Forums » Support

Pledge 2nd Digital Copy

• 17 posts
    December 6, 2017 6:01 PM PST

I pledged for Alpha access and it comes with "2 digital copies of the game."  I plan on using both copies because I love having alts (and don't know how many character slots we'll be getting), but can I give a friend the 2nd copy during Alpha who wants to try the game out?

• 2708 posts
    December 6, 2017 6:02 PM PST

From the pledge page: "Pledges with multiple copies of the game receive listed rewards on one account only." In other words, that second copy of the game will only get them into the game at launch.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at December 6, 2017 6:03 PM PST
    • 494 posts
    December 6, 2017 6:03 PM PST

I have a similar pledge, I don't belive alpha is included for the second copy. Only Release is what I understand.

• 422 posts
    December 6, 2017 6:07 PM PST

Loxxulus said:

I pledged for Alpha access and it comes with "2 digital copies of the game."  I plan on using both copies because I love having alts (and don't know how many character slots we'll be getting), but can I give a friend the 2nd copy during Alpha who wants to try the game out?

It's important to note that the devs have made it VERY clear that neither pre-alpha nor alpha are going to be for "trying the game out".  The purpose is to be a game tester.  It wil be like, "Log onto the game, go here, and do this and offer your feedback."  "Go here and click this and see what happens."  Not like, "Log on and run around the area just to see the sights and kill things."

• 247 posts
    December 6, 2017 6:36 PM PST

I think the second digital copy was just in the event that they end up charging a fee for the "boxed" game plus the subscription.  You'll have two copies that you can do with s you see fit at launch.

• 96 posts
    December 6, 2017 6:44 PM PST

Celandor said:

I think the second digital copy was just in the event that they end up charging a fee for the "boxed" game plus the subscription. 

This is my understanding as well.

Celandor said:

You'll have two copies that you can do with s you see fit at launch.

I dont recall seeing anything to the contrary, but in the effort to fight the account sellers/gold(plat?) sellers I wouldnt be surprised if they jumped on the bandwagon of keeping tabs on IP's on accounts and such. Ban first, ask questions later. Probably too early to be speculating on that at this point though. Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

• 2561 posts
    December 6, 2017 7:01 PM PST

Loxxulus said:

Second copy is for release only..no perks.

• 506 posts
    December 7, 2017 8:25 AM PST

Orginal pledges are not exactly the same as the post pledges. There maybe differences. So speak lightly of what pledge and time frame you have. Cross information to older, newer people maybe different.

This is my understanding. I agree with Canadina, but double check the new and old versions first before commenting what you can get and what you can not get now.

• 422 posts
    December 7, 2017 4:27 PM PST

Nuggie said:

Celandor said:

I think the second digital copy was just in the event that they end up charging a fee for the "boxed" game plus the subscription. 

This is my understanding as well.

Celandor said:

You'll have two copies that you can do with s you see fit at launch.

I dont recall seeing anything to the contrary, but in the effort to fight the account sellers/gold(plat?) sellers I wouldnt be surprised if they jumped on the bandwagon of keeping tabs on IP's on accounts and such. Ban first, ask questions later. Probably too early to be speculating on that at this point though. Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

That would be a good way to get me to quit the game in a heartbeat.  I have two children, mine, that live with me in addition to any playing that I do.  Given that I am running NAT behind a firewall, they are going to see all three, or more, computers coming from the SAME IP address.

• 22 posts
    December 7, 2017 5:00 PM PST

I wouldn't be surprised if they jumped on the bandwagon of keeping tabs on IP's on accounts and such.

The game community would have to remain tremendously small to do this. Like on the order of magnitude of P1999. There are plenty of ways to find abuse that don't involve policing the use of NAT on a per-account basis. Games like WoW and FFXIV use far more sophisticated mechanisms. Like behavioral heuristics that can detect bot activity using statistics or machine learning.

• 96 posts
    December 7, 2017 10:47 PM PST

Once again:

Nuggie said:Probably too early to be speculating on that at this point though. Just something to keep in the back of your mind.