Forums » Pantheon Classes

Bard or Necro for launch?

• 3237 posts
    October 11, 2017 11:58 AM PDT

If you could only choose one to make it for launch, which one would it be and why?

I personally would choose bard for overall balance purposes.  They offer so much utility/support that I think it's pretty important that the game be balanced around the idea of them being available.  I know necros offer some support as well but based on my experience they have always leaned more heavily toward DPS (and we already have summoner which is pretty similar, a mage/pet class)  --

Here is a strawpoll if you want to cast a vote:  https://strawpoll.com/hxsdyy2f

The poll is for entertainment purposes only.  The ideal scenario is both classes being available, of course!

This post was edited by oneADseven at October 11, 2017 11:59 AM PDT
    • 626 posts
    October 11, 2017 12:16 PM PDT

This is tough as I love both classes equally. These will basically be my two Alt classes at this point. 

• 1618 posts
    October 11, 2017 12:30 PM PDT

Neither. I want to play both. So, if they were available at release, it may cause internal decision tension with my historical ride-or-die, the Dire Lord.

So, for purely selfish reasons, I hope neither is there at launch.

• 633 posts
    October 11, 2017 2:25 PM PDT

I loved the original EQ necromancer.  I haven't like any necromancer in any game I've played since.  My favorite class of all time was the EQ necromancer.  If Pantheon's necromancer is anything like the EQ one, then I'd love to have it at launch.

• 16 posts
    October 11, 2017 5:29 PM PDT

Please Necro!

• 6 posts
    October 11, 2017 5:55 PM PDT

Bard obviously :)

and that is almost said with no bias...

The group support ability of the bard (was) is ? so high that it hink  it will be hard to balance the game encounters if they are added later.

So Bard

• 1120 posts
    October 11, 2017 8:21 PM PDT

I love being a necro... but if necro isnt there... and i was going to be a Cleric or Warrior... i would want a bard with me at all times <3

• 624 posts
    October 11, 2017 9:56 PM PDT

guess...

and the reason why is that neither the masters of death nor their Mister Skellington servants can properly pull off the feathered cap look. It's much trickier than one might think. Never forget our motto - making your group look good, while looking good.

though frankly the question is moot - VRi has been very up front that the plan is neither uplifting battle anthems nor boney malodorous ick at launch ;)

This post was edited by Kumu at October 11, 2017 10:38 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    October 12, 2017 2:06 AM PDT

Kumu said:

guess...

Oh, I know!!!

Necro, it's a Necro, isn't it? haha :D

• 781 posts
    October 12, 2017 6:14 AM PDT

Necro :)  

• 2886 posts
    October 12, 2017 7:27 AM PDT

Hmm that's a tough one but I'm gonna go with Bard, mostly cause I prefer support roles. And while Necros are certainly unique in playstyle, I think Bards are even more unique and bring a whole new feel to the game.

I love how close the strawpoll is at the moment though!

• 56 posts
    October 23, 2017 4:40 AM PDT
    Bard, bard, bard. What is Brad game with a bard. On top of that lore wise it is easier to explain why Necromancy is coming into the world later. Being a dark magic it was practiced in hidden areas only. Bards are a voicetrious bunch how you not going to notice them.
    • 109 posts
    October 24, 2017 4:20 PM PDT

Necromancer has my vote as that was my main in EQ and I've yearned for that experience again for ages.  There's plenty of support oriented classes already in Pantheon, I say give us some variety.  To me Bards always felt like a jack of all trades and a master of none with nothing really unique to offer.  Necro's are particularly fun in role play scenarios as well as groups if played right it's so much fun. 

I really have to wonder if we'll see either class at launch though.  I imagine a Bard would likely be easier to develop for as you don't have to be concerned with pet pathing and all the other complications that come with a sophisticated class.

This post was edited by Frostyglitch at October 25, 2017 1:20 PM PDT
    • 160 posts
    October 24, 2017 7:51 PM PDT

Bard, bard, bard.  And they have to be able to run fast!