music. I am not here for  a time sink either I am here to enjoy the game.

That WoW reference wasn't called for - we can have different preferences without insulting eachother.

It’s a general topic in any forum, I was just asking and you rudely answered, what I considered was out of order. I had done nothing wrong You want to listen to game music that’s fine I have no problem with that. My wife does not like Heavy Metal.

You already answered what should be on this forum, the right thing would be to apologise, I am sorry if you took offence but it’s not the first time someone has done it.

This post was edited by Tristar at January 12, 2018 11:21 AM PST
    • 105 posts
    January 12, 2018 9:17 AM PST

I'll begin with the in-game stuff and seen as the bulk of the time we will be grouping I would image that's what I'll stick with. If I find myself solo grinding something or other then I would imagine I'll stick on some vinyl, I'm bang into Rush at the moment due to reading Ready Player One. If you're looking for some "fantasy" inspired rock music you can't do better!

• 769 posts
    January 12, 2018 10:22 AM PST

It'll start with the game music. Eventually, I'm sure I'll put on my "EQ Playlist", which consists of the popular music of that time. 

I still can't listen to the RHCP album, "Californication", without feeling that rush of nostalgia. 

It'll be a lot of RHCP, Perfect Circle, Pearl Jam, and a whole heaping plate of Dave Matthews Band. (don't judge).

This post was edited by Tralyan at January 12, 2018 6:43 PM PST
    • 34 posts
    January 12, 2018 11:23 AM PST

Kipling said:

I'll begin with the in-game stuff and seen as the bulk of the time we will be grouping I would image that's what I'll stick with. If I find myself solo grinding something or other then I would imagine I'll stick on some vinyl, I'm bang into Rush at the moment due to reading Ready Player One. If you're looking for some "fantasy" inspired rock music you can't do better!

i am well mixed with power community in Europe. Try bands like Avantasia, Twlight Force And Gloryhammer.

This post was edited by Tristar at January 12, 2018 12:23 PM PST
    • 34 posts
    January 12, 2018 11:24 AM PST

Tralyan said:

It'll start with the game music. Eventually, I'm sure I'll put on my "EQ Playlist", which consists of the popular music of that time. 

I still can't listen to the RHCP album, "Californication", without feeling that rush of nostalgia. 

It'll be a lot of RCHP, Perfect Circle, Pearl Jam, and a whole heaping plate of Dave Matthews Band. (don't judge).

I always start with the game music, I don’t judge people’s taste, my wife drives me crazy lol  with the X factor etc.

• 34 posts
    January 12, 2018 12:19 PM PST

I will post my Power Metal Patched Jacket when it’s ready 3/4. Fantasy and Viking one, I just need to get my wife to finish. Along with my band signed Larp Swords.

This post was edited by Tristar at January 12, 2018 12:20 PM PST
    • 557 posts
    January 12, 2018 6:13 PM PST

I'm a bit of a purist.  I want the immersive qualities of the in-game music and environmental sounds.  If the music isn't well done, that's usually an early indicator that I won't be playing a game for long.

• 34 posts
    January 13, 2018 8:11 AM PST

Celandor said:

I'm a bit of a purist.  I want the immersive qualities of the in-game music and environmental sounds.  If the music isn't well done, that's usually an early indicator that I won't be playing a game for long.

Have a look at both videos, my form of metal is made for fantasty games. If you don’t like it, don’t worry. I am trying change peoples mind about the genre. It’s close to the top, second one is a great song and video. It’s all about storytelling the music, it might surprise you. I have seen both bands live awesome.

This post was edited by Tristar at January 13, 2018 8:14 AM PST
    • 24 posts
    January 13, 2018 9:29 AM PST

I listen to most types of music IRL, but i would expect to hear soft instrumental background music with violin, piano, lute, etc in terminus. Power metal is good to listen to, but it doesn't fit in a rpg to me. That would totally break my immersion in the game. I liked the violin music from Arcanum : of Steamwork and Magick Obscura for example. To be honest, i sometimes listen to metal when playing, but it's usually for pvp sessions or FPS games and i don't want the RPG game to do it for me. I consider it's not the game's job to let me hear metal. I'm pretty sure lots of people don't like metal also, so finding a better common ground for all the playerbase would be wiser. But definitely not ingame pop music lol that would be a bad joke.

This post was edited by Gideon at January 13, 2018 9:44 AM PST
    • 34 posts
    January 13, 2018 9:46 AM PST

Enjoy that’s what music is about. Lifts me in game and out. I have wide range of taste depends on my mood. I am lucky I know a few of the bands, great people.

This post was edited by Tristar at January 13, 2018 9:47 AM PST
    • 3852 posts
    January 14, 2018 7:08 AM PST

Arcanum did have good music I agree.

Tristar if you take a more careful look you will see that I am not the one that answered you I was following up on someone else's reply.

• 34 posts
    January 14, 2018 11:01 AM PST

dorotea said:

Arcanum did have good music I agree.

Tristar if you take a more careful look you will see that I am not the one that answered you I was following up on someone else's reply.

Its already forgotten about :)

• 557 posts
    January 14, 2018 12:06 PM PST

Tristar said:

Have a look at both videos, my form of metal is made for fantasty games. If you don’t like it, don’t worry. I am trying change peoples mind about the genre. It’s close to the top, second one is a great song and video. It’s all about storytelling the music, it might surprise you. I have seen both bands live awesome.

Great music, Tri.  There's a long association between high fantasy and rock music, starting with bands like Zeppelin and Rush in the 70's and carrying forward to more recent music from groups like Nightwish and the numerous metal bands they influenced.

My issue isn't with any particular genre.  I like to see the music change based on environment and situation.  If you're running an independent playlist from iTunes, it's not going to be in sync with game events.  As repetitive as in-game music can become, you learn to associate it with a particular location or culture within the game.   Entering Rivervale in EQ wouldn't have been the same without the light-hearted music that greeted you on entry.  I went back to some old games recently and the biggest smiles on my face were from familiar music as I crossed a bridge, entered a town, etc.

• 34 posts
    January 14, 2018 1:52 PM PST

Not listened to them, so many bands these days in the genre, hard to keep up.