Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Do Tell...

• 2 posts
    January 8, 2018 5:40 PM PST

Once upon a time in a game far away, i was a lowly Wizard.  Tailoring was my craft but the mats were too expensive.   A stranger wandered up to me and handed me a stack of silk.   It was a time when everyone was poor.  few people had ever seen 10 PP in one place, let alone actually had that much.  And if you could make level 20 in two weeks, folks accused you of using an exploit.  Those were the days, my friend. we thought... oh wait.. thats a different story.   My point is, i never forgot him.  in time, i tried to pass on his legacy to others.  it feels good being an anonymous benefactor.  That, and it keeps your inventory uncluttered.

• 281 posts
    January 8, 2018 5:53 PM PST

I'm similar to most here.  First, if I found it and my character could use it, that would be that.  It's mine.  However, I'd used the knowledge to most immediately help friends, those I regualarly group with and my guild, mostly in that order.  I'd fully expect it get out as a result, of course.  But I'd try to help those I know first.

• 3016 posts
    January 9, 2018 10:07 AM PST

Nuggie said:

It would grace the deepest darkest places in my closet where I would occasionally disappear to, to fondle it with a gleam in my eye. Whispering, "Precious....."

Hehe this is my favorite answer. :D

• 4 posts
    January 10, 2018 5:27 AM PST

Keep it secret. Keep it safe. 

• 4 posts
    January 15, 2018 1:36 PM PST

Suterian said:

Depends I guess. If I am solo, and It's and upgrade I would probably put it on. Because, you know, that's the name of the game!

However if it is useless to me, I would find someone who could use it before I let it go to waste type thing.

I usually don't try to "master the marketplace" in an MMO, as I feel there is enough greed in this world.

Very rarely will I take something with the sole purpose of selling for profit.

I am usually forced into that...  (Sut, take the damend shield and sell it!!! You never take anything and give away everything.)

I like  just handing it to someone who could use it, or has been seeking it for months.

Can aquire some good friends with a mindset like that.

Great Minds

This post was edited by Chromaggia at January 15, 2018 1:37 PM PST
    • 184 posts
    January 16, 2018 8:17 AM PST

I guess it depends on what it is? As an example, if it’s a rare crafters items that is a random drop from several different types of mobs I would definitely tell players about it as I’m not a crafter and would have no use for it. However, if a rare mob that I happened to stumble upon out in the wilds of Pantheon droped a really rare item such as an instant invis helm (akin to EQ’s Circlet of Shadow) I would definitely keep it secret for as long as I could while farming a few of them to give out to RLF’s in game. After I had taken care of my RLF’s and I had a couple for future resale purposes I would then post in a couple of the more popular Fan Sites to get the word out.

I always hoarded out of a speculator’s point of view, in hopes that one day one or more items that I held onto will have some crazy value that I could use to sell or trade for an item I really need/require.

-Rint

This post was edited by Rint at January 16, 2018 8:18 AM PST
    • 1785 posts
    January 17, 2018 8:43 AM PST

I'd tell my friends/guildies about it "Hey check out this thing I found!"

I probably wouldn't realize that it was unique and no one else had found it though...

• 217 posts
    January 18, 2018 1:01 PM PST

TELL EVERYONE!!  But not disclose how and where i got it till i farmed and sold it at a high rate of profit..

• 108 posts
    January 19, 2018 4:28 PM PST

Kilsin said:

If you stumbled upon a never before seen rare item in Pantheon, would you tell anyone or keep it to yourself? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

It depends! If it was a rare item useful to my class i would keep it for myself.. On the other hand if it was not usefull for my class i would give it to a guildmate. I used to do this in EQ all the time the guild actually gave me an official title within the guild as treasure hunter. 

I was an explorer and never divulged where i got items from out door zones. Indoor and Outdoor dungeons were different usually were with a group thus no real secret knowledge to be had. It was when i explored i see a name 0_0 kill named to see what it has. If something interesting would camp the area.

• 31 posts
    January 19, 2018 5:35 PM PST

If it was a super great item for my toon I would probably keep it.  If it was a nice upgrade for me BUT would be a super great item for a close gaming friend...I'd give it to the friend.

I'd also give my friends and guildies all details about the lewt.  Heck I'd happily take them out and help them do whatever was needed to get it.

• 56 posts
    January 19, 2018 6:23 PM PST

I would take the Aradune approach and make sure everyone notices me.

• 6 posts
    January 19, 2018 8:51 PM PST

Nuggie said:

It would grace the deepest darkest places in my closet where I would occasionally disappear to, to fondle it with a gleam in my eye. Whispering, "Precious....."

** giggle ** luv it Nuggie :-P

• 87 posts
    January 20, 2018 8:05 AM PST

defently tell the world about it and if i cant use it i will give it away....this is a group based game...not a single play game !!

beside it fells god to help others and who knows somebody will remember the favor and give something back later on =)