Forums » News and Announcements

Payment Plans Are Going Away, Grab One While You Still Can!

• 9115 posts
    November 23, 2017 3:58 AM PST

Do you already have pre-alpha testing access? If not and you're on the fence, you better hurry! We will stop all pledge payment plans on Nov 26, 2017, so be sure to grab yours while you still can! http://www.pantheonmmo.com/join/ #PRF #communitymatters

• 319 posts
    November 23, 2017 4:30 AM PST

I thought I heard in the twitch that plans would be available until 12/20/2017?

• 28 posts
    November 23, 2017 5:05 AM PST

Already got my pre alpha testing plan :) and can not wait until you finally open the pre alpha testing phase

• 188 posts
    November 23, 2017 6:11 AM PST

Isaya said:

I thought I heard in the twitch that plans would be available until 12/20/2017?

That is only for the "pay in full" option.  Kilsin is referring to the monthly payment plan option.

• 6 posts
    November 23, 2017 6:29 AM PST

Kilsin,

The Hype train succeeded! I was on the fence till the last round of twitch streams. I am hooked and reeled in. Add my sub to the pile.

#MonkLife

~QTM

• 3852 posts
    November 23, 2017 7:09 AM PST

Thank you for the alert it is great to get advance warning (prefers paying in full so if this is just about the 12 month plans I can ignore it).

• 71 posts
    November 23, 2017 8:38 AM PST

Yea, this just refers to the payment plan options.  The pay in full option should be available until December twentieth.

• 98 posts
    November 23, 2017 8:59 AM PST

I will play the game once it goes live (thanks, poverty), so I fully expect everyone in pre-alpha, alpha, and beta to test the bajoobies out of this game and then I will join you on the flipside :)

• 24 posts
    November 23, 2017 11:07 AM PST

I too was on the fence, the Stream pushed me over.

• 56 posts
    November 23, 2017 1:06 PM PST

The tech stream was the last one for me before I upped my sub...

• 1404 posts
    November 23, 2017 3:11 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Do you already have pre-alpha testing access? If not and you're on the fence, you better hurry! We will stop all pledge payment plans on Nov 26, 2017, so be sure to grab yours while you still can! http://www.pantheonmmo.com/join/ #PRF #communitymatters

Hey Kils

Can I ask you to clarify a bit what is meant by the highlighted statement?

Some think that means ALL pledges.

I read it as only the monthly payment plans are going away.

What's going to happen to the Alpha and Beta pledges?

• 1921 posts
    November 23, 2017 3:40 PM PST

From the 20171121 cohh Making of a City:

__14:07
    BD: Just to let everybody know as well that we are closing off the pre-alpha access pledges on the 26th at midnight pacific time.  
    C: Of this month?  [November]
    BD: Of this month.
    C: So, five days from now?
    BD: Exactly.
    C: Ok
    BD: I should restate that.  We're closing off the pledge packages, at least for the payment options on the 26th.  And then on the 20th of December is the last day to purchase a package that includes pre-alpha.  Because we're really really close and our numbers are getting to the point where we want them for pre-alpha, so we're going to have to shut it off.  Anyway, without further ado, this would be a perfect opportunity.. you're seeing the gate in front of us now..  but if you bring up 'pic 1, gate A' we'll see how this started, and I'll hand it back to Chris and Jared.

• 9115 posts
    November 23, 2017 3:56 PM PST

Zorkon said:

Kilsin said:

Hey Kils

Can I ask you to clarify a bit what is meant by the highlighted statement?

Some think that means ALL pledges.

I read it as only the monthly payment plans are going away.

What's going to happen to the Alpha and Beta pledges?

Exactly what it says man, all pledge payment plans will be cut and you will only be able to purchase pledges in one lump sum payment, this only affects all pre-alpha and Alpha pledges in the VIP and Champion tiers.

When pre-alpha starts, we will most likely remove pre-alpha from pledges too, so keep that in mind if you're on the fence, this is your last call for pre-alpha :)

• 1095 posts
    November 23, 2017 6:37 PM PST

Kilsin said:

When pre-alpha starts, we will most likely remove pre-alpha from pledges too, so keep that in mind if you're on the fence, this is your last call for pre-alpha :)

Start the pre-alpha guessing date game. lol

This post was edited by Aich at November 24, 2017 4:04 PM PST
    • 166 posts
    November 24, 2017 8:16 AM PST

Kilsin said:When pre-alpha starts, we will most likely remove pre-alpha from pledges too, so keep that in mind if you're on the fence, this is your last call for pre-alpha :)

Is this a Hint, that Pre Alpha is starting December the 21st?

We have the 26th of November as concrete Date when the payment plans for Pre Alpha will go.

We have the 20th of December as concrete Date when the Pre Alpha packages will be removed.

If I combine the second conrecte statement and Kilsins vague statement about when Pre Alpha packages will be completely removed, then I came to the conclusion, that Pre Alpha will start at December the 21st. Well even the second concrete statement would hint in that direction, but with the other statement it is even more clear to me. If this is true, what I believe, then my initial guess with Pre Alpha starting at December 16th is not that off.

• 470 posts
    November 24, 2017 9:04 AM PST

Landbert said:

Kilsin said:When pre-alpha starts, we will most likely remove pre-alpha from pledges too, so keep that in mind if you're on the fence, this is your last call for pre-alpha :)

We have the 26th of November as concrete Date when the payment plans for Pre Alpha will go.

We have the 20th of December as concrete Date when the Pre Alpha packages will be removed.

If I combine the second conrecte statement and Kilsins vague statement about when Pre Alpha packages will be completely removed, then I came to the conclusion, that Pre Alpha will start at December the 21st. Well even the second concrete statement would hint in that direction, but with the other statement it is even more clear to me. If this is true, what I believe, then my initial guess with Pre Alpha starting at December 16th is not that off. 

Pure speculation on my part, but I would assume they will start earlier in December only because pre-alpha is supposedly going to be a solid focus on testing that will likely be done in batches (I could be wrong). If so though, they will likely want to get some testing in before all the devs head out for the holidays.

Then again for all I know they could open the doors on Christmas day.

This post was edited by Kratuk at November 24, 2017 9:05 AM PST
    • 1095 posts
    November 24, 2017 4:01 PM PST

Kratuk said: 

Pure speculation on my part, but I would assume they will start earlier in December only because pre-alpha is supposedly going to be a solid focus on testing that will likely be done in batches (I could be wrong). If so though, they will likely want to get some testing in before all the devs head out for the holidays.

Then again for all I know they could open the doors on Christmas day.

I'm go with either Dec 4th, 11th or 18th. The testing will be scheduled and I'm sure they won'nt start it on the weekend so peole can be at work to help resolve initial probems. This gives a few days after ti starts for peopel to buy in, generates hype for more pre-alpha pledges because after they cut off the monthly payment I think they will announce the date to further the hype.

This post was edited by Aich at November 24, 2017 4:02 PM PST
    • 3016 posts
    November 24, 2017 7:14 PM PST

sorn said:

I will play the game once it goes live (thanks, poverty), so I fully expect everyone in pre-alpha, alpha, and beta to test the bajoobies out of this game and then I will join you on the flipside :)

Will do!!  Cross my heart.  :)

Cana

• 3016 posts
    November 24, 2017 7:16 PM PST

Landbert said:

We have a lot of sleuths on this forum...I think your deductions might just be right bang on.  lol

• 557 posts
    November 24, 2017 8:01 PM PST

I have this theory about pre-alpha.   The devs have been fairly consistent in the streams about calling it "Pre-alpha One".

So I suspect there are going to be many pre-alpha's where you possibly don't have access to Pantheon between the testing phases.  Just a guess here, but I've been in other games at this stage where you were in for a given number of days, the devs closed access, compiled the feedback, made changes then opened up the next round, each with specific goals.

I wonder how many pre-alpha rounds there are going to be.   It's obviously more than just pre-alpha, alpha, beta or they wouldn't be stacking that "One" on there when they mention pre-alpha.

I also suspect that the game is pre-alpha ready, but they are working very hard to get things ready for volume testing, checking the bug reporters are working, etc...  In their shoes, I know that's what I'd be focused on right now.

This post was edited by Celandor at November 24, 2017 8:02 PM PST
    • 66 posts
    November 25, 2017 8:36 AM PST

So, the payment plans for Pre-Alpha really helped me as I just can’t drop $1K on a game (we won’t mention how much I spent on Black Thursday/Friday so far this Year).  I encourage everyone to get it.  I did it last year and I’m all done with payments.  Best decision ever.

As sad as I am about the access going away, it’s just means that PA1 is almost here.  I. CANNOT.  WAIT!!!

• 3016 posts
    November 25, 2017 10:30 AM PST

Raeyna said:

So, the payment plans for Pre-Alpha really helped me as I just can’t drop $1K on a game (we won’t mention how much I spent on Black Thursday/Friday so far this Year).  I encourage everyone to get it.  I did it last year and I’m all done with payments.  Best decision ever.

As sad as I am about the access going away, it’s just means that PA1 is almost here.  I. CANNOT.  WAIT!!!

You and me both Raeyna,  my patience is finally paying off,  can't wait either. :)

Cana

• 30 posts
    November 26, 2017 8:54 AM PST

Landbert said:

Funny thing about concrete - it can be deceiving.  Dont stand on concrete until you know it is set!  (good logic but I dont think we know in this case)

This post was edited by Kickaha at November 26, 2017 8:55 AM PST
    • 2138 posts
    November 27, 2017 8:02 AM PST

The way I see it is: Pre-alpha testing access with a payment plan, is now gone. Pre-alpha testing access for full price, no payment plan, is still available. So instead of being able to pay it off over a few months, if you want pre-alpha testing access you need to pay for it all at once. (alot of credit cards still have 0 pct financing for 15months or so now, at least until lthe fed raises raises rates maybe in Dec)

The pre-alpha testing access is still available untill Dec 20th so..

I am assuming they will close the Pre-alpha testing access (full payment only)  just before they want to begin pre-alpha testing.

So, My assumption is sometime after Dec 20th maybe. A nice time would be between christmas and new years. Close for christmas then open for log in dec 26th or even Dec 31st, you know people are going to be up- lol- change their plans for new years. 

• 60 posts
    November 27, 2017 10:31 AM PST

There is a bug on the website.  On the top of the pledge pages, it still shows VIP pledge plans from $100/mo+, but when you go to pledge, you no longer have the $100/mo option.  Recommend changing $100/mo+ at the top to $1000+.