Forums » News and Announcements

It's Time To Spill The Beans...Hype!!

• 643 posts
    October 21, 2017 3:01 PM PDT

Between a pre-alpha date and the last stream/demo, I was compelled to upgrade my support profile - went up another tier.

• 557 posts
    October 21, 2017 3:05 PM PDT

Does anyone do any work in the US between Thanksgiving and New Years?   Can we assume "before the Holidays" meant Thanksgiving?

• 73 posts
    October 21, 2017 3:06 PM PDT

Nice demo. Everytime you guys release anything it's a huge improvement. I'm jealous all you pre-alphas... I want some beans.

• 211 posts
    October 21, 2017 3:06 PM PDT

I'm excited, and I'm not even in the pre-alpha! Just means my access (alpha) is getting closer!

• 20 posts
    October 21, 2017 3:09 PM PDT

So ready to get testing, I'll be checking my emails a lot more frequently now

• 1860 posts

So holiday means new years eve...otherwise the would have just said next year.

• 470 posts

VicNuggets said:

Nice demo. Everytime you guys release anything it's a huge improvement. I'm jealous all you pre-alphas... I want some beans.

Bringing
    Exciting
    Alpha
    News

>.> Beans.

This post was edited by Kratuk at October 21, 2017 3:10 PM PDT
    • 68 posts

Celandor said:

Does anyone do any work in the US between Thanksgiving and New Years?   Can we assume "before the Holidays" meant Thanksgiving?

I take it to mean Any time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I for one was brought up in the belief that "Holiday Season" starts at Thanksgiving.

This post was edited by Griffbane at October 21, 2017 3:10 PM PDT
    • 68 posts
    October 21, 2017 3:10 PM PDT

Kratuk said:

VicNuggets said:

Bringing
    Exciting
    Alpha
    News

>.> Beans.

ROFL Nice!

• 3852 posts
    October 21, 2017 3:13 PM PDT

I'll give a legal opinion - "by the holidays would mean BEFORE Thanksgiving. They didn't say by the end of the year or around the holidays or before the end of the holidays from what people posted here - they said "by the holidays" which is clear and unambiguous.

Time to decide whether to upgrade to pre-alpha or wait for alpha. I doubt if they will change the pledge levels without any advance notice and I look here almost every day.

• 19 posts
    October 21, 2017 3:15 PM PDT

I think the holiday season starts Thanksgiving. "By the Holidays" should mean we are in before that! 

• 68 posts
    October 21, 2017 3:16 PM PDT

dorotea said:

I'll give a legal opinion - "by the holidays would mean BEFORE Thanksgiving. They didn't say by the end of the year or around the holidays or before the end of the holidays from what people posted here - they said "by the holidays" which is clear and unambiguous.

Time to decide whether to upgrade to pre-alpha or wait for alpha. I doubt if they will change the pledge levels without any advance notice and I look here almost every day.

They said the pledges with PA will be available another couple of weeks.

• 7 posts
    October 21, 2017 3:18 PM PDT

They also announced that pre-alpha would be getting removed from the pledges in two weeks.

• 37 posts
    October 21, 2017 3:36 PM PDT

Game looks better and better every time I see it! Can't wait to play!

• 174 posts
    October 21, 2017 3:51 PM PDT

Does this mean the new forums are just about ready?

• 595 posts
    October 21, 2017 3:55 PM PDT

Graivus said:

I think the holiday season starts Thanksgiving. "By the Holidays" should mean we are in before that! 

In my opinion, there is almost no way they mean (American) Thanksgiving.  Ben is Canadian guys... he didn't just include an American holiday in his definition of "the holidays".  Canadian Thanksgiving is in October.  "The holidays" almost certainly means the time surrounding Christmas and New Year.  Beyond that, if prealpha was ~4 weeks away we very likely would have received a definitive date rather than a nebulous timeframe.

What struck me more about this announcement was the lack of a date.

• 91 posts
    October 21, 2017 3:58 PM PDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agehT95J7FU

This post was edited by lyrina at October 21, 2017 4:00 PM PDT
    • 287 posts
    October 21, 2017 4:04 PM PDT

Excited to hear.  Will be pledging soon.

• 3852 posts
    October 21, 2017 4:44 PM PDT

Thanks for passing on the information about the demise of the pre-alpha pledge in a few weeks.

It will be available when it is available and not a day earlier.

• 1120 posts
    October 21, 2017 6:34 PM PDT

Griffbane said:

Celandor said:

I take it to mean Any time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I for one was brought up in the belief that "Holiday Season" starts at Thanksgiving.

This.  I assume mid december or so

• 470 posts
    October 21, 2017 6:44 PM PDT

Porygon said:

I wish I could count the times that a dev has said this over the years and we all have to speculater the when part of the "holidays" statement. Unfortunately there's not going to be a solid answer here but what I can say from experience is that the start date will probably fall somewhere between a week from Thanksgiving up to Christmas. I imagine they do that to have some wiggle room if anything goes horribly wrong. One fun example, BioWare said SWTOR was coming holidays 2011, and they release right at Christmas (December 20th I think, though that may have been the head start as it's been a while).

Suffice to say, it's almost go time, people.  Get that sucker ready for alpha. See you then. :)

• 39 posts
    October 21, 2017 7:00 PM PDT

Kratuk said:

Porygon said:

I wish I could count the times that a dev has said this over the years and we all have to speculater the when part of the "holidays" statement. Unfortunately there's not going to be a solid answer here but what I can say from experience is that the start date will probably fall somewhere between a week from Thanksgiving up to Christmas. I imagine they do that to have some wiggle room if anything goes horribly wrong. One fun example, BioWare said SWTOR was coming holidays 2011, and they release right at Christmas (December 20th I think, though that may have been the head start as it's been a while).

Suffice to say, it's almost go time, people.  Get that sucker ready for alpha. See you then. :)

I'm sure they will have a date on the next Pre-Alpha Status Update on the 31st with more information 

• 82 posts
    October 21, 2017 7:14 PM PDT

yay, to bad im to poor for pre alpha but i cant wait to get into alpha hopefully in the next 6 or so months.

• 1120 posts
    October 21, 2017 8:09 PM PDT

Ultra said:

yay, to bad im to poor for pre alpha but i cant wait to get into alpha hopefully in the next 6 or so months.

Same.  Had to fix my car, move into a new place.  Tapped out of extra money!

• 753 posts
    October 21, 2017 8:20 PM PDT

Heh - while somewhat major surgery is never a grand thing... If we are in pre-alpha in December... I'll be out of work for 4-6 weeks while I recover.  Sounds like 4-6 weeks of pre-alpha testing for me :)