Forums » The Ogres

#TeamOgre represent!

• 67 posts
    November 4, 2017 5:12 PM PDT

Who is on #TeamOgre ...lets hear from you!!!

Ogre Dire Lord here. I am going Ogre and never looking back!

#TeamOgre

• 2587 posts
    November 4, 2017 6:29 PM PDT

#OgreWarrior4Lyfe

• 753 posts
    November 4, 2017 6:38 PM PDT

#Dwarfpaladin :P

• 67 posts
    November 4, 2017 6:58 PM PDT

oneADseven said:

#OgreWarrior4Lyfe

*The Ogre glances over at his brother in arms and nods slightly*

((yay team Ogre!!))

• 67 posts
    November 4, 2017 6:58 PM PDT

Riahuf22 said:

Ah, a bite size snack for my Dire Lord...see you on the battlefield, Dwarf...

• 753 posts
    November 4, 2017 7:15 PM PDT

Hateborn said:

Riahuf22 said:

Ah, a bite size snack for my Dire Lord...see you on the battlefield, Dwarf...

LOL, you can think of that all the tme i'll be enjoying my ale, and touching my beard while talking of epic battles, and funny stories of how ogres can't walk through doors without breaking something haha

• 27 posts
    November 4, 2017 9:10 PM PDT
    Grux has almost always been an ogre. I don't see that changing here
    • 473 posts
    November 4, 2017 9:13 PM PDT

Team ogre is great!  I prefer mine with BBQ suace.  ALthough the lemon pepper type is pretty good too.

• 103 posts
    November 4, 2017 10:15 PM PDT

I won't fully decide on a race before before we get to see them all in action, and before I finalize on what class to play.

Druid/Shaman Ogre looks like the most likely candiate so far though, as the Ogre animations and model have looked the most impressive so far out of what we've seen.

• 1155 posts
    November 4, 2017 10:54 PM PDT

#OgreShaman checking in.

• 103 posts
    November 4, 2017 11:51 PM PDT

I'm team hairy pimply gross booger-y ogre, give ogres weird back hair and chronic acne!!

• 169 posts
    November 5, 2017 3:07 PM PST

I'll be here... there... everywhere

• 8205 posts
    November 5, 2017 3:27 PM PST

Moved to the Ogre subforums ;)

• 25 posts
    November 7, 2017 2:51 PM PST

Riahuf22 said:

YAY!!! Ogre Warriors need Footballs to Punt!

• 12 posts
    November 8, 2017 1:47 PM PST

Pahkesh, Ogre Shamaness waiting eagerly to get some gaming and RP on. 

• 27 posts
    November 26, 2017 1:59 PM PST

#ogrewarriorforlyfe

• 295 posts
    November 27, 2017 8:16 AM PST

Ogres are the strongest and toughest of all the races in Terminus regardless of what class they pick there is none stronger!  That being said the strongest of the strongest ogres are always Warriors.  We do not need to rely on some magical interferrence to win.  We either eat the vanquished or are the vanquished.  The loser makes the other stronger...

• 88 posts
    December 22, 2017 2:56 PM PST

Alt Shaman Ogre for me in beta and release, with an all Ogre team of RL friends.  at least the 4 classes they offer I guess for now

Team Ogre! with my RL friends group of alts

This post was edited by Suterian at December 22, 2017 5:52 PM PST
    • 44 posts
    January 2, 2018 4:36 AM PST

Og for sure =)

• 1194 posts
    January 3, 2018 1:53 AM PST

My first and probably main character will surely be an Ogre warrior, played with my beloved as an Ogre Shaman.

While I plan to have some alts, for sure a Dark Myr Dire lord, and probably something like an Archai Monk and a humain Ranger, I don't think I will spread myself too much in this game, or I hope I won't.

• 23 posts
    October 27, 2018 1:59 PM PDT

Ogres are looking good!

This post was edited by KingKinlaf at December 10, 2018 10:58 AM PST
    • 1155 posts
    November 15, 2018 7:22 AM PST

Sooo....the Ogres have been redesigned a bit.  They now seem less bulky and more...orcish.  I'll have to wait and see the model in action before I decide how I like it.  I do appreciate decreasing their flabby-ness a bit though.

• 728 posts
    November 15, 2018 9:48 AM PST

As I said recently in another thread, I'm just sort of /shrug on the character models at this point.  I will of course still continue to see how things progress going forward and as we approach launch, but currently the character models are unlikely to play a massive role in my decision.

• 1155 posts
    November 15, 2018 9:52 AM PST

Nikademis said:

As I said recently in another thread, I'm just sort of /shrug on the character models at this point.  I will of course still continue to see how things progress going forward and as we approach launch, but currently the character models are unlikely to play a massive role in my decision.

I'm with you on that.  Character models just don't make/break a game for me.  It always comes down to gameplay in the end.

• 728 posts
    November 15, 2018 11:06 AM PST

Vandraad said:

Nikademis said:

I'm with you on that.  Character models just don't make/break a game for me.  It always comes down to gameplay in the end.

Agreed.  I'll quote from another thread for my general thoughts on the models and graphics in general:

Well I guess my question would be, are these the final iterations of the character models? 

I can't say that I'm in love with any of them, or I guess I should say that I don't think that they are a massive upgrade to what we had previously seen so I'm just sort of apathetic at this point.  Frankly, I'm not one to make a stink about graphics one way or another - I have never had issue separating game-play and graphical fidelity.  With that said, I would really need to see all of the models in-game and in relation to all of the other models and the game world to really make a final judgment.  For example, I never really liked many of the Vanguard character models, especially in relation to the rest of the game world.  But I loved the game-play (for the most part) and I thought that Telon was incredible world in both design and graphical fidelity, so I never let the character models bother me.

tl;dr: Regardless of my final assessment of the models, game-play will always supersede graphics for me.

That said, I'm still interested in seeing the full line-up.  I'm still intrigued and slightly perplexed by the Skarr so I'm looking forward to seeing them in game, and I think the Archai still have great potential to be very cool.  But based on what we've seen so far, its much more likely that I will stray from a particular race because I just don't like the look then I will chose one because I'm so in love with them.