Forums » Pantheon Classes

Necro idea

• 200 posts
    November 18, 2017 2:08 PM PST

Well not necesarily an idea, but also a question as to if and to what extent this ability would be implemented into the game:

I remember in EQ necros could sacrifice their own health to replinish their own mana. I can't remember if they could also replinish others mana (or maybe I am thinking about Vanguard Blood mage?) Regardless, it's been too long for me to remember.

I like the idea of Necros being the "mana healer" class on top of their dots, siphon and pet abilities. This would help the necro contribute more to the group. Pantheon seems to be different in that mobs have a significant amount of HP. In EQ most mobs would drop so fast that necero dots were kinda useless in groups.

This shouldn't necesarily  be a cleric equivalent but some minor to medium mana healing abilities. I would have to look at a stream again, but can you see someone eles mana percentage like health?

Maybe this is a better ability/topic for the enchanter class?

Anyway, I am newly registered but have been semi following Pantheon for a year now. Cannot wait for this game! Thanks for reading!

WarKnight

• 633 posts
    November 18, 2017 6:44 PM PST

Necromancers in EQ eventually got the subversion line of spells that allowed them to transfer their mana to another character.  They were known as mana batteries during raids after that.

• 200 posts
    November 18, 2017 8:01 PM PST

ahhhh yea. that's right. 

• 18 posts
    November 19, 2017 10:09 PM PST

I was personally fine with that.. With Demi-Lich I could toss a few dots on the mobs/boss, and still have mana left to dump to the cleric heal chain.

May not be the most flashy role, but one which helped the group (especially on long fights). I'm fine with that being part of my role.

~Winter

• 200 posts
    November 20, 2017 8:44 AM PST

Maybe if it had a 2-5 minute cooldown, it wouldn't turn necro's into just "mana batteries" it might add some strategy on when or who to use it on depending on how a fight is going. 

But judging by how long fights last in streams it seems necros will be much more usefull in groups than in EQ.

• 633 posts
    November 20, 2017 10:29 AM PST

A better option would be to have a buff/debuff that slowly drained your mana (or maybe HP) and transfered it to your target as mana over time.  Have it so that you could cancel it at any time, and could only have it on a single person.  If the necro gets below a certain % of remaining mana (or HP), then the buff cancels automatically.

This would prevent a necro from becoming a mana battery only, as they could continue doing whatever they needed.  They would just have to be careful not to run out of mana if someone is relying on them for their mana supply.