Forums » The Halflings

Halfling Shaman?

• 298 posts
    October 12, 2017 11:13 PM PDT

I haven't even got through all of the newsletter yet and I have a question:

"Jared: Indeed, things like the more natural materials available to our Halflings informed the manner in which the classes were represented within the race. It's more straightforward to depict a Halfling Shaman in the classic stereotypical sense as we might know them, given what we have come to know of Shamans and their penchant for wearing natural world components, like furs and bones, but handling the visual treatment for a Halfling rogue with the same sensibilities in mind certainly makes for a unique racial/class combination. It was the race itself and the crafting materials available to it that largely drove the look and feel of the classes."

Shaman is not a playable race for Halfling. Is this an oversight?

This post was edited by philo at October 12, 2017 11:19 PM PDT
    • 7173 posts
    October 13, 2017 2:06 AM PDT

Moved to the Halfling Race subforum and I am checking with the team, mate. :)

• 298 posts
    October 13, 2017 2:09 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Moved to the Halfling Race subforum and I am checking with the team, mate. :)

Thanks Kils

• 241 posts
    October 13, 2017 5:22 AM PDT

Hey philo -

You've got a keen eye and yes, it's an oversight. It's true the characters lean toward certain classes, but the female is similar to a Druid (which Halflings can be) and not a Shaman (which they cannot be). 

Apologies on the mix up, Jared has to make sense of too much of my madness as it is and I must have gotten the better of him  here! We'll correct it. 

Thanks for reading and posting!

This post was edited by Istuulamae at October 13, 2017 5:22 AM PDT
    • 7173 posts
    October 13, 2017 6:09 AM PDT

Istuulamae said:

Hey philo -

You've got a keen eye and yes, it's an oversight. It's true the characters lean toward certain classes, but the female is similar to a Druid (which Halflings can be) and not a Shaman (which they cannot be). 

Apologies on the mix up, Jared has to make sense of too much of my madness as it is and I must have gotten the better of him  here! We'll correct it. 

Thanks for reading and posting!

Thanks man! :)

• 298 posts
    October 13, 2017 10:56 AM PDT

Appreciate the clarification Istuul. :)