Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Whats it going to take to make Pantheon right.

• 49 posts
    November 16, 2017 4:23 PM PST

Some of you seem to be taking the OP wrong, in my opinion. He's not necessarily saying what is/isn't/won't be in Pantheon. He's generating a discussion about what fellow players would like to see in the game to make it right for them, while listing some of his own. Obviously that's all going to be subjective, but it has nothing to do with having played/tested the game in its current state. No developer is perfect, and they can't think of absolutely everything. These types of discussions can spark ideas for them to think on, whether direct or indirect, that could flow with their design intent and direction. I don't think it's reasonable to try and stifle discussions like this just because you're in love with what's listed on the about page. We're all here for what's listed there.

For me, I'd like to see an intuitively designed combat/interface and targeting that flows without being visually cluttered or cumbersome to navigate. I'd also like to see the rich content that we believe we'll be getting to not just be content for the sake of content, but to have reason and rationale to do it, to partake in it (beyond player driven/meta).

• 45 posts
    November 17, 2017 9:43 AM PST

Nevron said:

Obviously that's all going to be subjective, but it has nothing to do with having played/tested the game in its current state. No developer is perfect, and they can't think of absolutely everything. These types of discussions can spark ideas for them to think on, whether direct or indirect, that could flow with their design intent and direction. I don't think it's reasonable to try and stifle discussions like this just because you're in love with what's listed on the about page. We're all here for what's listed there.

Could not have said it better myself. How disapointed I am at some of these responses on this perfectly reasonable thread. Having been on the other side of games, I know for a FACT that developers read the comments of their player base for inspiration, ideas and direction. It is up to THEM to chose what is valid for their vision and what is not. Suppressing people of their expression is a fast track to nowhere and, in my opinion, should never be done. Sad really.

An MMO without PvP is not a complete MMO for me. Being able to achieve the same level of gear, skill and/or status through PvP is a dream come true. Albeit not always in the cards. There is such a clear line between PvPers and PvEers that sometimes it is forgotten that PvPers ( more often than not ) prefer to PvP! It would be a Utopian world where the two could mesh is some amazing system that rewards both equally in the environment they love, but, due to mechanics, is not always feasible.

I would encourage this community to be more open minded about the ideas of others - we are all here for what Pantheon offers....obviously, but there is little harm in making some suggestions. Dream on Pantheoans!

This post was edited by Piratess at November 17, 2017 11:51 AM PST
    • 106 posts
    November 17, 2017 12:08 PM PST

Short answer:

As long as the devs make the game they intended to make when they started this thing, it will be right.