Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

The Little Things

• 1785 posts
    November 11, 2017 12:33 PM PST

This is kind of standard and I think we take it for granted in most games these days, but I remember games that didn't have it.... so, I want the ability to "link" an item into chat so that my friends/guildies/whoever can see what I'm talking about.

Also, even though I'm opposed to macros that allow you to automate gameplay, I'd like to make sure we have the ability to do basic things like  "/g %t incoming, get ready!".  So limited text macro support, please :)

• 1281 posts
    November 11, 2017 1:08 PM PST

Nephele said:

This is kind of standard and I think we take it for granted in most games these days, but I remember games that didn't have it.... so, I want the ability to "link" an item into chat so that my friends/guildies/whoever can see what I'm talking about.

Also, even though I'm opposed to macros that allow you to automate gameplay, I'd like to make sure we have the ability to do basic things like  "/g %t incoming, get ready!".  So limited text macro support, please :)

I can't remembeer if it was Scars of Velious or Shadows of Luclin, but one of those expansions, they introduced the ability to do that.  It was a really nice feature to have.

• 334 posts
    November 11, 2017 4:07 PM PST

It would also be nice if the mobs did that too:
    "ROAR, puny hooman Nephele incomming to trick us, but we are smart" after which a train of mobs comes down on the puller.

• 1281 posts
    November 11, 2017 4:18 PM PST

Rydan said:

"ROAR, puny hooman Nephele incomming to trick us, but we are smart" after which a train of mobs comes down on the puller.

That would be fricken AWESOME!

I remember when practicing up my pickpocket skill seeing the dreaded "Stop!  Thief!"  The only reason why it was dreaded was because you, invariably, had at least one person in the group that mistakenly believed tha the pickpocket loot table was the same as the drop loot table and they would get angry.

• 1785 posts
    November 11, 2017 4:33 PM PST

Rydan said:

LOL, this forum needs a "like" feature Rydan.  That would be awesome! :)

• 1281 posts
    November 11, 2017 4:37 PM PST

Nephele said:

Rydan said:

LOL, this forum needs a "like" feature Rydan.  That would be awesome! :)

More than once i have wished for a like this post/up-vote feature....hehehe

• 1785 posts
    November 13, 2017 6:37 AM PST

A little thing for today:  Inventory auto-stacking and auto-sorting functionality.  Please :)

• 104 posts
    November 13, 2017 8:04 AM PST

In game games would be cool. Be able to sit at a table that has playable checkers or chess on it.

• 118 posts
    November 13, 2017 8:22 AM PST
    That would be dope. A nice chess board with Terminus lore themed pieces you can sit at and play. Or even better... A custom game like gwent (but not a card game) that you could only access in game in Inns or something. We could have tourney's!
    • 11 posts
    November 13, 2017 8:02 PM PST

Something small, (appropriate) npcs holding torches at night.

• 1785 posts
    November 14, 2017 8:42 AM PST

This might be controversial, but I was reminded of it both by Kos's post and because I spent the night without power last night irl.

Back in EQ, when it got dark.... it got DARK.  You needed a light source, unless you had infravision/ultravision based on your race choice (and even then, the world looked different).

Bring this back.  Make us need torches, lanterns, lightstones, etc :)

• 334 posts
    November 14, 2017 1:55 PM PST

Nephele said:
    This might be controversial, but I was reminded of it both by Kos's post and because I spent the night without power last night irl.
    Back in EQ, when it got dark.... it got DARK.  You needed a light source, unless you had infravision/ultravision based on your race choice (and even then, the world looked different).

spooky atmosphere; slow thread (makes fun longer), though lava pits could make illumination in some dungeons

• 207 posts
    November 14, 2017 6:30 PM PST

Nephele said:

That...sounds...awesome....

• 1785 posts
    November 15, 2017 7:21 AM PST

Little thing for today:  NPC city layouts that feel "real".

We've all played those games where the NPC cities and towns felt more like truck stops for adventurers than places where NPCs actually lived and went about their daily lives.  where the bank was conveniently right next to the blacksmith which was right next to the auction house which was right next to the tavern, so adventurers like us never had to go more than ten steps to get to something we wanted.  Where all the shopkeepers mysteriously sold stuff that adventurers would want.

Convenient?  Heck yeah.  But immersive?

Make NPC cities and towns feel like actual cities and towns.  There should be shops and services set up for the people who "live" there, not just for passing adventurers, like grocers and apothecaries.  They should be spread out.  Maybe the tavern's on one side of town but the bank's on the other.  Hopefully this one makes sense.  It's a little thing, but it makes the world feel much more real.

• 3016 posts
    November 15, 2017 11:07 AM PST

If you're going to have children running around in a village, make sure they are invulnerable and unkillable.    We all know that a different faction loves to come to town and kill everything in sight, including all guards.   I remember reading somewhere that ..that at first was the reason why they didn't have children running about in cities.    Anyway we'll see what VR does with this. :)

• 3016 posts
    November 15, 2017 11:09 AM PST

Nephele said:

Yup and Barbarians were almost blind at night,   I was a high elf and had a Barbarian that got off the boat in Butcher Block ..ask me to lead him to the zone out,  I carried a greater light stone with me which created a glow around my character.   So he just followed me out.  :)   

• 769 posts
    November 15, 2017 11:27 AM PST

Adding - I don't know if this is something that all games have, but I only ever used it in EQ. The ability to create pulling/mezzing/slowing/etc macros for group - or for any method of chat. 

Being able to say in /group "Orc Warrior Incoming, brandish your weapons!"

Or creating a macro for /Auction

Make it easy to do. I'm pretty dumb when it comes to computers. 

• 334 posts
    November 15, 2017 5:59 PM PST

Nephele said:

chamber potty + window = real xp for Nephele

• 1281 posts
    November 16, 2017 6:03 AM PST

Nephele said:

We've all played those games where the NPC cities and towns felt more like truck stops for adventurers than places where NPCs actually lived and went about their daily lives.  where the bank was conveniently right next to the blacksmith which was right next to the auction house which was right next to the tavern, so adventurers like us never had to go more than ten steps to get to something we wanted.  Where all the shopkeepers mysteriously sold stuff that adventurers would want.

Convenient?  Heck yeah.  But immersive?

Make NPC cities and towns feel like actual cities and towns.  There should be shops and services set up for the people who "live" there, not just for passing adventurers, like grocers and apothecaries.  They should be spread out.  Maybe the tavern's on one side of town but the bank's on the other.  Hopefully this one makes sense.  It's a little thing, but it makes the world feel much more real.

Some of the cities in the old EQ had the "truck stop" feeling.  Others felt great.  Same for Vanguard.  The problem with the cities in EQ and Vaanguard, even the ones that wwere laid out great, was "llife".  The life in the cities was terrible.  What few NPCs there were, it was obvious that they were either tethered to one very small area or had a very short loop that they were running on.  The loops didn't change by time of day or season.  That's one thing that we need.  longer NPC loops that change.  Maybe they change by time of day, season, triggered event, whatever.

• 1785 posts
    November 16, 2017 8:23 AM PST

Little thing for today:  The ability to preview what an item will look like while worn/wielded.  This might be tough to do, but for the fashion-conscious, it's really important and will make us love the game more :)

• 334 posts
    November 16, 2017 8:47 AM PST

Nephele said:
    Little thing for today:  The ability to preview what an item will look like while worn/wielded.  This might be tough to do, but for the fashion-conscious, it's really important and will make us love the game more :)

I totally forgot you have that in EQ1; it shows your character and can tilt pan zoom in a black background

• 84 posts
    November 16, 2017 4:58 PM PST

Kalok said:

Rydan said:

I remember when practicing up my pickpocket skill seeing the dreaded "Stop!  Thief!"  The only reason why it was dreaded was because you, invariably, had at least one person in the group that mistakenly believed tha the pickpocket loot table was the same as the drop loot table and they would get angry.

Lol dude. It was the same in EQ.

This post was edited by Nydan at November 16, 2017 4:58 PM PST
    • 1281 posts
    November 16, 2017 5:05 PM PST

Nydan said:

Kalok said:

Rydan said:

That's what I was talking about.

• 84 posts
    November 16, 2017 8:14 PM PST

Kalok said:

Nydan said:

Kalok said:

Rydan said:

That's what I was talking about.

Well, my experience playing 2 different rogues to max level and being a guy who pick pocketed on the regular, including lots of soloing hill giants, says it was the same loot pool. But granted that's just circumstantial evidence.

• 2419 posts
    November 16, 2017 8:22 PM PST

I'd like to see areas in dungeons where there are no lights/sconces so players need to carry a torch.  Lose your torch, it goes completely dark...and you get eaten by a grue.