Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

• 11 posts
    December 27, 2017 11:30 PM PST

Anyone else playing EQ2??? :) 

• 3852 posts
    December 28, 2017 7:14 AM PST

Not currently. I enjoy getting to level-cap more than being at level-cap and agnostic dungeons make it easy to get there in a day or less. Or did the last time I played.

Granted no one forces anyone to use them but knowing that they are there takes something away from questing for months to get to the same place. At least if you have already done the quests at least once and seen the content.

I switched to LOTRO which unlike Rift and EQ2 has no almost instant way to get to level cap (if one ignores the accursed in-game store where you can buy a boost).

This post was edited by dorotea at December 28, 2017 7:14 AM PST
    • 190 posts
    December 28, 2017 8:46 AM PST

I was pretty active on EQ2 for nearly 12 years. First with our own guild, Shadow Guard on Venekor/Nagafen and Antonia Bayle; then with The Dominion a progression raid guild. Middle of this year I stopped logging in and then canceled my subscriptons. Too many real life things were interrupting. I left quite a few amazing people behind. They are one cool bunch of peeps. But, I barely had enough time to log in and raid with them, let alone do all the prerequisite questing and currency hoarding that is required for each new expansion.

For now, I'm dabbling in Diablo 3, Path of Exile, and relaunched Baluder's Gate: Enhanced Edition for my fantasy fixes.

• 1 posts
    January 2, 2018 8:15 PM PST

I just jumped back and on for shits and giggles the other day. Need people to play with. 

• 363 posts
    January 9, 2018 2:14 PM PST

EQ2 was my home for several years, but each time I go back to it, I lose interest after a few weeks. Too much "in your face advertising" for their store stuff.

• 1281 posts
    January 9, 2018 3:40 PM PST

Anistosoles said:

EQ2 was my home for several years, but each time I go back to it, I lose interest after a few weeks. Too much "in your face advertising" for their store stuff.

They added advertising to EQ2??  Wow....  I'm glad I got out after a couple of years.

• 1479 posts
    January 9, 2018 11:33 PM PST

Sadly, EQ2 never really got me into. I'm surprised it's still active, since SoE/Daybreak seems quite underwhelming when it comes to create MMO or maintaining them.

• 25 posts
    February 5, 2018 6:11 PM PST

I'd be interested in getting back on EQ2 if there were some folks to play with.  I never spent a lot of time there, I think I made mid-40's and punched out.

• 10 posts
    February 23, 2018 9:44 PM PST

My heart was broken for both EQ and EQ2 when they introduced the "buy an instant level 80 heroic character!!!!" tokens.  EQ2 had it first but EQ1 caved and did the same thing.  Then they gave away thousands of AAs to players in EQ1.  

I've been playing EQ2 again for a short while but I'm getting kind of bored.  Another thing that ruined it for me is when they condensed the servers together and stopped tracking server and world wide discoveries and killed the leaderboards.  I get why it would be convoluted with the server merges, but dammit, I was #2 in the world for server discos and was slowly catching up with the guy who was #1 (he grinded up an alchemist on a new server back in the day and got all the alchemy discos back when there were tons of alchemy subcombines) 

I bought the new EQ2 expansion because I kept kicking myself in the head for not maxing out my EQ1 main character every time they upped the level cap and ended up like 30 levels behind and couldn't find anyone to group with a lower level char.  Needless to say, it really made me wish Pantheon Alpha was open.  In the most recent expansion, you walk up to the first NPC in the new zone, and there is a chest next to him that gives u a set of new armor that was better than most stuff from the last expansion.  To help you with the new expansion :(  I dinged my 10 new levels just doing the first line of faction quests which gave me like 10 million exp each.  Killing a mob gives you like 500.  The tradeskill signature quest just got put in 3 months later, and I got all 10 of those levels with the first 2 or 3 quests.  One quest gave me 3 levels when I turned it in.  WTF.  

Anyway I really hate the direction the game took, and it just kept getting worse and worse.  Maybe the end game stuff is fun, I wouldn't know.  

I'm close to getting 6000 quests completed and when you do you get a fancy hat.  So I've been sticking around for that mostly but it's hard to find quests I haven't done already