Forums » Store Questions & Feedback

Pre-Alpha Time frame?

• 20 posts
    November 6, 2017 2:39 PM PST

With the recent announcements that not only is the Pre-Alpha set to begin soon, but also that the ability to buy into the Pre-Alpha will be going away. I'm curious if there is any expected or even ballpark numbers on how long VR anticipates the game will be in Pre-Alpha? I've only recently (2 days ago) Looked into Pantheon again after the initial kickstarter campaign. I've already decided that $300 is well worth the investment to help finance the game a little, as well as aid in testing (and of course the ability to play it a little and get some extra bonuses doesn't hurt). However I'm not sure that the extra $700 to hit Pre-Alpha Access is worth it. 

If the plan is Pre-Alpha for 1-2 months before it goes Alpha that's a substancial investment. If it's known that it's going to be in Pre-Alpha for 6+ months then it's highly likely I'd be blowing that money on other hobies/activities while trying to bide my time till Alpha anyway, so the choice to invest the extra becomes much clearer very quickly!

Thank you for any clarification we can get on this, and thank you for all your efforts and hard work to get Pantheon to where it is today regardless!

• 1505 posts
    November 6, 2017 3:09 PM PST

Hi Glorfendill :)  I would say that if you have the extra finances to spare and you are interested in testing this game till the wheels fall off, then sure go for it ! :)  but be quick about it as I think the doors are shutting on testing soon but is well worth it in my opinion.  Testing was stated to begin between / after the holidays 2017 but that's not set in stone.  2018 would be your alpha / beta series but that is just a personal hunch.  Glad to have you here with us , see you in game soon ;) Also this might get bumped being it's in the wrong forum post setting :) This is for Store questions.

This post was edited by Kelem at November 6, 2017 3:11 PM PST
    • 9 posts
    November 7, 2017 7:31 AM PST

I believe pre-Alpha, as they stated, would last as long as needed.  AKA no certain dates as they want to get things to a certain state before they move it into Alpha.

Which was also how they would treat Alpha.

So it could be 6 months, it could be 2 months. My guess is Alpha spring time frame. I think Alpha will be longer but just my opinion.

• 140 posts
    November 7, 2017 8:44 AM PST

Kelem said:

Testing was stated to begin between / after the holidays 2017 but that's not set in stone.  

They actually said Pre-Alpha would be ready "in time" for the holidays. :)

• 20 posts
    November 7, 2017 9:45 AM PST

My question was never so much about exactly when the Pre-Alpha would begin, but rather trying to judge some estimate of how long it might last. 

I was looking for some kind of concept as to whether the pre-alpha would last long enough that I could expect to spend a significant amount of what I would have donated on other entertainment activities just because I was bored with nothing better to do. As it is... I've already broken down and given away $700, so I'm set now... But I imagine there are probably other people still wondering the same thing.

• 2585 posts
    November 7, 2017 11:38 AM PST

Glorfendill said:

My question was never so much about exactly when the Pre-Alpha would begin, but rather trying to judge some estimate of how long it might last. 

I was looking for some kind of concept as to whether the pre-alpha would last long enough that I could expect to spend a significant amount of what I would have donated on other entertainment activities just because I was bored with nothing better to do. As it is... I've already broken down and given away $700, so I'm set now... But I imagine there are probably other people still wondering the same thing.

Unfortunately, there's no way to guarantee how long testing phases will last. So pretty much, as Kelem suggested, the best rule of thumb that I would give anyone is if you are interested in Pre-Alpha testing and can afford to do so, then just go for it! No need to overthink it. There's a lot more perks to being a VIP than just PA testing too :)

Seeing that you have already come to that conclusion, welcome to the VIP club!

• 140 posts
    November 7, 2017 12:03 PM PST

Glorfendill said:

True enough, my bad :)

But ya, as Bazgrim said, there is no way to judge how long PA will last: a month or two; three months or even six.