Forums » The Dwarves

Are all Dwarves blue?

• 131 posts
    November 11, 2017 12:07 PM PST

I know skin tone choice is usually a thing in character customization but are all dwarves going to be blue? How much skin color variation will there be and what types? Will it ever go as far as a caucasian skin tone? Will it go from aqua greenish colors or all the way over to more purple colors?

• 996 posts
    November 12, 2017 11:13 AM PST

When watching past Streams it appears skin color can change from Blue to Grey to more normal colors as well. Althought these where demos, and colors could have not been final :)

• 4209 posts
    November 13, 2017 5:39 AM PST

The first Coldark Dwarves in Terminus were not made of flesh, but of a magical combination of ice and stone, so I would expect their appearance to only range from gray to various shades of blue. I suppose it's probable that there are other non-Coldark types of Dwarves in the world. But I believe the only playable type of dwarf is the Coldark.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at November 13, 2017 8:38 AM PST
    • 11 posts
    February 27, 2019 12:26 PM PST

I literally had the exact same question for a while now. Thanks Bazgrim, your reply helps at least point at a likely outcome. We shall see. Hopefully you can at least go light/dark gray light/dark blue so there is some variation. 

But I personally wouldn't want to play a Dwarf that looks like a Dragon Ball Z'd Smurf.... or would I?

• 1493 posts
    February 27, 2019 12:29 PM PST
    • 44 posts
    March 31, 2019 1:29 PM PDT

You know, I was coming to actually make a comment about this as well. Something to me seems off about these Dwarves. I read the lore and understand, but they just look weird to me, they have more of a gargoyle feel to them than a Dwarf feel. I guess I will have to wait and see the end result in skins and choices before being critical in thought about them.

I mean if they look like a Duregar Dwarf, I guess that would be cool.

This post was edited by Gomok at March 31, 2019 1:52 PM PDT
    • 76 posts
    April 25, 2019 10:56 AM PDT

Stone comes in Many different colours so why cant dwarves come in differrent colours? i was looking forward to playing a dwarf until i saw they are Lame Smurfs.

• 467 posts
    May 15, 2019 5:54 PM PDT

I really like the look of the dwarfs. I wasn't considering playing one but now it's in my top three. What the heck; good job.  

• 266 posts
    May 28, 2019 9:23 PM PDT

It's still very early to state my full opinion of how races look ingame. I do expect dwarves to be all shades of blue/white/grey/black.  

The way they are presented and drawn convinces me that they do seem to fit in the world of Terminus.

Discarding all things that I know of other dwarves outside Pantheon, I could accept this colourscheme for this race. It just requires an open mind to start to connect anew towards this new dwarf race/style.

Personally, I like the fresh take on them. One just needs to turn off the boxed thinking and have an open mind for this new game and it's races. (no offence here)

• 467 posts
    May 29, 2019 7:06 AM PDT

Totally.  An open mind helps.  In addition, they a) aren't from Terminus and b) were created from stone of Coldark and ice of Ry'Fel. Their appearance is both alien and divine. I agree that the shades of blue will likely be adjustable lighter and darker.   I hadn't considered gray or black but I think that would be great, too.  

This post was edited by Tigersin at May 29, 2019 7:08 AM PDT
    • 148 posts
    June 23, 2019 8:18 AM PDT

I really like this concept art of the dwarven rogue

This post was edited by Kellie at June 23, 2019 8:20 AM PDT