Forums » The Cleric

How do you play your cleric?

• 71 posts
    November 26, 2017 11:09 PM PST
    I have always played cleric. I haven't however always loved the role. I only played a cleric because my friend wanted to go warrior. However, once I started playing the role I became enamoured with the class and it's applications. In group farming scenarios, I could pull/root/dot/heal and so the grind continued. I rarely was just healing. I contributed everything I could to make the grind as efficient as possible. Up to and including swinging my warhammer. In a solo setting I have two epic feats in eqoa I soloed slilskor at 60 2.5 hour long fight and another cleric and I dueled an ebony recluse, again a two hour fight. Soloing for me boiled down to making my mana out last their health. I enjoyed pushing those limits in many ways. In a raid setting for me it was all conservation and timing. Learning when to go big when to stay light, watching for that guy standing in fire. Watching buffs/rebuffs/debuffs. Moving, Los healing, covering, running, repeating. I am guilty of educating people the hard way if they chose to stand in fire. I am guilty of overheating to show a mouthy druid his place. I am guilty of barking orders as the eyes and ears of a raid or group. I am a cleric who will swing his warhammer, pull mobs, instruct movements, and heal wounds. I am a cleric who won't let you die before I do. I take pride in my class, for I am a Cleric! To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am.
    To those who understand, I extend my hand.
    • 20 posts
    January 4, 2018 4:52 AM PST

That is the key, no support should just be doing one thing we can ALWAYS do more. I always found time when healing if I was bored to throw out a smite, or turn undead. Heck get up close and bash the mobs face in some (though if they turn on you RUN!). Think some people get scared that, well I am a Cleric all I do is sit on my bum and heal. Heck, make it more fun and do other things than sit all game. We also have one of the more stressful jobs when crap hits the fan and we have to heal quickly. Praying that our CC is doing everything possible, while we go as fast as possible to heal them and the tank. I think the stress sometimes is what brings me back to the healing role. 

• 61 posts
    January 12, 2018 9:24 AM PST
    My type of cleric. My first toon was cleric on EQ. Healing was fun, but I loved all the other stuff I could do. Pulling was so fun on a cleric. Cleric and paladins in undead areas, OMG so fun! Anyone who just sat on their butts and healed as a cleric seriously missed out on some good fun with all the other mechanics a cleric was capable of.
    Kinda makes me want to log on and play.
    Thank you, for that wonderful trip down Memory Lane
    • 54 posts
    January 12, 2018 2:35 PM PST

The cleric iconic ability in pantheon is a large barrier, for essentually CC.  I hope its a bubble type barrier.. surrounding your party in a bubble or a group of enemies in a bubble would both have uses.  Along the same lines, I hope clerics have abilities along the 'keeping peace' idea.  Aggro reducers, memory blurs..

Also, Id like to see clerics as an anti-necromancer.. perhaps, if necromancers can summon evil spirits, clerics can summon good spirits~