Forums » The Paladin

Which title did Paladin archetype the best?

• 61 posts
    December 19, 2017 4:16 PM PST

I'm going to say Diablo 3's Crusader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZJh2fHi1Zg

Maybe it's the incredible voice acting, and how the character is unfailingly positive and goodly, in a grim setting. The game overall is pretty bleh, but the Crusader acting, writing, and abilities are superb.

Smashing demons with the Crusader just feels right.

What about you? Which game portrayed the Paladin the best to you? Videos supporting your post are always welcome!

• 7 posts
    December 31, 2017 3:58 PM PST
    Personally I really liked the warrior priest from war hammer online. That class just felt right for smacking things and supporting your group.

Runner up was the beta paladin from Warcraft before they made it a pile of crap just before release.
    • 61 posts
    January 2, 2018 8:43 AM PST

Warhammer Online - god thats a title I haven't heard about in a LONG time.

They had some very interesting classes, and very well done abilities and designs. It's a shame the overall game was such a mess.

What was the mutant, where you could customize his mutations and they impacted what abilities he had?

Warrior Priests.. I remember them being very strong in PvP. Never played one myself though.

World of Warcraft's Paladin has gone through quite the evolution over the years. From basically being a flacid heal/buffer at early release, to eventually becoming a "do everything" righteous god of warfare. I think WoW's Paladin perfectly encapsulates everything wrong with the homogenization of MMO's in modern times.

• 7 posts
    January 2, 2018 10:19 AM PST
    That would be the marauder, which was another pretty interesting class. I also found myself playing the while lion a lot since it was so different at the time.

I am super curious to see what kind of pally we get out of pantheon.
    • 216 posts
    February 2, 2018 11:12 AM PST

I really liked DAoC's Paladin. In EQ terms, they were kind of a mix of Paladins (tanky melee with some self-buffs) and Bards (chants that you could twist). Was a pretty cool class.

• 15 posts
    February 11, 2018 7:43 AM PST

Forever original's EQ's paladin for me. 

Might be the main that i'll roll in Pantheon

• 61 posts
    February 13, 2018 12:46 PM PST

ArtCore said:

Forever original's EQ's paladin for me. 

Might be the main that i'll roll in Pantheon

Really?

I played a Paladin in EQ and have to say it's probably one of the worst done. I love it at the time, but so many other games have expanded on the concept... even DAoC which was a contemporary of classic EQ did so many different and interesting things with the Paladin.

But, to each their own though.

• 15 posts
    February 14, 2018 7:52 AM PST
    Dulu exactly. To each their own.

I really don't care that you don't agree. In fact, it would be hard for me to give any two cents.

You're welcomed to go play those games if their paladins is so awesome.
    • 1367 posts
    February 14, 2018 11:26 AM PST

A tad hostile. ^

Personally I was a big fan of Warhammer's Warrior Priest class as well as the Diablo 2 Paladin. 

• 420 posts
    February 14, 2018 3:36 PM PST

Horizons' paladin was a fun class.