Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Alpha / Beta Streaming ?

• 11 posts
    December 20, 2017 10:34 AM PST
    I just purchased my support package and I am really REALLY looking forward to playing! Second to that I was curious if there will be restrictions on community members streaming when they are in alpha / beta ? Thanks!
    • 1095 posts
    December 20, 2017 10:38 AM PST

Welcome but searching is your friend. Keywords "alpha stream"

Main Thread

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4499/pantheon-alpha-twitch-stream

Kilsin Post - January 30, 2017 8:30 AM CST

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4499/pantheon-alpha-twitch-stream/view/post_id/88882

Kilsin said:

Pantheon will be under a strict NDA during all testing phases, as the game will not be anywhere near a finished product or accepted quality by our standards to advertise, we take testing seriously and actually need help testing the game, this isn;t an early access gimmick, it is actual testing that we need help with, any kind of streaming or videos showing bugs, exploits, glitches, graphical errors, mechanics failing etc. will only do harm to the game and deter potential players from purchasing the game.

So we ask that everyone please respect the decision and once the NDA is signed, prior to gaining testing access, it will be very heavily enforced.

This decision may be reviewed for late stages of beta testing but at this moment, it is not being considered.

I would say I beat Bazgrim to this but look who started the orginal thread so we could link to the answer lol. 

This post was edited by Aich at December 20, 2017 10:44 AM PST
    • 11 posts
    December 20, 2017 10:53 AM PST
    Thanks
    • 160 posts
    December 20, 2017 10:54 AM PST

Welcome aboard.

What Zeem said, but also: They've said they will do more streams/twitch.tv's now that we are in the testing phases. I'd expect that more in alpha than pre-alpha. Enjoy!

• 11 posts
    December 20, 2017 11:01 AM PST
    Haha yea I run a small stream and was hoping it would be permitted, but suspected they might have an NDA.
    • 2886 posts
    December 20, 2017 1:01 PM PST

Lol thanks Zeem.

Recently though, there has been an update to this: while the NDA will still be in place, certain qualified streamers will be allowed to stream the game in 2018 with permission from Ben Dean. (Exact dates still TBD) This was announced at TwitchCon in October and Ben is still accepting applications.

• 557 posts
    December 20, 2017 1:05 PM PST

I'm guessing they'll be looking for streamers who have a large number of subscribers, among other considerations.

• 1095 posts
    December 20, 2017 3:13 PM PST

Docken said: Kittik, thanks appreciate the link. I wager I'd have found that if there was a search button on mobile so far haven't found one. I suppose you already knew that as you are clearly and expert and a helpful people person. You're very helpful response is noted I hope you're vast and amazing knowledge base serves you well.

If you wanted you could make a bookmark on your phone so after you log in you can go here,

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/search

• 11 posts
    December 20, 2017 3:25 PM PST
    Thanks seem