Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What Is Your Go-To Backup Class?

• 9115 posts
    December 14, 2017 3:29 PM PST

Hahaha, some great answers folks, keep them coming! :)

• 2130 posts
    December 14, 2017 4:18 PM PST

Rogue = Ranger

I like them both equally, so if one is unavailable for some reason the other is my backup.

• 168 posts
    December 14, 2017 5:02 PM PST

well I was set on a dark myr monk.. but if you are going to steal the candy from my baby hands, then i'd probably try out that awesome looking halfling druid or bard you guys have sculpted!

• 10 posts
    December 14, 2017 5:26 PM PST

Already in that predicament with Pantheon when it eventually comes out.

My fav class is a Bard, and it may not be ready immediately, so my back up class will be Paladin.

Can't wait to hear when you guys give us some info on that class.

• 107 posts
    December 14, 2017 5:48 PM PST

I will likely go with an Enchanter but it's still undecided. If I couldn't go with them maybe I would go with a summoner. That said if a cleric has the look I would like for them to have (cloth woven plate armor witha huge tome tucked under their arm and a blessed hammer in their other hand) then a cleric is ideal.

Looks aside I do want to play a class that needs to group yet can offer the group more than just damage. That said I love dealing damage and want something that can help a lot in that regard also. I wish I understood the classes better so I can decide! GIVE MORE INFO!

This post was edited by zendrel at December 14, 2017 5:49 PM PST
    • 70 posts
    December 14, 2017 5:49 PM PST

I'm not even sure what my go-to class is yet.  I like druid and shaman.  One or the other as a starter would work.

• 36 posts
    December 14, 2017 6:33 PM PST

I tend to go with a more versatile class as backup, which for me tends to be buffers, healer, crowd control, and pet classes.  Id most likely go with Shaman, Ranger, or Necro, however I still need to know more about them to get a feel.

• 8 posts
    December 14, 2017 7:05 PM PST

Druid is my main, but I am pretty keen to check out Dire Lord.... I reckon that'll be my first alt/backup.

• 21 posts
    December 14, 2017 8:03 PM PST

Another Tank class =P 

IE take away warrior, I'll play Pally, Or Direlord, Or maybe I'll have all 3.

• 56 posts
    December 14, 2017 8:30 PM PST

Non-Cleric Healer. Most of the time it fall's under Shaman.

If I was forced to play a Non-Healer or Non-Enchanter class it would most likely be a Monk.

• 142 posts
    December 14, 2017 9:57 PM PST

dexare said:

Another Tank class =P 

IE take away warrior, I'll play Pally, Or Direlord, Or maybe I'll have all 3.

I would have to agree =) If I'm not playing my Warrior, i'd probaly role a Direlord or Paladin.

It would be nice to have a healer though... tough choices ^.^

• 194 posts
    December 14, 2017 10:03 PM PST
    I always loved D&D rangers and paladins, so if the ranger doesn't map quite the way I'm hoping then I'll probably go paladin. Monk and warrior tie for 3rd.
    • 85 posts
    December 14, 2017 10:34 PM PST

I don't even know what my favorite class is, much less my second choice.  I'm gonna have to try them all before I decide.  Stay tuned.  :)

• 724 posts
    December 15, 2017 12:56 AM PST

A while ago I said that I would go with enchanter, summoner or cleric. We still don't know anything about summoners in Pantheon yet, so the order of the first two remains. If I like the summoner, I will most likely go with it though, and enchanter will become the backup.

Cleric has dropped lower for me however. My third and next characters would now probably be paladin and shaman. But it all depends on getting more info about the classes in Pantheon.

• 1019 posts
    December 15, 2017 7:36 AM PST

I'd play a Paladin as my back up.  But in all honesty, that would be a lie because Paladin is my first choice, but I wouldn't tell the terrorists that, so then I could play it.

• 793 posts
    December 15, 2017 9:01 AM PST

I've always done the evil twin concept, so if I couldn't play a Paladin, I'd play his evil-separated at birth twin Shadow Knight. :)

This post was edited by Fulton at December 15, 2017 9:02 AM PST
    • 1714 posts
    December 15, 2017 9:23 AM PST

Shaman by a mile. 

• 178 posts
    December 15, 2017 9:25 AM PST

if I cant play cleric, I will outbranch myself to completely different type of class,

like druid or paladin....  

• 201 posts
    December 15, 2017 10:03 AM PST

Paladin or nothing.  In games with no paladin at all, the closest thing.

I stand by my earlier comments on race and class combos and think that there should be Ogre paladins...would be doable lorewise with a splinter group of valorous and noble ogres (who struggle factionwise..) and add some interesting dimension to paladins and they are missing a race i would say.  I could live with Archai also but i think ogres would be intriguing.

This post was edited by antonius at December 15, 2017 10:07 AM PST
    • 430 posts
    December 15, 2017 12:59 PM PST

hmm , well if no Druid or Shaman . Summoner all the way .

• 15 posts
    December 15, 2017 9:15 PM PST

I always tend to lean towards the Hybrid type classes when it comes to Alts.

Not the full Tank, Healer or DPS. But that middle ground, little bits of everything. The Supportive classes that back up the main 3, but can also hold their own.

• 1303 posts
    December 16, 2017 5:07 AM PST

Since I know I wont be playing a necro out of the gate (grrrr.....) I'll most likely start with either Shaman or Druid. Chances are high I'll waffle between the two, depending on friends online, time available, etc. 

• 7 posts
    December 16, 2017 9:47 PM PST

My thoughts are based off of EQ as we have no idea how the classes of Pantheon will play. 

Given that, if I couldn't play as a Gnome Chanter, I am not sure what I would do.  I really liked the versatility of Chanter (except of course when raiding), so losing that option would really hurt.  I guess I would go with Monk, they always seemed pretty cool and FD was an ability I always wanted to have.  Or maybe a Ranger, good dps, shooting a bow is pretty cool and noone would ever care if I died, since everyone would assume I was supposed to anyways :)  On the other hand, Druids have great support skills, can port around the world and healing would be a nice change of pace.  No, I would definately go with Warrior.  Just standing in the face of the mobs whacking away, not having to worry about anything but yelling at the cleric if i go down! ( just kidding tanks, I know there is skill involved in being a good tank).

Let's be honest, I would just take out the ole D20 and roll it it.  Let fate decide what my new life would be!

Uvaas Sa'Avu

P.S.  Please don't take my Chanter away from me

• 1785 posts
    December 16, 2017 10:34 PM PST

Typically my main is paladin, and my backup is cleric.  That's not always true (in VG it was paladin/disciple, and in EQ2 it was actually paladin/ranger), but that's how I tend to roll.

So for example if Paladins got severely broken and I couldn't play mine, I would probably drop back to a cleric.

Edit:  This is assuming that I'm not at the point (usually about three months in) where my altaholic tendencies have taken over and I have "one of everything" sitting in my character select screen.  Because believe me... I will find a way to have one of everything :)

This post was edited by Nephele at December 16, 2017 10:36 PM PST
    • 25 posts
    December 19, 2017 2:42 PM PST

If I couldn't play enchanter, I'd probably play shaman. Then probably some kind of summoner.