Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Skeletal Corpse

• 24 posts
    November 16, 2017 12:17 PM PST

To me the picture looks like a MOB corpse not a player corpse but yes I like seeing player corpses clothed if not looted and naked if looted.

• 3016 posts
    November 16, 2017 12:24 PM PST

sorn said:

I want to see a body in the process of decay! Like it starts out looking kinda fresh after dying but gradually it rots away to a skeleton. But that would be super gross and sometimes corpses explode so maybe that's not such a great idea.

In EQ currently,  (Agnarr server anyways)  your corpse remains even if you loot it,  you have to type /decay for it to go away,  which doesn't make much sense to me,   some folks just leave it..and in the old days,  that would add to memory if corpses were everywhere.   Not sure which company implemented that...SOE or Daybreak,  not sure why one would leave multiple corpses or want to leave multiple corpses laying around.   Only way I would see that in the old days, if someone had bound themselves in a bad location and a deathloop was happening...used to see multiple corpses lying around at the base of some high tower in Wow..would think to myseld !newbies!   hehehehe  Yes I realize you have a command to hide all corpses...just the same,  quit cluttering up the scenery dang it. :D

Cana

• 557 posts
    November 16, 2017 1:44 PM PST

I'm sure we'll see proper corpse management tools.   EQ had the /corpse command as noted above.  It also had /hidecorpse with parameters you could specify to only show the corpses for people in your group, etc...   I think a further refinement to show the corpse for a particular player would be nice to have.

I like the skeletons and I'd say it's least a way to distinguish the dead from the monks, but then we have necros...  if they get skellie illusion we're back to square one.

How about skeletons for corpses that are too old to rez?

This post was edited by Celandor at November 16, 2017 1:46 PM PST
    • 334 posts
    November 16, 2017 2:36 PM PST

How about animated.. so even a ranger can see when the poor bastard died? (3 hours ago, give or take a minute, considering the flies, ants, maggots, fungus)
    Start with turning corpse grey scale so you can see it's shutting down.

• 1404 posts
    November 16, 2017 7:41 PM PST

Could be placeholder. The way I understand it little to nothing is set in stone at this point.

That doesn't mean we can't start offering ideas and opinions on it so they're here for review when the time comes for them to finalize it.

• 17 posts
    November 19, 2017 10:14 AM PST

I like the skeleton.

• 109 posts
    November 21, 2017 3:34 PM PST

Why does this have to be an either or situation at all?  Rotting corpses would make more sense and would serve as a way to determine how long the person has been dead as well.  Depending on how fancy they want to get with it they could have several layers over a period of days eventually ending with a skeleton or even a pile of bone dust.