Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Wondering/re-itemized inanimate objects

• 51 posts
    November 18, 2017 12:37 PM PST

I apologize if there is another post on this subjec, but I could not find one based on keyword search.

I was reading a thread about how long to reach max level when I thought it might be interesting to have bonus items that re-itemize in different places and locations.

I.e. you enter your local tavern for the 15th time, upon entering you receive a pop up that says something along the lines of: You notice that there is something different about the room since you last visited. This prompts you to search the room looking for something new. Perhaps the reward is not game changing but is something that increases your out of combat speed for 1 hour or you can change the color of your cloak.

The overarching idea is for the players to re-explore things if they desire and for the players to appreciate and explore their surroundings, be it in a town or dungeon or main boss room(s). The rewards would be level appropriate and not game changing but things that create the possibility of making the next trip worth while or different or just slowing down a bit to enjoy the surroundings. Whenever I would enter an in-game library I thought it would be cool to find a unexpected book or parchment. Not something for a quest, but something that was just random and might never spawn in that location again. And the game server might randomize these objects on a random schedule.

So, instead of powering through a dungeon, a group might spend a few moments looking at the objects in a room to see if something is found. Perhaps a scroll that leads to another dungeon, that cant be entered without the scroll. And then next time the scroll populates in a main town library until found again or re-itemized in another location if not found.

• 1281 posts
    November 18, 2017 12:40 PM PST

That sounds interesting.  Maybe tie it into the perception skill.

• 51 posts
    November 18, 2017 12:43 PM PST

That would be cool as well!