Forums » Support

system requirement question

• 183 posts
    January 1, 2018 5:40 PM PST

Since no system requirement info has been relased I am wondering if my $600 Walmart computer will be able to handle the alpha and beta phases.  It has the following features:

Intel core I 3  (3.7 Ghz) 

Memory 6144 MB memory

Intel HD graphics 4400. total memory 2160MB, display memory 112MB 

All info from dxdiag.

I have pledged for beta (during kickstarter) but I am considering an alpha pledge if this computer can handle the game.  Otherwise, I will probably be getting a new gaming compuet next year for pantheon.  I havent played any other graphically intense games similar to pantheon, so I have no clue how this computer can handle it.  Anyone run any of the newer games on a computer like mine?  Thank you.  

• 136 posts
    January 1, 2018 6:04 PM PST
    I had an eye opener when installing ark survival yesterday. It maxed out my 6 gigs of ram. Made it unplayably choppy. They use the same graphics engine. I don't have any info on optimization comparables.... I imagine pantheon will be more demanding. I intend to leave the 6 gigs alone until alpha so I can report on how good/bad it runs at current specs. Then upgrade to 32 gigs afterwards.
    • 17 posts
    January 1, 2018 6:05 PM PST

That's a good question. I think at this point it would be hard to tell what kind of requirements would be reccomended for Alpha and more importantly the state of the game at launch, but comparing newer games with similar features to an MMO of this scale is a good way to gauge it.

I currently have a Dell inspiron 15 7000 gaming laptop. Specs:

Processor

• 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ Quad Core (6MB Cache, up to 3.5 GHz)

Memoryi

• 8GB, 2400MHz, DDR4

Hard Drive

• 256GB Solid State Drive

Video Cardi

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti with 4GB GDDR5

So pretty similar to your specs. I have to say I'm not an expert by any means with this stuff, but thought I'd just give you an alternative opinion anyways :)

From information online about my PC specs I quote:

"Older games and less graphics-intensive titles—World of WarcraftLeague of LegendsSmite—run fairly well. More modern fare doesn’t fare quite as well. Grand Theft Auto V on maxed settings struggled to hit 30 frames per second, as did Rise of the Tomb Raider. I was clocking close to 60 on The Division, but I had to dial back The Elder Scrolls Online to keep it as smooth as I like."

And personally I have played slightly less contemporary games such as WoW, Elder Scrolls series (pre Skyrim), Lotro, Team Fortress 2 at max with no issue. Newer games such as Skyrim Special Edition, FF14, Overwatch, GTAV have presented me with issues at the max settings but overall my system can handle them without taking away from the experience. I guess my system will be good enough for the Alpha stage and launch at some capacity. It's a safe bet you'd be ok too but a $1500+ system, all things considered, at a rough estimate would probably be ideal to get the full experience of Pantheon and not experience any lag or frame drops.

Just my two cents.

• 183 posts
    January 1, 2018 6:13 PM PST

Nuggie said: I had an eye opener when installing ark survival yesterday. It maxed out my 6 gigs of ram. Made it unplayably choppy. They use the same graphics engine. I don't have any info on optimization comparables.... I imagine pantheon will be more demanding. I intend to leave the 6 gigs alone until alpha so I can report on how good/bad it runs at current specs. Then upgrade to 32 gigs afterwards.

One of my children plays Arc from time to time of this one and gets some lag.  That is a pretty nice looking game but I have never tried playing it myself.  

• 183 posts
    January 1, 2018 6:15 PM PST

opalrebel said:

That's a good question. I think at this point it would be hard to tell what kind of requirements would be reccomended for Alpha and more importantly the state of the game at launch, but comparing newer games with similar features to an MMO of this scale is a good way to gauge it.

I currently have a Dell inspiron 15 7000 gaming laptop. Specs:

Processor

• 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ Quad Core (6MB Cache, up to 3.5 GHz)

Memoryi

• 8GB, 2400MHz, DDR4

Hard Drive

• 256GB Solid State Drive

Video Cardi

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti with 4GB GDDR5

So pretty similar to your specs. I have to say I'm not an expert by any means with this stuff, but thought I'd just give you an alternative opinion anyways :)

From information online about my PC specs I quote:

"Older games and less graphics-intensive titles—World of WarcraftLeague of LegendsSmite—run fairly well. More modern fare doesn’t fare quite as well. Grand Theft Auto V on maxed settings struggled to hit 30 frames per second, as did Rise of the Tomb Raider. I was clocking close to 60 on The Division, but I had to dial back The Elder Scrolls Online to keep it as smooth as I like."

And personally I have played slightly less contemporary games such as WoW, Elder Scrolls series (pre Skyrim), Lotro, Team Fortress 2 at max with no issue. Newer games such as Skyrim Special Edition, FF14, Overwatch, GTAV have presented me with issues at the max settings but overall my system can handle them without taking away from the experience. I guess my system will be good enough for the Alpha stage and launch at some capacity. It's a safe bet you'd be ok too but a $1500+ system, all things considered, at a rough estimate would probably be ideal to get the full experience of Pantheon and not experience any lag or frame drops.

Just my two cents.

That's about the computer level I am looking to upgragde to.  Thank you.  I play Team Fortress as well, Heavy here. 

• 770 posts
    January 1, 2018 7:18 PM PST

I built myself a pretty crazy system and am planning at least one upgrade before release.

• Monitor (2):  LG 27UD68P-B 27" FreeSync IPS LED Monitor 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 16:9 Widescreen 5ms (GTG) On-Screen Control with Screen Split Game Mode & Black Stabilizer, VESA mountable
        • Keyboard:  Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
        • Mouse:  Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Professional-Grade Wired / Wireless Gaming Mouse
        • Case:  Corsair Graphite Series 780T Full-Tower PC Case
        • 120mm Case Fan (two):  COOLER MASTER R4-S2S-124K-GP 120mm Silent Case Fan
        • Power Supply:  CORSAIR AXi Series AX860i Digital 860W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Haswell Ready Full Modular ATX12V & EPS12V SLI and Crossfire Ready Power Supply with C-Link Monitoring and Control
        • Motherboard:  GIGABYTE Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel Z270 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Motherboards - Intel
        • CPU:  Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80677I77700K Desktop Processor
        • CPU Cooler:  MasterLiquid Pro 280 All-In-One CPU Liquid Cooler with FlowOp Technology by Cooler Master
        • Memory:  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3466 (PC4 27700) Intel Z170 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-3466C16D-32GTZSW
        • Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 HYBRID GAMING, 08G-P4-6188-KR, 8GB GDDR5X, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC)
        • Removable Media:
            ◦ CD/DVD/Blu-Ray Burner:  LG Black 16X Blu-Ray BDXL SATA Internal rewriter with 3D Playback, Model BH16NS40
            ◦ Thermaltake AC0031 USB 3.0 Support MS Slot, CF Slot, SD Slot,Extreme Slot, Micro SD Slot, M2 Port Multi-Card Reader
        • Storage:
            ◦ Hard Drive:  Seagate Desktop HDD ST8000DM002 8TB 256MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
            ◦ SSD Drive:  SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 512GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7KE512BW
            ◦ SSD Drive:  SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7KE1T0BW
        • Audio Headset:  Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum RGB 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset
        • Audio Speakers:  Logitech Z906 500W 5.1 Speakers

I don't recommend you follow my example unless you have money to spare.....hehehe

This post was edited by Kalok at January 1, 2018 7:19 PM PST
    • 464 posts
    January 2, 2018 12:07 PM PST

bryanleo9 said:

They said they are making the game to run on a wide range of hardware. An example they gave was on a mid ranged PC with a nvidea card of some kind. I'll tell you right now though, that intel gaphics card will be your main issue. 

• 1231 posts
    January 2, 2018 1:23 PM PST

kellindil said:

bryanleo9 said:

They said they are making the game to run on a wide range of hardware. An example they gave was on a mid ranged PC with a nvidea card of some kind. I'll tell you right now though, that intel gaphics card will be your main issue. 

Yes, in your system this is the main thing I would look at.  Not only are the Intel integrated graphics cards very weak with 3d performance, but that's an old one on top of that.

• 183 posts
    February 8, 2018 6:44 PM PST

Looks like I will wait until beta and get my new computer.  I can't really upgrade this graphics card as the power is 180watt or so and most the nice cards need a 300watt plus power source.   If the Intel card could run alpha I would definitely upgrade my pledge.