Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Do Tell...

• 9115 posts
    January 8, 2018 3:58 AM PST

If you stumbled upon a never before seen rare item in Pantheon, would you tell anyone or keep it to yourself? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

• 11 posts
    January 8, 2018 4:07 AM PST

Rare item? I don't know what you're talking about *whistles* :D

Probably would tell people that might have an interest in it in the guild or friend =)

• 781 posts
    January 8, 2018 4:22 AM PST

Keep it to myself until i figured out what it is, would tell guildies of course  :) 

• 9 posts
    January 8, 2018 4:35 AM PST

I'd like to stumble into Pantheon first

• 9115 posts
    January 8, 2018 4:37 AM PST

Yeuo said:

Rare item? I don't know what you're talking about *whistles* :D

Probably would tell people that might have an interest in it in the guild or friend =)

Hahaha :P

• 1315 posts
    January 8, 2018 5:21 AM PST

Sadly it really depends on the relative value of the item.  If it represents 5 hours of farming I might spill the beans but if it represents 1000 hours of farming . . .  I might try to REALLY understand its drop rate and location through thorough testing and repetition before I share some info.

• 690 posts
    January 8, 2018 5:58 AM PST

I'd sell it for a ridiculous price=)

So I guess that means I would definately tell people about it.

If It's no-drop though I would probably keep it secret from everyone who isn't a close friend, at least until I figure out how to get it to drop again.

• 40 posts
    January 8, 2018 6:15 AM PST

If it's a simple gold ring, i think i'll keep it secret :)

• 105 posts
    January 8, 2018 6:19 AM PST

I'd tell guildies first and then the rest of the world...

• 1479 posts
    January 8, 2018 6:51 AM PST

If it's a noticeable improvement for me or any of my close friends, I'd keep it. If it can have latter use for a close friend or for sale, I'd start repeating the pattern / area until I figured out how it works or get triggered to drop, untill I feel done with gearing / resales / figuring out. Then I'd share the information in public for everyone to enjoy it.

If the drops include no competition (no ph/ rare that only one group can get at a time) I'd share first results earlier.

• 1095 posts
    January 8, 2018 7:06 AM PST

Id tell everyone and link it in chat because if not how will I get credit for the discovery?

• 1921 posts
    January 8, 2018 7:29 AM PST

I'd probably salvage it for crafting components. ;)

• 1399 posts
    January 8, 2018 7:43 AM PST

How would I know it was "a never before seen rare item" if I didn't tell anybody about it? I'm hoping there will be a lot of even simply seen a few times uncommon items that I never see in this game. If not then Pantheon needs more items.

• 15 posts
    January 8, 2018 8:23 AM PST

I would show it off and tell everyone that, rather than stumbling upon it, I gallantly won it by soloing a rare mob that routinely takes down entire raids. I would tell them that the Dev's were so impressed with my mad skills that they offered to name the item after my girlfriend, but I demurred (not mentioning my wife.) I would then spend way too much time casually displaying the item as I sat in a tavern or crafting area, waiting for the envious masses to ask me where/how I got it/found it/made it. I would, of course regale them with a different tale each time.

• 3016 posts
    January 8, 2018 9:14 AM PST

Kilsin said:

If you stumbled upon a never before seen rare item in Pantheon, would you tell anyone or keep it to yourself? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

Probably share it with friends, eventually,  but I KNOW that someone will have a website that exposes all the secrets and takes all the fun out of it.   Hence I WON'T be visiting those sites,  I prefer to use my own brain, not someone else's.   I love puzzles and mysteries.  :)

• 98 posts
    January 8, 2018 10:53 AM PST

/ooc What the heck is this? /link

If it's equippable and an upgrade I'd probably just equip it if possible and then forget I have it. Then when people are like "wtf that's crazy rare" I'd be like 'oh, uh...guess I won't sell it?'

This post was edited by sorn at January 8, 2018 10:54 AM PST
    • 429 posts
    January 8, 2018 10:55 AM PST

I'd Share the info 

• 1714 posts
    January 8, 2018 11:22 AM PST

Camping that ish. 

• 11 posts
    January 8, 2018 11:37 AM PST

Add it to the wiki ^.^

• 2138 posts
    January 8, 2018 11:50 AM PST

I would act as If I did not know that it was rare and wear it accordingly untill an upgrade or better piece came along. If someone remarked about the ring I would reply with something like " this old thing? why I got it off some somethingorother in suchaplace."

• 363 posts
    January 8, 2018 2:10 PM PST

I'd share the information with guildies/folks I group with regularly. If I do a PUG and someone in that group really struck me as a good player/person, I'd tell them, of course.

• 9115 posts
    January 8, 2018 4:57 PM PST

It is interesting to see how many different answers you folks have! Keep them coming :D

• 1281 posts
    January 8, 2018 5:24 PM PST

I would not only share what I know about it, I would also share how I got it.  It doesn't hurt me if someone else has it.

• 57 posts
    January 8, 2018 5:28 PM PST

Depends I guess. If I am solo, and It's and upgrade I would probably put it on. Because, you know, that's the name of the game!

However if it is useless to me, I would find someone who could use it before I let it go to waste type thing.

I usually don't try to "master the marketplace" in an MMO, as I feel there is enough greed in this world.

Very rarely will I take something with the sole purpose of selling for profit.

I am usually forced into that...  (Sut, take the damend shield and sell it!!! You never take anything and give away everything.)

I like  just handing it to someone who could use it, or has been seeking it for months.

Can aquire some good friends with a mindset like that.

• 160 posts
    January 8, 2018 5:34 PM PST

It would grace the deepest darkest places in my closet where I would occasionally disappear to, to fondle it with a gleam in my eye. Whispering, "Precious....."

This post was edited by Nuggie at January 8, 2018 5:35 PM PST